The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oli_G
They sound similar to me (7A*s, play in big band as well) :O

Better apply to Leicester then :yep:

Hey how many Maths modules are you sitting this summer? You only did one in Jan right? Just wondering as you've only got 4 more to be sat in your sig :holmes:

On that note, how're you finding Further Maths? I remember when you were trying to decide whether to do it or not :tongue:
Original post by SaintSoldier
If you think about it, this time next year we will have all of our offers/rejections. In fact, assuming we get offers, we will have already booked accommodation by then :eek:

Next October we could be starting our degrees :O

Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Did you guys see that people got in to B'ham with 7A*s this year? Do you think it's worth applying there if you have seven then?

Personally I wouldn't - there's the risk that your application will be discarded straight away...

Original post by erniiee
Ah I'm going to Wireless (Rihanna on the Sunday :sexface: ) :biggrin:

I'm hoping to go on the Saturday :biggrin:. Did you go last year?
Reply 2442
Original post by erniiee
Hey how many Maths modules are you sitting this summer? You only did one in Jan right? Just wondering as you've only got 4 more to be sat in your sig :holmes:

On that note, how're you finding Further Maths? I remember when you were trying to decide whether to do it or not :tongue:

Yeah i've got 4 (FP1 , M1, M2, C2). It's fine as normal maths doesn't take up too much time so it doesn't feel like i'm doing an extra AS. I was going to do D1 as well (so I could get the AS this year) but we didn't have much time left and I didn't think it was worth the extra effort.

It's quite good really as doing M2 helps with M1 as well as the physics mechanics. :smile:
Reply 2443
Original post by thegreenchildren
At my school we don't get study leave! :eek::angry:

Woah! That's terrible! Do you still have to go to lessons? :lolwut:

Original post by Natalie21
4th May :biggrin: :biggrin:

That is bizarre...

Lucky!

Original post by erniiee
Ahaha indeed :tongue: I think the 11th, so pointless that I'll only have a week before my first exam :frown: have a lot of time off after I finish though, I think up to the end of half term :awesome:

11th :'(

Ah that sucks :/
Did you guys see that people got in to B'ham with 7A*s this year? Do you think it's worth applying there if you have seven then?

Im thinking of applying to bham if I bomb the UKCAT :P Apparently they are rejecting people who have anything less than straight A's at AS, so it seems if you got 7A*S+ and 4As+ at AS with good EC's, then you should get an interview.
Original post by a rusH
Woah! That's terrible! Do you still have to go to lessons? :lolwut:

Yeah we still have to go to every single lesson ::s-smilie:
rejected from cambo sutton trust :teehee:
Original post by oli_G
Yeah i've got 4 (FP1 , M1, M2, C2). It's fine as normal maths doesn't take up too much time so it doesn't feel like i'm doing an extra AS. I was going to do D1 as well (so I could get the AS this year) but we didn't have much time left and I didn't think it was worth the extra effort.

It's quite good really as doing M2 helps with M1 as well as the physics mechanics. :smile:

Ah okay, I was wondering why you didn't have 5 :tongue: so will you only have AS Maths and not AS Further Maths?

Ah good to hear they help one another, much like Bio/Chem :biggrin: or English Lit and Art (although I don't do English, I know how much the analysis helps for annotations in sketchbooks and sheets from last year :tongue:).

Good luck with all those Maths exams as well, I've only got 2 luckily!

Personally I wouldn't - there's the risk that your application will be discarded straight away...

I'm hoping to go on the Saturday :biggrin:. Did you go last year?

Oooo nice :biggrin: I really wanted to go on the Saturday ha, but my friend whined about Rihanna so I gave up :L nah I didn't, did you?

Original post by a rusH
Ah that sucks :/

It does :'(
Original post by AtomicMan
Im thinking of applying to bham if I bomb the UKCAT :P Apparently they are rejecting people who have anything less than straight A's at AS, so it seems if you got 7A*S+ and 4As+ at AS with good EC's, then you should get an interview.

Hmm my ECs aren't great :/ tick the other boxes so far though. Are you going to the open day? :smile:

:five:

Original post by erniiee

Oooo nice :biggrin: I really wanted to go on the Saturday ha, but my friend whined about Rihanna so I gave up :L nah I didn't, did you?

The line up this year is soo good - I'd love to go on the Saturday and Sunday!

Yes I went last year it was fantastic!! :biggrin: I got so close to the front!
(edited 11 years ago)
:hi5:

The line up this year is soo good - I'd love to go on the Saturday and Sunday!

Yes I went last year it was fantastic!! :biggrin: I got so close to the front!

Yea me too - really considered buying tickets for both days at one point. Cost put me off tho :tongue:

Ahhh I'm so jel! It looked really good last year too, do you think it will be better this year?
Original post by erniiee
Yea me too - really considered buying tickets for both days at one point. Cost put me off tho :tongue:

Ahhh I'm so jel! It looked really good last year too, do you think it will be better this year?

Haha same plus the cost of transport for 2 days :///

Last year I went on the day with Example, Tinie Tempah, Bruno Mars, Plan B and Black Eyed Peas on the main stage who were amazinggg!!! Hopefully yes :smile:

I was six rows from the front so I got crushed :P
Reply 2452
I'm getting worried about my AS grades now :frown:

I think i'll end up with AAAC or worse :frown:
Reply 2453
Feeling extremely sorry for myself seeing you all talk about study leave. Not only do I have none, but I also have 13 exams because my college refuse to do january exams. It's like they want as many people to fail as possible :s
Reply 2454

same
Reply 2455
Original post by fletchdd02
I'm getting worried about my AS grades now :frown:

I think i'll end up with AAAC or worse :frown:

What's the C in?
Original post by erniiee
Hmm my ECs aren't great :/ tick the other boxes so far though. Are you going to the open day? :smile:

Nah, too far away for me, ill poke around the website though
Original post by SaintSoldier
Well two guys from my school applied to B'ham with 7A*s this year, both got rejected. Both were in the school's Concert Band, and both had enough work experience, other ECs etc.

They both incidently got offers at Leicester though....

Hmm... Do you know their AS grades? They could of course have had a poor personal statement (not saying they do, just saying it's a possibility :tongue:)... Idk.

Shh, stop scaring me! :afraid:

True, but there's that risk with a lot of applications

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Most of my universities love the UKCAT apart from BSMS and (obviously) Bristol, so I'm really hoping I do okay
Reply 2458
Original post by oli_G
What's the C in?

Maths It will be in :frown:

Unless a miracle happens!

Shh, stop scaring me! :afraid:

True, but there's that risk with a lot of applications

But its a different type of risk because they explicitly say then only want people with 8A*s.

No idea why some with 7 got through this year - maybe they realised the flaw in their admissions that people with 7A* or lower can be better than those with 8A*+, but I don't know...