The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
Been working part time and got a tax code of 0T/1. Is this right, I should be well under the limit.

Is this your only job? If yes, the code is almost certainly incorrect. You need to pass your employer their pages of your form P45 from a previous job this year, if you have one, or else complete a starter checklist to provide equivalent information (link).
Original post by Rakas21
Been working part time and got a tax code of 0T/1. Is this right, I should be well under the limit.

No, there's a problem there unless you've been grossly underpaying tax in previous years!
Original post by Reality Check
No, there's a problem there unless you've been grossly underpaying tax in previous years!

Got is sorted early in the year.
Original post by Rakas21
Got is sorted early in the year.

Sorry - just seen the date of your post! Glad it's sorted, anyway.
Any ideas how as a worker under PAYE I claim back interest deducted at source within my Personal Savings Allowance?
Reply 2305
Hello can anyone advise me on .....!?
Got a job over summer break, I'm staying with friends over the summer as it's local to the job. I'm an independent student so I have no "home" (parental) address. Is it ok to give tax office my uni address?
Now, if anyone has any further questions, fire away! :smile:
Reply 2306
Really glad I came across this thread, super useful information regarding taxes, which is exactly what I've been searching for help with lately as I've had a couple of issues to resolve. I'd also like to share a really great website I came across the other day, I had to do some calculations regarding my take-home pay after taxes (I'm a secondary school teacher). I used this tax calculator: https://www.income-tax.co.ukAllows you to do some really useful things, simple to use and saved me a huge headache! Hope everyone else finds it useful :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending