The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hippokrates
Me too! Biology resit, would do anything to go back and take my January exams seriously now.

ahh bad times. mine's not a resit though- we weren't allowed to take any exams in jan, so I've got a lovely 9 exams in two weeks :/ how did you do in jan? were you on ocr, cause apparently that paper was absolutely horrible?
Original post by TaraBelle
ahh bad times. mine's not a resit though- we weren't allowed to take any exams in jan, so I've got a lovely 9 exams in two weeks :/ how did you do in jan? were you on ocr, cause apparently that paper was absolutely horrible?

What stupid system what is your college thinking? I got 76/100 so I think it's safer to resit. I'm on AQA but it was the hardest paper they've ever done there was question that less than 1% of people got the marks for. I have 8 because I'm doing all of A2 maths in June so I'm panicking :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Natalie21
That's true :biggrin:

Ah yeah my friends were moaning about that as they want to drop subjects.

Will you be going down to 3 or 4 A2s then, if you drop Art?

I'm carrying on with all 4 but no more Critical Thinking as I will have finished it :biggrin: So one more free a week :biggrin: :biggrin:

Aha its annoying :tongue: but I'll deal with it. I'll be down to 3, and I've decided against the EPQ. Not enough time left :frown:

Ah great :biggrin: you'll have a whole A level by the end of this summer..jel :angry: ahaha.

To think we'll be applying in 5 and a half months from now :eek:
What stupid system what are your college thinking? I got 76/100 so I think it's safer to resit. I'm on AQA but it was the hardest paper they've ever done there was question that less than 1% of people got the marks for. I have 8 because I'm doing all of A2 maths in June so I'm panicking :/

Yea the paper was quite hard, and I think they were under the impression it was easy so they raised the grade boundaries :angry: I really wanted 100 UMS as well! aha.
count yourself lucky! my study leave starts on the 11th too but my first exam is monday 14th, so my study leave is basically a weekend.. :'(

BUT I do have a pretty amazing three week holiday after exams :biggrin:

Ah unlucky :tongue: aha yes, that lil break is great :wink: we get it cos the year 13s still have exams. And we got none in January!
Original post by erniiee

I wish I was 5 again, those were the good times... :cry:
Original post by erniiee
Aha its annoying :tongue: but I'll deal with it. I'll be down to 3, and I've decided against the EPQ. Not enough time left :frown:

Ah great :biggrin: you'll have a whole A level by the end of this summer..jel :angry: ahaha.

Ah nicee!!
Sounds like a good idea - the EPQ takes up soo much time :/ So glad that mine's all finished - my teacher is marking it this weekend :P

Yeah I will :biggrin:

Scary scary scary times :///

Original post by SaintSoldier

Hahahahaha could not agree more :biggrin:
Can I just say that I suck at 75% of the UKCAT, but the decision analysis section is my bitch :cool:
To any of you who do Gold DofE; what food do you bring? What meals do you have?

Just wondering, as I could do with some new food ideas for the qualifying expedition :biggrin:

Oh and while I'm at it, any tips on expeditions in general that you'd like to share?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Can I just say that I suck at 75% of the UKCAT, but the decision analysis section is my bitch :cool:

Are you already revising for it??!!! :eek:

Could not agree more I love that section!! :biggrin:

Ahahaha :tongue:
Ah nicee!!
Sounds like a good idea - the EPQ takes up soo much time :/ So glad that mine's all finished - my teacher is marking it this weekend :P

Yeah I will :biggrin:

Scary scary scary times :///

Hahahahaha could not agree more :biggrin:

Yea :frown: sad to not be doing it. I'll definitely do some reading though, will be helpful :biggrin:

Oooo tell us your preliminary mark :wink:

:eek: too dam close! I could do with another year :emo: haha :frown:
Original post by erniiee
:eek: too dam close! I could do with another year :emo: haha :frown:

If you think about it, this time next year we will have all of our offers/rejections. In fact, assuming we get offers, we will have already booked accommodation by then :eek:
To any of you who do Gold DofE; what food do you bring? What meals do you have?

Just wondering, as I could do with some new food ideas for the qualifying expedition :biggrin:

Oh and while I'm at it, any tips on expeditions in general that you'd like to share?

I did Gold D of E, i took malt loaf and cereal bars for breakfast and we had pasta for lunch and ration packs for dinner. For snacks and stuff we had peanuts, mini eggs :smile:, chorizo, kendal mint cake and mini cheddars and thats all i can remember

hope that helped :smile:
Ugh, what is the point of having a mother with a French degree if she refuses to help with vocab and content I should have covered at college but haven't? I got two minutes of ideas in English before she had to have a conversation with someone that has so far lasted an hour - I already waited for her relatives to leave for her. /rant

Sorry, not in the best of moods, still have 5 chapters to cover in chemistry, I'm sick of past papers and failing to understand a worrying large amount of physics. I need a holiday!!! Someone please kill me now, I am so demotivated it's untrue, got 4 'sorry maybe some other time' letters from local GPs and care homes as well - I am far from a happy bunny.

Still, at least I should be able to do alright in biology, it's the only subject I'm coping in currently, starting to question the idea of doing 4A2 next year if I'm this stressed for AS though!!!

Everything is just going way too fast now, wish it was January again, these exams seemed so far away when I considered how close those first ones were....
Apologises for the thoroughly depressing rant above, especially since it's the first thing I've posted in like a week :/ xx
Did you guys see that people got in to B'ham with 7A*s this year? Do you think it's worth applying there if you have seven then?

Are you already revising for it??!!! :eek:

Not seriously. I did some practice questions then did the short practice test on the UKCAT website :smile:

Could not agree more I love that section!! :biggrin:

Got a fair amount of mistakes/ran out of time on the other sections; got them all right with like six minutes to spare on DA. Hopefully it'll push my otherwise low average up
What stupid system what is your college thinking? I got 76/100 so I think it's safer to resit. I'm on AQA but it was the hardest paper they've ever done there was question that less than 1% of people got the marks for. I have 8 because I'm doing all of A2 maths in June so I'm panicking :/

It's supposedly cause they think we're not ready in june, they don't want us doing resits, and it'll get us prepared for at uni when we won't be able to resit. Fair enough I think, but I still hate it :frown: Oh that's really good, especially as the paper was hard, but can't hurt to get a few extra ums though I guess :smile: A2 maths too? wow that's hardcore! good luck :biggrin:

Original post by erniiee

Ah unlucky :tongue: aha yes, that lil break is great :wink: we get it cos the year 13s still have exams. And we got none in January!

it's gonna be amazing :biggrin: I've sorted out some work experience at the royal london, and I'm going to summertime ball, so I'm beyond excited for exams to be over :biggrin:

I get it thanks to further maths people I think :') gahh I really need to revise- have 5 mocks this week but I just can't get down to it :frown:
Did you guys see that people got in to B'ham with 7A*s this year? Do you think it's worth applying there if you have seven then?

Well two guys from my school applied to B'ham with 7A*s this year, both got rejected. Both were in the school's Concert Band, and both had enough work experience, other ECs etc.

They both incidently got offers at Leicester though....
Reply 2437
Well two guys from my school applied to B'ham with 7A*s this year, both got rejected. Both were in the school's Concert Band, and both had enough work experience, other ECs etc.

They both incidently got offers at Leicester though....

They sound similar to me (7A*s, play in big band as well) :O

Better apply to Leicester then :yep:
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Ugh, what is the point of having a mother with a French degree...

Ah this all sucks, yeah time does seem to be flying by, everything is kinda set in motion for october now, scary stuff.

wrt exams motivation is difficult, i've realised that no matter how hard i try i can't revise with the computer even turned on, just far too distracting.

Feel Better :smile:
it's gonna be amazing :biggrin: I've sorted out some work experience at the royal london, and I'm going to summertime ball, so I'm beyond excited for exams to be over :biggrin:

I get it thanks to further maths people I think :') gahh I really need to revise- have 5 mocks this week but I just can't get down to it :frown:

Ah I'm going to Wireless (Rihanna on the Sunday :sexface: ) :biggrin:

Wow, how long is that?

Ah I had mine last week, did ok in the Maths ones, but I'm dreading the Chemistry result on Tuesday. Expecting 40/100 LAWL

Latest

Trending

Trending