The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by y.yousef
HAVE YOU DONE all of psychology or sumfin?

What do you mean? I study English Language, Psychology and Sociology! :biggrin:
Original post by StitchMad
What do you mean? I study English Language, Psychology and Sociology! :biggrin:

loool don'tlie....i do all those subject XD

i'm just saying how come u dont post on psychology thread...

and i made a english alnguage thread....cos i'm struggling init....but like only found 1 person who dus it.....

how u finding it?
Reply 102
loool don'tlie....i do all those subject XD

i'm just saying how come u dont post on psychology thread...

and i made a english alnguage thread....cos i'm struggling init....but like only found 1 person who dus it.....

how u finding it?

Haha, what a coincidence. I'm struggling a bit with Psychology because they're SO much content but I'm sure it will all become a bit clearer once I begin revising it properly. I've pretty much finished the coursework for English Language now so we're just working on exam stuff now - I still don't feel ready to sit the exam but there's time yet. Link me up to the threads and I'll see if I'm doing the same course! :biggrin:
Haha, what a coincidence. I'm struggling a bit with Psychology because they're SO much content but I'm sure it will all become a bit clearer once I begin revising it properly. I've pretty much finished the coursework for English Language now so we're just working on exam stuff now - I still don't feel ready to sit the exam but there's time yet. Link me up to the threads and I'll see if I'm doing the same course! :biggrin:

bruv i'll help you out with psychology init. mans understands that...cos i've figured it out....and i'll tell you how to lay out question init.
and i got barrrreee resources for it..if you want it? just post there..and strust me u'll underswtand it bette.r.thats how it helped me....
all you need to do is..make an essay for each spread...thats all i did....

yeah like with english cw...i did the media in 50mins...and investigation in 3hrs....:s-smilie: i'm sooo lastminute.com they go its high B...but dunno how to pull to an A :s-smilie:

the english language its the history of languag ei dont understand...cos teacher hasnt' taught us anything juustt yet...so bare confuszzle i am..

Psychology Unit 4 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1899633&page=17&p=37193919&highlight=psy3#post37193919
English Language B AQA thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1974390 (a pretty sht thread... lol :tongue:)
Reply 104
bruv i'll help you out with psychology init. mans understands that...cos i've figured it out....and i'll tell you how to lay out question init.
and i got barrrreee resources for it..if you want it? just post there..and strust me u'll underswtand it bette.r.thats how it helped me....
all you need to do is..make an essay for each spread...thats all i did....

yeah like with english cw...i did the media in 50mins...and investigation in 3hrs....:s-smilie: i'm sooo lastminute.com they go its high B...but dunno how to pull to an A :s-smilie:

the english language its the history of languag ei dont understand...cos teacher hasnt' taught us anything juustt yet...so bare confuszzle i am..

Psychology Unit 4 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1899633&page=17&p=37193919&highlight=psy3#post37193919
English Language B AQA thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1974390 (a pretty sht thread... lol :tongue:)

I might take you up on the offer in a couple of weeks if I'm still worried about it! We've been doing essays all throughout the year and I've been getting As, it's just that there's so much to collate now and it's difficult to remember it all.

We do English Language A at my school so I think it's slightly different. I did Child Language Acquisition last year and got an A, then resat it in January and got a higher A.. :tongue: I actually really enjoyed it so if you need any help then just let me know. This year we're doing Language Change and Language Variation - there's a lot more but hopefully it will all work out alright!
I might take you up on the offer in a couple of weeks if I'm still worried about it! We've been doing essays all throughout the year and I've been getting As, it's just that there's so much to collate now and it's difficult to remember it all.

We do English Language A at my school so I think it's slightly different. I did Child Language Acquisition last year and got an A, then resat it in January and got a higher A.. :tongue: I actually really enjoyed it so if you need any help then just let me know. This year we're doing Language Change and Language Variation - there's a lot more but hopefully it will all work out alright!

You get A's in your essays :nothing:
Silly billy, you've been fretting for no reason. Just chillax, and everything will be okay, you're a very bright individual.
Just wittle all the paragraphs to one bullet point in a flash card. And just skim over it 5 mins before you got to sleep, so you got it proper memorized.
I haven't done any essays just yet..i'll start making some 1 week before exam, where i work at me best.

:zomg: So annoying, why does no-one do the one i'm doing! :stomp:

Yeah i'm doing child aquisition now, not really enjoying it...:/ just gonna revise the day before, like I did with last english exam. And just get a B or sumfin....

Well if you can give some resources for it,i'll be thankful...

Are you learning Language change about 17th onwards, about how the language has changed, and which partiular countries influenced this?
Reply 106
You get A's in your essays :nothing:
Silly billy, you've been fretting for no reason. Just chillax, and everything will be okay, you're a very bright individual.
Just wittle all the paragraphs to one bullet point in a flash card. And just skim over it 5 mins before you got to sleep, so you got it proper memorized.
I haven't done any essays just yet..i'll start making some 1 week before exam, where i work at me best.

:zomg: So annoying, why does no-one do the one i'm doing! :stomp:

Yeah i'm doing child aquisition now, not really enjoying it...:/ just gonna revise the day before, like I did with last english exam. And just get a B or sumfin....

Well if you can give some resources for it,i'll be thankful...

Are you learning Language change about 17th onwards, about how the language has changed, and which partiular countries influenced this?

Haha, well yeah I've been getting As but that's with the aid of notes, so it doesn't really mean much quite yet! We have a different work pack and notes for each unit, so it's just a matter of working my way through those and condensing them into smaller piles of stuff I need to look at again.

Nobody does the English Language exam I do, I don't think I've found a thread on it yet! :frown: What don't you like about CLA? If you learn the theorists then you can just link those to the features. All my resources are in note form, sadly!

Errr, I think so. We haven't really done much on it since September. All I can remember is standardisation in 1750 and the printing press? :tongue:
Haha, well yeah I've been getting As but that's with the aid of notes, so it doesn't really mean much quite yet! We have a different work pack and notes for each unit, so it's just a matter of working my way through those and condensing them into smaller piles of stuff I need to look at again.

Nobody does the English Language exam I do, I don't think I've found a thread on it yet! :frown: What don't you like about CLA? If you learn the theorists then you can just link those to the features. All my resources are in note form, sadly!

Errr, I think so. We haven't really done much on it since September. All I can remember is standardisation in 1750 and the printing press? :tongue:

I know, I think English Language is probably considered as some sort of Media A level, so it doesn't deserve a thread :dry:
But yeah, just make your own thread, that's what I did, found one person, so I PM her, and get some work and revise back and forth.

Yeah, printing press or something. Well basically what our teacher has done is, she's only taught us 16th century minus...
She keeps saying you need to knwo the 'background'..she's been giving us tons and tons of paper about the background for 3months now :nothing:

so again, just gonna go home and do everything maself. With CLA, i dunt understand it like how do i set out the structure of the exam, that's all i need to knwo..the content of it i can learn within a day, same with language change, bare confuzzled :s-smilie:
Reply 108
Theoretical = Positivism, Interpretivism, Feminist Methodology and Relativism (I think there's more too but I can't remember)!
Yep that's right with ethical and practical! :smile:

For that part, How can you have Feminist Methodology and Relativism In therory and Methods -- FOR Methods Question when Doing PET?
Reply 109
Original post by helpmekid
Theoretical = Positivism, Interpretivism, Feminist Methodology and Relativism (I think there's more too but I can't remember)!
Yep that's right with ethical and practical! :smile:

For that part, How can you have Feminist Methodology and Relativism In therory and Methods -- FOR Methods Question when Doing PET?

Put simply, the most prominent form of Feminist Methodology is an unstructured interview, but you'd need to add that it would be done with a FEMALE interviewer - hence creating a rapport, more trust, more valid data, etc! All the same PET just falls in place - it's just a term given to that style of methodology.
Reply 110
Put simply, the most prominent form of Feminist Methodology is an unstructured interview, but you'd need to add that it would be done with a FEMALE interviewer - hence creating a rapport, more trust, more valid data, etc! All the same PET just falls in place - it's just a term given to that style of methodology.

Kk Thank You

How many Femminists Theories are there- Libral, Radical and Marxist?
Reply 111
Kk Thank You

How many Femminists Theories are there- Libral, Radical and Marxist?

Liberal, Radical, Marxist, Black and Postmodern! :smile:
Reply 112
Liberal, Radical, Marxist, Black and Postmodern! :smile:

:confused::confused: Whats Postmoder?? ( Black Femmnist, say, Racial inequality between women ethnic backgorund right?)
Reply 113
:confused::confused: Whats Postmoder?? ( Black Femmnist, say, Racial inequality between women ethnic backgorund right?)

Black Feminists say that there's not just gender inequality, but racial inequality too, yeah. AO2 of Black Feminism:
1) This assumption be considered outdated due to changes in social policy, but then of course we must look at how much social policy makes a difference because it could be too macro...

2) Ethnicity and Gender are two completely different variables so perhaps they don't work too well when put together.

Postmodern Feminism basically says that women can now use their gender to their advantage. For example, a woman may amplify their femininity in a bar in order to get a free drink.
Reply 114
Black Feminists say that there's not just gender inequality, but racial inequality too, yeah. AO2 of Black Feminism:
1) This assumption be considered outdated due to changes in social policy, but then of course we must look at how much social policy makes a difference because it could be too mmen can now use their gender to their advantage. For example, a woman may amplify their femininity in a bar in order to get a free drink.

KK Thank you once again:smile:
Reply 115
Hi Helpmekid! (Mark - p.s im not stalking you!) I was just wondering if you knew what possible questions were going to come up for the june 12 exam crime and deviance?
Original post by faaria
Hi Helpmekid! (Mark - p.s im not stalking you!) I was just wondering if you knew what possible questions were going to come up for the june 12 exam crime and deviance?

Why you stalking him for. :hmmm:

How would he know, h'es not an examiner :confused:

You should just revise everything, you can't predict..i did that last time..and only got 1 out of the 4 correct.
Reply 117
Original post by faaria

Im Sorry, I do not know :frown:
Only time will tell
when the times comes we shall all know !
Reply 118
Im not stalking him haha!
Also, helpmekid and y.yousef, could you PLEASE help me on this question:
"sociology can be value free and should be value free" (33marks)

I have no idea how to start this essay or what to include in it!!
Original post by faaria
Im not stalking him haha!
Also, helpmekid and y.yousef, could you PLEASE help me on this question:
"sociology can be value free and should be value free" (33marks)

I have no idea how to start this essay or what to include in it!!

just make sure you include intro and conclusions :indiff:

and between it... just look at that topic which talks about value free...add most of that in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending