The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

rejected for L100 UCL :/ still waiting on warwick and lse....
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I am from Sweden and I currently live in Paris so no need for a mattress for me (my room is really tiny though so I am afraid I cannot "accueil" someone...). Would be great to meet up at the open day! :smile: It is not mandatory though in order to register etc. but I would like to see the campus and get some more information.

Apparently they also do a live open day online, but it would definitely be great to meet you!

http://www.sciencespo.fr/content/9068/samedi-de-linformation
Offer for Physics finally! Now im deciding between UCL and Warwick. This is going to be difficult one to make.

=)
Original post by ihategeography

Unlucky mate. Did they give a reason?
(if it's ok, could you share your academics?)
Original post by xavier10146
Unlucky mate. Did they give a reason?
(if it's ok, could you share your academics?)

nope no reason, a level predictions were A*A*AA in maths, economics, further maths and chemistry, GCSE's were pretty average (all A's) which is probably the reason...
Reply 3685
Username : Samdude

GCSE's : 6*'s 2A's B C

AS : AAAAA

Pred A2 : A*A*A*

Offer: AAB

Result: UCL OR MANCHESTER?! ARGH
Original post by ihategeography

Same as you. Just got rejected and still waiting for warwick and lse.

It sucks.
Reply 3687
got that AAB offer for Physics 2 days ago too :biggrin: anyone else?
Original post by Dark92amaury

It sucks.

I know right, especially because UCL was the least likely I thought I'd get rejected from out of warwick and LSE... but you never know we should get one out of warwick and LSE!! good luck man
Law offer. today. ecstatic. :smile:

they're asking for 38 IB points and HL 18, with none of them below 5.. let's make this happen!
Reply 3690
Original post by Dark92amaury

It sucks.

unlucky! :frown: did they say why? and what grades are you predicted/which subjects etc?
Reply 3691
I applied for Computer science in January and I still haven't received an answer.... do I still have a chance to get in?
Original post by AceS4
I applied for Computer science in January and I still haven't received an answer.... do I still have a chance to get in?

You been interviewed yet? I think the last interview/open day is on the 21st.
Reply 3693
I was not called for an interview....but I know some people who got in to this course without an interview....

Is it a good thing that they haven't rejected me yet?
Reply 3694
for ANYONE WHO RECEIVED A MODERN LANGUAGES OFFER:

the offer is of course AAA

but does the third A have to be achieved in a specific subject or does it not matter?

my case is french and spanish
Am i the only one waiting for philosophy & economics ???????
Reply 3696
Original post by AceS4
I was not called for an interview....but I know some people who got in to this course without an interview....

Is it a good thing that they haven't rejected me yet?

I am in the exact same position! I don't know if it's course specific if they give offers without interviews, but I wouldn't think that my application is that strong. And that worries me!
I'd say it's not a bad thing that you haven't been rejected, it may be sort of like the pooling system in Cambridge. The strongest applicants get offers or interviews first while the weakest are eliminated straight away. At least, that's what I keep telling myself! :biggrin:
Reply 3697
Original post by maitai
I am in the exact same position! I don't know if it's course specific if they give offers without interviews, but I wouldn't think that my application is that strong. And that worries me!
I'd say it's not a bad thing that you haven't been rejected, it may be sort of like the pooling system in Cambridge. The strongest applicants get offers or interviews first while the weakest are eliminated straight away. At least, that's what I keep telling myself! :biggrin:

did you apply for cs as well?

I don't think that my application is that strong either....but I recently started thinking that they take into account the fact that I am a girl....I know it's stupid....but I know some girls who went to engineering and had a few problems because of their gender..not at UCL though

I couldn't help but notice that most applicants are males..
Reply 3698
Original post by AceS4

I don't think that my application is that strong either....but I recently started thinking that they take into account the fact that I am a girl....I know it's stupid....but I know some girls who went to engineering and had a few problems because of their gender..not at UCL though

Most applicants are male, yeah, but there's a few girls too :smile: I'm a girl and I got an offer without interview (for MEng CS, just to clarify). Hopefully there won't be any problems because of it! :

I think they send out offers in batches, and if you applied in January your application would have been one of the last they got. Probably they're starting to make decisions on the last applications now and I'd say you'll hear from them soon :smile: Definitely take the fact that you haven't heard yet as a good sign - no news is good news, as they say.
Reply 3699
Original post by AceS4

I did not apply for CS, so I can't really say much on the subject! I do know that they try and balance the gender ratio if at all possible - especially in subjects that are male dominated (or female dominated for that matter!) So I wouldn't worry about your gender having a negative effect on your application.

Latest

Trending

Trending