The Student Room Group

UCL Msc Economics 2012....Who is going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Guys, what about Statistics preparation? Do you all have solid knowledge of STATA software? Would knowledge of STATA also be presumed from the beginning of the course? I did two month training of STATA with a very little practice. What about you?
Reply 161
Original post by Anva
Guys, what about Statistics preparation? Do you all have solid knowledge of STATA software? Would knowledge of STATA also be presumed from the beginning of the course? I did two month training of STATA with a very little practice. What about you?

I have never worked with STATA, just Eviews, but I think is just a matter of practice and follow the rules :smile:.

Personally, I am much more concerned with not to fail maths at the beginning :frown:
Reply 162
During the course, you won't have many opportunities to learn STATA and EViews. The course is purely theoretical with virtually no practical practices, although you will have 4 hours emprical sessions for learning STATA and eviews after the exams for preparation of the econometric project.

A NEW: a group of MSc Econ students are now protesting claiming that this year's micro exam is extremely difficult... interesting to see how many people would fail this year...
Reply 163
Original post by Lalafell
During the course, you won't have many opportunities to learn STATA and EViews. The course is purely theoretical with virtually no practical practices, although you will have 4 hours emprical sessions for learning STATA and eviews after the exams for preparation of the econometric project.

A NEW: a group of MSc Econ students are now protesting claiming that this year's micro exam is extremely difficult... interesting to see how many people would fail this year...

Well, after all is a Msc from a top university in the world. If I knew that everybody pass the course with a sensation like they were in a long holiday in London, I would worry about, but I think that level of rigour is expected.

Ey Lalafell, what about Cam?, do you have news of your app?
Reply 164
Original post by Econla
Well, after all is a Msc from a top university in the world. If I knew that everybody pass the course with a sensation like they were in a long holiday in London, I would worry about, but I think that level of rigour is expected.

Ey Lalafell, what about Cam?, do you have news of your app?

I got admitted months ago...
Reply 165
well good for you!
Reply 166
Original post by Econla
I have never worked with STATA, just Eviews, but I think is just a matter of practice and follow the rules :smile:.

Personally, I am much more concerned with not to fail maths at the beginning :frown:

Well, I am also concerned with that exam, but it is math and statistics exam and that is why I think that we should have good knowledge of those softwares. Don't you think so? If no, it will be great, we just need to prepare theoretical part with Pemberton and Wooldridge. I have already ordered these books for the summer.
Reply 167
Original post by Anva
Well, I am also concerned with that exam, but it is math and statistics exam and that is why I think that we should have good knowledge of those softwares. Don't you think so? If no, it will be great, we just need to prepare theoretical part with Pemberton and Wooldridge. I have already ordered these books for the summer.

You can see past exam in UCL Moodle. For this, you don't need anything from stata or eviews, it's pure theory and mostly probability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending