The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Student2806
Saudi Arabia welcomes the formation of the MUN Arab League and would like to become a member.

as Tenbinza said in the old thread, SA qualifies automatically, so welcome to the league :P
Reply 21
Just been PM'd by T_C to notify us that the Qatar rep has been banned permanently. Just to let you all know :P I'll QFA everyone later, but im in a hurry so I just thought i'd get the news up for all the members of the League to see
Reply 22
Tenbinza
QFA

missbannana21
QFA

Tunisia calls on the Inaugural Council to discuss sanctions for the Syrian Arab Republics recent actions, and calls for a whole league vote to decide on which sanctions, if any, will be imposed on Syria.
Reply 23
Australia urges the Arab League to be decisive in responding to the Syrian dismissal of Arab League demands.
Reply 24
Original post by Darren-M
Australia urges the Arab League to be decisive in responding to the Syrian dismissal of Arab League demands.

Tunisia agrees, and urges the rest of the Council and League to respond with vigilancy to our requests for a vote.
Original post by Moleman1996
Tunisia agrees, and urges the rest of the Council and League to respond with vigilancy to our requests for a vote.

Libya also agrees with Tunisia and seconds the request for a vote
Reply 26
Original post by missbanana21
Libya also agrees with Tunisia and seconds the request for a vote

[QUOTE="Tenbinza"]QFA/QUOTE]

Tunisia asks the Inaugural council to vote on the plans outlined below

The Council should vote on whether or not to submit a vote to the general assembley of the Arab League.

If voted "yes" to, by 2 of the countries of the council, a vote for the following measures will be put to the whole of the League:

-Syria will be temporarily expelled from the Arab League unless it agrees for a peacekeeping force of 1000 Arab League troops to be deployed in Damascus. The league may deploy further troops as it sees fit.

-If Syria refuses to allow this, or does not respond to our demands, she will be expelled from the League until "voted back in" by the 75% of the league, and will have a full trade embargo from Arab League countries until our demands are met.
Tenbinza
QFA

If voted "yes" to, by 2 of the countries of the council, a vote for the following measures will be put to the whole of the League:

Libya votes yes
Reply 28
Libya votes yes

Tunisia also votes yes, due to Egypts recent inactivity in the League, under current legislation do you think the council is cleared to put this vote to the rest of the league? Having recieved 2 yes votes are we required to wait for Egypt as a formality, the manifesto thing I wrote is unclear lol :s
Tunisia also votes yes, due to Egypts recent inactivity in the League, under current legislation do you think the council is cleared to put this vote to the rest of the league? Having recieved 2 yes votes are we required to wait for Egypt as a formality, the manifesto thing I wrote is unclear lol :s

I'm not sure: if you wrote it and you're not sure then I've got no chance :lol:
Reply 30
I'm not sure: if you wrote it and you're not sure then I've got no chance :lol:

ha ha, well we could give it another 2 days and if we've not heard tenbinza go for it anyway? Egypt would obv be allowed to vote for or against the proposals anyway in the main League vote
ha ha, well we could give it another 2 days and if we've not heard tenbinza go for it anyway? Egypt would obv be allowed to vote for or against the proposals anyway in the main League vote

Sounds ok to me :smile:
Reply 32
Sounds ok to me :smile:

Egypt's two days are up, i'll quote everyone and put this as a whole league vote tonite or tommorow.
Reply 33
Due to a lack of activity, both in general from Tenbinza and particularly in the Council, having not responded since the formation of the Council, Tunisia proposes the removal of Egypt as an Inaugural Council member, to be replaced by another country. This country would be selected by a vote for the whole Arab League, and would enjoy all of the privelleges that Egypt currently does within the council, until the council calls a vote on a permanent system of governing the Arab League, which of course must be done in just a few months. Please respond to this with "Yes" or "No", yes indicating you agree with Tunisia's proposal and "No" indicating otherwise. You may of course also abstain from the vote.

Original post by Tenbinza
QFA

QFA
Reply 34
Due to a lack of activity, both in general from Tenbinza and particularly in the Council, having not responded since the formation of the Council, Tunisia proposes the removal of Egypt as an Inaugural Council member, to be replaced by another country. This country would be selected by a vote for the whole Arab League, and would enjoy all of the privelleges that Egypt currently does within the council, until the council calls a vote on a permanent system of governing the Arab League, which of course must be done in just a few months. Please respond to this with "Yes" or "No", yes indicating you agree with Tunisia's proposal and "No" indicating otherwise. You may of course also abstain from the vote.

Tunisia of course, votes "Yes"

Libya votes yes
Reply 36
Libya votes yes

two votes yes, that goes through then. Shall we start a thread asking for manifestos for why the countries should join the council, or do it in this thread, and just have a seperate thread for the poll
Reply 37
Qatar votes yes.
Reply 38
Original post by RoryS
Qatar votes yes.

Qatar isn't on the council and so can't vote in this particular vote, but if you're interested you should take a look at the thread i've just made. We're basically looking for a country to replace Egypt on the council until its mandate ends and we come up with a permanent way of governing the league :P
Reply 39
Qatar isn't on the council and so can't vote in this particular vote, but if you're interested you should take a look at the thread i've just made. We're basically looking for a country to replace Egypt on the council until its mandate ends and we come up with a permanent way of governing the league :P

Ohh sorry, I'm new to all this! I'll take a look at your thread. :smile:

Latest