The Student Room Group

Post a pic of your car

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joanna-Marie :)
I've got a Fiat Punto too! :biggrin:
Green S Reg and I love it :love:

I just had a bit of suspension fixed -the only problem its had with me *touch a whole forest*
It's a lovely little car and is quite nippy if you let it.
What model's yours? Ive got a 60sx which has a *gasp* sunroof -so nice in this weather.
20120324_152532.jpg20120324_152532.jpg

Just bought my Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider today! Brand new!

This is my second car, after my first being a mitsubishi colt, ativo 2, 2003 from my Dad.
I bought this one cos the service and repair needed on my old car would not be worth the cost, and the finance is very reasonable and a great deal in general. This version i got for 11k, which is 228 a month. Starting work full time in July so its all good
Reply 42
£228/month? Christ. Hope your job pays well...

What's your monthly insurance, tax and petrol spending like?

You know brand new cars depreciate like anything, right?
Original post by her0n
£228/month? Christ. Hope your job pays well...

What's your monthly insurance, tax and petrol spending like?

You know brand new cars depreciate like anything, right?

Insurance is about 45 a month, tax paid for for first year, otherwise 115, petrol economy is better than my current car, probably gonna spend 50-70 a month.

Also im working as a doctor, and my wages cover the cost, my wage also goes up every year i work.

As for the depreciation, i can sell this car in 3.5 years for around 6k (if no accidents) so im actually only spending around 4-5k (over the same period of time) on this brand new, really nice car!

Good deal cos its almost end of March, and this was actually the last one they had

EDIT: i figured it was worth my while due to the ability to sell back to the garage after 3.5 years...which means no MOT costs, and only 3 services. Also 2 years full UK and european break down recovery and curtosey car. Over time it works out at a very reasonable amount i think
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by thefunktopus69
I just had a bit of suspension fixed -the only problem its had with me *touch a whole forest*
It's a lovely little car and is quite nippy if you let it.
What model's yours? Ive got a 60sx which has a *gasp* sunroof -so nice in this weather.

60S but unfortunately no sunroof! I'm a little bit jealous! :eek: haha
I've not had much trouble with mine really considering the age of the car! Just had to have a new pipe to the Anti-freeze as it spilt and had to have new break shoes last year but other than that nothing, fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with it now .. not bad saying I only paid £450 for it in the first place! :biggrin:
3.jpg
I have no car, so I suppose I could post a picture of an Oystercard, but that's not in the spirit of this thread.
Reply 47
Original post by barnetlad
I have no car, so I suppose I could post a picture of an Oystercard, but that's not in the spirit of this thread.

underground train :wink:
Pictures come out huge, so in a spoiler:

Spoiler

Not exactly anything fancy, but I love my car all the same.
I misread it as 'post a pic of your ear' and got my camera out. It was all for nothing, as I do not have a car. :frown:
Original post by TattyBoJangles

Spoiler

A really good car to have as a first car
My birthday present was a Peugeot 207 verve 2010 in red , haven't taken any pics yet though.
Original post by Wak0zak0
IMG00009-20110607-1537.jpg

My pride.

That was my dreaaaammmm first car... now I'm looking for it to be a my dream second car =D

How much did you pay for it?
Here's my first and current car: Mitsubishi Galant GLX 2.0L

I'm over the moon just because I own a car, I'm only 17, so I would've been happy over anything which moved, but to have a 2.0L car as my first car is great!!!

Got this beast for £800

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

One man Army!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by benterz222
Let's see what students are getting around in nowadays... Whether you have the best car in the world or the biggest heap of ****, be proud and post a picture of it!

I'll start.

Rex.jpg

Rex2.jpg

Such a lovely car!

This is mine...
Funny cars pic images photos.jpg

I jest. But how many looks would you get driving that?! So strangely brilliant!

I am mid-way through getting my car, and have a £5000 budget (savings and contribution from my dad) - none of us are rich, but I've saved from when I was born, and some of my student loan is left over, so I've saved that too.
It turns out that living in Sheffield means my insurance is really cheap, even with higher engine cars like Astras (1.6 or 1.8!) and Minis (1.4/1.6).
I was going to get a mini one, because BMW engines are very reliable and my dad has had a BMW for years and approves, but at the same time, I spoke to a dealer and he said a new gearbox and clutch is needed in most at 60,000 miles. ):
I may have to try and go for a good old corsa then! Has anyone got any advice or experience with minis in particular please? I'd love a car that will last me for as many years as possible, or perhaps if I decided to sell it, it would still be worth something! Cheers!

Also, check out the weird cat car... (':
Original post by Joanna-Marie :)
60S but unfortunately no sunroof! I'm a little bit jealous! :eek: haha
I've not had much trouble with mine really considering the age of the car! Just had to have a new pipe to the Anti-freeze as it spilt and had to have new break shoes last year but other than that nothing, fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with it now .. not bad saying I only paid £450 for it in the first place! :biggrin:

I paid £795 and I like telling people that when i fill it full of fuel its value increases by about 10%!!
Original post by TattyBoJangles

Spoiler

Please please please go down to a scrappys and pick up a matching bumper! It's be ludicrously cheap and look so nice!
2011+Ford+Fiesta6.jpg
Original post by thefunktopus69
Please please please go down to a scrappys and pick up a matching bumper! It's be ludicrously cheap and look so nice!

I've grown to quite like my car's little "moustache" xD

Plus we don't have a local scrappy, as far as I'm aware :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending