The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has this happened to anyone?

I came back from a holiday a few weeks ago and at passport control, when he scanned my passport. He said something along the lines of "ah you're doing the Olympics", to which I smiled like a big kid and said yes!! I was too excited to ask how he knew, but I'm guessing the security checks that the Olympics team do shows on the passport. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else. He was pretty chatty with me, which was probably why he mentioned it.

Congrats to everyone that has been offered a place and those still waiting to hear, I'm sure good news will be coming your way very soon.
I think someone on here said they were moved from 51b to 51a. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. She was told the move was to balance out the male to female ratio, but there would be no change to what she was doing. Although she said her rehearsals now start a day earlier than before.
Original post by Cookie_monster452

I came back from a holiday a few weeks ago and at passport control, when he scanned my passport. He said something along the lines of "ah you're doing the Olympics", to which I smiled like a big kid and said yes!! I was too excited to ask how he knew, but I'm guessing the security checks that the Olympics team do shows on the passport. Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else. He was pretty chatty with me, which was probably why he mentioned it.

Congrats to everyone that has been offered a place and those still waiting to hear, I'm sure good news will be coming your way very soon.

Ohhh! How much fun was that chatting to Passport Control? Normally its all very offocial and formal! We're going away the week after next, I'll hope for a similar welcome home!
Original post by Flakeydom
I'd allow about an hour and 15 minutes. There is supposed to be a shuttle bus going back and forth from the nearest station to 1:1 but not sure how long that will take (or what the wait will be) - or it's just under a mile to walk from station to venue.

Thanks, that's great Flakeydom. Appreciate it.
Reply 6204
That's the second passport control story we've had, pretty neat! Two of our Choir are volunteers but we didn't get anything like that when went through the other week.
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Thanks for the update. Am I the loner "Not heard" from the 26th?

Nope - you're in the other list as a November 'reserve'

Original post by abs0n
Flakeydom - I'm not sure what goes into the magical spreadsheet of yours, but as everybody seems to be giving you audition dates I thought that I'd join in the fun :smile:

Thank you! It's mainly audition dates, what type of audition it was and then what your outcome was and when you found out. It's useful for setting people's minds at ease when you panic that you are the only person on the planet who doesn't know yet. At least, that's why I started it way back around 20 Jan!

I came back from a holiday a few weeks ago and at passport control, when he scanned my passport. He said something along the lines of "ah you're doing the Olympics", to which I smiled like a big kid and said yes!!

Someone mentioned going to Paris in late January and passport control saying something to them. No-one said anything when I came back from Austria in early Feb (although my offer had only come through a few days beforehand so might not have processed). I'm not sure whether that freaks me out privacy wise or not... :s-smilie:
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Thanks for the update. Am I the loner "Not heard" from the 26th? I'm not sure what I'm officially classified as because I told them my circumstances and they wouldn't let me be a reserve for the Closing...then much later I got an e-mail saying I'd been relegated to a reserve since I hadn't accepted within the deadline.

Once again another days ends with no news here. As always it's nice to know I'm not the only one in this position thought. Please let the casting e-mail fairies bring us good news tomorrow.

Petitsyeuxbleus what are you trying to organise for the summer? Can it wait another week? I know it's excruciating but there surely can't be much waiting left, we're on the final leg and it would be great if you got to join all the successful applicants.

I am still havent received no news of paralympic audition result. Fingers crossed
Reply 6207
Got back from hols a few hours ago to a 'Cast offer' e-mail!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Can't believe it - I'm so happy!!!

I was at the Men with Rhythm recall so no prizes for guessing I'm another 44-FOP, no idea what that is but over-'fop'ing-joyed that I'm now part of the opening ceremony :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: no sleep for me tonight!

The sheer relief as I read the e-mail made me realise just how stressed out I've been over the last couple of months whilst waiting...waiting... so, hope they don't keep those of you who are still waiting for decisions waiting for long.

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 6208
Original post by deke
Hey there -
I just joined the site and am another person waiting for a response. I auditioned in February and had my call back at 10 am on Feb 19 (Sunday).

Was anyone else in that call back and still waiting?

Hi Deke, I was at the 10am recall audition too. I heard today that I am in 44-FOP, so the offers ARE still coming in....

@rocks99 - I'm on ntlworld (virginmedia) - my rehearsal schedule wasn't visible on the iPhone, but was there when I viewed the e-mail on virginmedia.com...

@mandy_panda, post ceremony drinks...absolutely!! Rude not too! And as it's 'us', who better to go over all the minute details of the night with??

Someone had posted the same so when I returned from holiday in February I deliberately asked at passport contro whether it said I was in the Olympics and they sai there was nothing to that effect so I was rather disappointed!:frown:
Congraaaaaaats snix99! Keep positive thinking everyone else!!! It's gonna happen!! So excited!
Original post by Snix99
Hi Deke, I was at the 10am recall audition too. I heard today that I am in 44-FOP, so the offers ARE still coming in....

AAAAHHHHH! snix99 I have just found an earlier post of yours which says they wanted "people with acting talent or those who looked "like we could push a cow over the moon". So that is why they need so many beefcake FOPPERS
:moo::moon:

Forgot to say well done on your role! :beer::clap2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pinnerite
AAAAHHHHH! snix99 I have just found an earlier post of yours which says they wanted "people with acting talent or those who looked "like we could push a cow over the moon". So that is why they need so many beefcake FOPPERS

I hope you're not insinuating that getting Mum of Students up onto her flagpole is like pushing a cow over the moon :eek::tongue:

Congrats Snix99 - you were one of our first Feb auditionees to sign up I think :smile:
Reply 6213
thanks snix99... that is encouraging. I will just keep waiting... did you get an email today (Monday)?
Congratulations Snix99 :biggrin:
[QUOTE="Pinnerite;37176349"]
Original post by Snix99

Did someone say Beefcake??? I am evidently in the wrong section :unimpressed:- in my group, I didn't spot anyone who looked as though they could push a cow...let alone over the moon.
Reply 6216

Hey there! This happened to me about 6 weeks ago coming home through Heathrow! It's been the friendliest welcome I've ever had at Passport Control (I couldn't stop grinning either!!). They said my passport showed that it had undergoing "extensive security checks" whatever that means. Quite scary to think how much information your passport holds....

So good to see the excitement building up on here....only a few more days until my first rehearsal and am SUPER EXCITED!!

Congrats to all the recent recruits.
[QUOTE="Caroline27;37177023"]
Original post by Pinnerite

Did someone say Beefcake??? I am evidently in the wrong section :unimpressed:- in my group, I didn't spot anyone who looked as though they could push a cow...let alone over the moon.

Caroline it is the 44 FOPPers who seem to be the beefcakes who have a primary utility role in the acting segment - so not 49ers elegant dancing types! (with apologies to any FOPPERS who are in fact small and slim)

But hopefully we shall all be over the moon without assistance when we find out what the rehearsals are all about. Lucky you already knowing :shh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6218
Hi everyone :smile:

I've been reading this for two weeks and it's been so supportive through my waiting! I auditioned for para ceremonies on feb 29th and sadly still heard nothing. However one of the girls I auditioned with has heard so it can't be too long can it?

I'm desperate to know now! Really feel for everyone waiting and realise some have been waiting even longer then me :frown:
Reply 6219
I think someone on here said they were moved from 51b to 51a. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. She was told the move was to balance out the male to female ratio, but there would be no change to what she was doing. Although she said her rehearsals now start a day earlier than before.

That was me :smile: Nice to know someone else is in the same situation! Is your friend on this forum?

Latest