The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

27 days to go.
Any predictions on edexcel maths grade boundaries ?
Results day is fast approaching!! Ahh it's getting scary now:colonhash:
Original post by Waveyalex
Any predictions on edexcel maths grade boundaries ?

Should be high but by a big difference from last year
Original post by Anmol_.
Should be high but by a big difference from last year

An A was 125 last year 133 in 2014 and 131 in 2013 wat do u reckon this year will be ?
An A was 125 last year 133 in 2014 and 131 in 2013 wat do u reckon this year will be ?

Honestly, this year edexcel maths exams were pretty straight forward if you compare it to last year. I felt 2014 was the easiest year but some still argue that 2016 was better so I maximum 135. I'll be surprised if it's higher than that.
Original post by Anmol_.
Honestly, this year edexcel maths exams were pretty straight forward if you compare it to last year. I felt 2014 was the easiest year but some still argue that 2016 was better so I maximum 135. I'll be surprised if it's higher than that.

I honestly think it will be 130 as its a 5 mark increase from last year and november 2015 was 135 for an and they dont repeat grade boundaries.
Reply 227
I honestly think it will be 130 as its a 5 mark increase from last year and november 2015 was 135 for an and they dont repeat grade boundaries.

there is no rule to not repeat boundaries, they can if they see fit. in an ideal world they'd like the boundaries to be the same every year. i personally predict 169 for A* and 135 for A. remember that november boundaries are useless to go by as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
there is no rule to not repeat boundaries, they can if they see fit. in an ideal world they'd like the boundaries to be the same every year. i personally predict 169 for A* and 135 for A. remember that november boundaries are useless to go by as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/gradebound.pdf
this doesnt include 2015 but 2014 was far easier than 2016 so 130 would make sense
Reply 229
http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/gradebound.pdf
this doesnt include 2015 but 2014 was far easier than 2016 so 130 would make sense

i wouldnt say so personally. 2014 had a difficult 4 marker which relied on knowing miles to km conversion. statistics showed very few A* students knew this...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
i wouldnt say so personally. 2014 had a difficult 4 marker which relied on knowing miles to km conversion. statistics showed very few A* students knew this...

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm true but this years sine and cosine question was much more tricky to understand whereas 2014 it was more obvious to get also this years inverse proportion used the sign which a high number of people didn't know
Anyone doing english lit at AS? If so would u need revision guides and which one?
A is for *******.
Original post by Starlight15
@Nirgilis @usycool1 @Black Rose @Gingerbread101 could any of you sticky this thread please? I've seen you guys sticky the a level results day thread

Just because you asked nicely... :smile:
26 days to go.
What you think you've got: 8A* 4A

Predicted grades: 12A* but they can get in the bin.

What you've actually got:

How are you feeling about results day?
I'm anxious, mostly because my school is like a grade factory and some of the students are very eager to peek over your shoulder. I got 89% in a Latin practice paper once and I was told by one girl 'better luck next time' lmao.

How are you going to open your results?
With a cricket bat to prod away anyone who tries to look over my shoulder.
What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
History, English, French and Philosophy
Original post by ireti
What you think you've got: a mixture of A* and A with an ungraded in french

Predicted grades: same thing but for some reason my teacher has redicted me an A in FRENCH!? not gonna happen

What you've actually got: considering i revised the day before for some of my subjects hmmmm

How are you feeling about results day? getting ready to move outta the country and start a new life away from people i know

How are you going to open your results? well at my school my parents are ugh gonna get the results online on the night of the 24th so i not exactly gonna be the one opening them

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative) english lit, maths, chemistry, biology

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!) uhh how?

Are you being serious about the U in french?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and I'm not really nervous for results day, because my predicted grades were BAD.

For anyone who did AQA Maths(Unit 1,2 and 3), What do you think will be the marks required for an A/A*?
Ah I'm so nervous !!
What you think you've got:

Worst case: 5A*s 3As 2Bs
Best case: 9A*s 1A

Predicted grades:

English Lit: A
English Lang: A
Maths: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
French: A*
History: A*
Computer science: A*
RE: A*

What you've actually got:

We shall see

How are you feeling about results day?

Extremely nervous, mainly due to parents reactions (their life is basically wanting A*s)

How are you going to open your results?

In school

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)

Maths and Further maths, biology, chemistry and physics!

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)

I would like to but don't think I'd be in the right mindset to do it!

Can't believe results month is tomorrow! The biggest results of our life omfg will be here in 25 days!! Feels like last year I was in year 7 thinking about how excited I was to finish secondary school and get my GCSE results, but now I wish to go back to year 7!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest