The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 2 Higher 21st May Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
could you say that thing was an animal cell cause it had a flagellum tail thing? or did it have to be because it didn't have a cell wall?
Reply 81
Original post by kkkkkatie
i think you had to say that bile from the small intestine emulsifies the lipids on the outside or something like that

I wrote that the alkaline solution changes the shape of the membrane, and therefore the beads could escape when it reached the small intestine, and for the digesting wall one, I wrote that the enzyme is specific so it doesn't digest this type of lipid? DUnno LOL
Reply 82
Original post by kkkkkatie
could you say that thing was an animal cell cause it had a flagellum tail thing? or did it have to be because it didn't have a cell wall?

I think you could say that, cuz no plant cells have a flagellum :smile:
Reply 83
the question which said: "why isnt this an animal cell" or something like that i wrote.
1. has chloroplasts for photosynthesis
2. has a vacuole
would i get 2 marks?
Reply 84
Original post by maxtate
I was gonna write that, but then I remembered in a past paper they asked what carbon compounds are in plants and the answers were like amino acids/carbs/glucose, stuff like that so I wrote bout that :/

shoot, it was 3marks aswell :frown:
Reply 85
Original post by osama2
the question which said: "why isnt this an animal cell" or something like that i wrote.
1. has chloroplasts for photosynthesis
2. has a vacuole
would i get 2 marks?

i wrote that too, lets hope so
Reply 86
Original post by goggly
i wrote that too, lets hope so

Definitely 2 marks :smile:
Reply 87
grade boundaries?
32= A*
27= A
about right? low or higher?
****, I wrote it had a flagellum.

Oh my God.

Someone juts kill me T__T
Reply 89
Original post by goggly
shoot, it was 3marks aswell :frown:

the bit about the detritus feeders and their respiration IS correct :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by TW2112
the bit about the detritus feeders and their respiration IS correct :smile:

waheyyy :biggrin:
Original post by elfandwonderful
****, I wrote it had a flagellum.

Oh my God.

Someone juts kill me T__T

Dw hopefully it's right :smile:
I wrote that too :smile:
somebody put a unoffical markscheme?????
What did you get for the first question? I forgot what It asked...

It involved, the pondweed question about what the control variable were, and what other factor except for the cost that he should consider...Then it said that the plants had yellow leaves and what mineral deficiency was it, magnesium?...then it asked about what hormone controls glucose levels, insulin, and which organ its produced in, pancreas...Then more questions about diabetes(the graph) Then that 'traditional farm and super farm' question, with the 'green plants' and 'carbon compounds' question...Then a bit of homostasis, explain the difference between the two temperatues at different places. Then something about the blood capillaries...There was also the question about the salt soultion, which said why it had shruken, and give two reasons why it was said to be a plant cell then an animal cell, what did people put? and then why it was said to be an animal, what did people put to that? Then the 'lipase' question, which was amylase and protease, then something about why it can't digest....Then yes the last question, and the cat with five paw inherited disorder? Whether it was recessive or dominant...Then it could either be 'Hh' or 'HH' then why they can't tell which one it is....

Gosh...I'm hoping for at least a c, hopefully a B. How about you lot?
What do you think the grade boundaries will be, similar to January 2012 or far from that?
Original post by acsecnarf
I swear the last question wasnt on the syllabus! we were meant to learn about huntingtons disease and cystic fibrosis! :P

Applying your knowledge of thoses gententics disoders to the question. Huntington disease = need at least one dominant allele and therefore the cat parent needed one allele to pass on the four paw thing :L

I think thats the answer...:s-smilie:
Original post by melissaandthecat
What did you get for the first question? I forgot what It asked...

It involved, the pondweed question about what the control variable were, and what other factor except for the cost that he should consider...Then it said that the plants had yellow leaves and what mineral deficiency was it, magnesium?...then it asked about what hormone controls glucose levels, insulin, and which organ its produced in, pancreas...Then more questions about diabetes(the graph) Then that 'traditional farm and super farm' question, with the 'green plants' and 'carbon compounds' question...Then a bit of homostasis, explain the difference between the two temperatues at different places. Then something about the blood capillaries...There was also the question about the salt soultion, which said why it had shruken, and give two reasons why it was said to be a plant cell then an animal cell, what did people put? and then why it was said to be an animal, what did people put to that? Then the 'lipase' question, which was amylase and protease, then something about why it can't digest....Then yes the last question, and the cat with five paw inherited disorder? Whether it was recessive or dominant...Then it could either be 'Hh' or 'HH' then why they can't tell which one it is....

Gosh...I'm hoping for at least a c, hopefully a B. How about you lot?
What do you think the grade boundaries will be, similar to January 2012 or far from that?

One in january was diffcult that everyone started crying during the exam this exam was easier than January but still you know how tough the mark scheme would be.
Is insulin an enzyme made by the pancreas?
Everyone's saying its not but I swear I read it in the book but I don't know....
Reply 97
Original post by Zahirajavaid
Is insulin an enzyme made by the pancreas?
Everyone's saying its not but I swear I read it in the book but I don't know....

no no insulin is not an enzyme made by the pancreas, it's a hormone secreted by the pancreas
Reply 98
I think Jan 2012 was harder, but A* for this will hopefully be about 30, it'll probs be higher though dunno :smile: I'm hoping for a B/A
in terms of grade boundaries, i doubt it will be any lower than 32, i reckon it will be as high as 34 probably . So 32-34 is my estimation for the A* aha :P it wasnt too hard, but also wasnt easy in the slightest, the graph part of the question was challenging, but the last question i thought was alright ? did people get that parents A and B both had the Hh allele, then Cat D had the two possible alleles were HH and Hh and the reason was cos you would need to know the alleles of Cat C in order to judge what alleles Cat D had?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending