The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by such_a_lady
What Jess said is so true. I expect your boyfriend finds you incredibly hawt and as long as you fit into your clothes and are healthy, you're probably much more attractive than you think you are :wink:

I'm starting to not fit into my clothes though which is the problem :lolwut: :eek4:

but thank you guys! means a lot! youre all very sweet :colondollar: :hugs:
Reply 7801
:hi: had a bit of a lie in :ninja: Think me and the boy are going to have a bit of a house clear out today and get some stuff listed on ebay :biggrin:

Hope everyone is ok!

Jelly - I bet you look fantastic :hugs:
Original post by Jellybean91
Nah these girls were english/american :sad: I know its not worth it but urghhhhhh!! I don't remember the last time I had such a negative view of my body :sad:

Stalking through your holiday photos, your figure is gorgeous. I'd kill for boobs like yours :wink:

But I get what you mean about comparing yourself to other people. All my friends at home at tall and slim, and I just feel so lumpy next to them, espeically one. It always meakes me feel rubbish about myself. I want skinny legs :sad:

-----

Right, done a bit of revision, think it's time to head into town to do my weekly shop, so that I can actually make dinner tonight.

Boy's been texting me about going to Glasto next year. Not sure about it - I'll be right in the middle of my dissertation, and the music is not entirely my scene, but at the same time, it's Glasto. I'll have to think about it. The problem is, I'm guessing that I can't take too much time off while writing my dissertation, and I'd probably rather go to Download again, but I've got no idea if anyone is going.
(edited 11 years ago)
thanks guys :colondollar: ... I think its just one of those things where you're your own worst critic combined with the fact I dont fit into at least 3 pairs of my shorts now is making me feel a bit down! So, i'm going for a run, (thank you c25k podcast) now its past 4pm my flatmates wont shout at me again for it :tongue:
Reply 7804
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37651113']x

Unrelated, but please may we be dissertation support partners next year? I am already slightly apprehensive. Luckily, my MA is taught so I don't think it'll be as long as research, but still!
Despite not really getting all the Olympic and Olympic torch hype, I do find it pretty cool that my brother's girlfriend will be carrying it on part of it's journey.
Reply 7806
Original post by Stray_talk
Despite not really getting all the Olympic and Olympic torch hype, I do find it pretty cool that my brother's girlfriend will be carrying it on part of it's journey.

My boyfriend's uncle's new wife (I still can't think of her as his aunty!) is carrying it, too. I have no idea what the selection criteria were, though.
Original post by jeh_jeh
My boyfriend's uncle's new wife (I still can't think of her as his aunty!) is carrying it, too. I have no idea what the selection criteria were, though.

I think a lot have been chosen due to things they have done in the community or for charity.
The whole thing is a bit ridiculous really as a lot of the torch bearers are taking it through towns and cities that aren't even their home town!
Reply 7808
Original post by Stray_talk
I think a lot have been chosen due to things they have done in the community or for charity.
The whole thing is a bit ridiculous really as a lot of the torch bearers are taking it through towns and cities that aren't even their home town!

She must have a secret life. Boyfriend didn't even know! The only reason I found out was because she mentioned it on Twitter.
Reply 7809
You guys, you guys, I WANT TO GO BACK TO ITALY. I'm watching Two Greedy Italians on iPlayer instead of revising, and just. :drool:
I can now stay up to date with your musings, thank god for this long overdue app!
Got my strapless bra and shoes for prom. Haven't revised, though. Or done that Spanish essay for tomorrow :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by jeh_jeh
You guys, you guys, I WANT TO GO BACK TO ITALY. I'm watching Two Greedy Italians on iPlayer instead of revising, and just. :drool:

hahahaha I LOVE them!! they make me want to throw the diet out the window! Have you ever been to a carluccios?? :coma: sooo good!

Just did a huuuge run! really proud of myself! :biggrin:
Original post by jeh_jeh
Unrelated, but please may we be dissertation support partners next year? I am already slightly apprehensive. Luckily, my MA is taught so I don't think it'll be as long as research, but still!

Yes! The thought of doing another dissertation currently petrifies me. Mine's taught too - there's a timetable online (from this year), and it looks like from the end of April to the end of July is aaaaaaaalll dissertation :s-smilie:

Original post by Jellybean91
hahahaha I LOVE them!! they make me want to throw the diet out the window! Have you ever been to a carluccios?? :coma: sooo good!

Just did a huuuge run! really proud of myself! :biggrin:

Carluccio's :love: Sooooo nice.

And yay for the run! I'm impressed you're managing to run in Spain, it's only about 10 degrees here and I'm already beginning to find it too hot :tongue:

...I want food.
Reply 7813
I've found the perfect revision snack: pickled chillis! They're low calorie and spicy - so you can't eat many and I never want to eat anything else!
Found my student finance stuff :redface:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by *Interrobang*
Just bitten the bullet and ordered clothes online (which I have never done before). Got 25% off, so even with the delivery (about £1.50 more than if I had got the train to the shop myself), it cost less than the dress! Had a £10 gift card from Christmas too :smile: The dress I ordered. What do you girls think? I have to be careful with dresses, as the ones that don't flow out at the bottom tend to look awful on me with my large hips

Aww very pretty :smile: well done!

I went to IKEA today with one of my most lovely male friends - he drove me there, wandered around with me for 3 hours and carried everything to his car and up my stairs to my flat! Amazing! Got massive shelves, bedside table, chest of drawers and shoe cabinet for my new flat :biggrin: so excited to move! Had a mega fun day it was great to get out of the house! Currently sat on my bed in a room that looks like I'm moving tomorrow not in 3 weeks! But glad its all packed as I won't have any non-work days before I move.

In other news, this time next week I will be in Greece with my boy :woo: bring it on!xx

Edit - EEK just had a look and I made £100 on eBay!!! That's £250 in less than a month :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7816
Original post by blinkbelle
Aww very pretty :smile: well done!

I went to IKEA today with one of my most lovely male friends - he drove me there, wandered around with me for 3 hours and carried everything to his car and up my stairs to my flat! Amazing! Got massive shelves, bedside table, chest of drawers and shoe cabinet for my new flat :biggrin: so excited to move! Had a mega fun day it was great to get out of the house! Currently sat on my bed in a room that looks like I'm moving tomorrow not in 3 weeks! But glad its all packed as I won't have any non-work days before I move.

In other news, this time next week I will be in Greece with my boy :woo: bring it on!xx

Edit - EEK just had a look and I made £100 on eBay!!! That's £250 in less than a month :cool:

Well done :biggrin: I have tons of stuff that needs ebaying, never done it before!
Sounds like successful shopping Bee!

Ooops. I was sat on my bed watching a program about the 1970s (it's one of my topics for the exam, so I'm telling myself that it counts as revision :tongue:) and I accidentally dozed off :eek:
The BBC2 70s documentary? I've really enjoyed that.

Everyone in my house seems to be feeling really sick so I'm hiding in my room. Hoping it is hangover feeling sick (as they went out last night, although one housemate didn't as she already felt rough but seems ok today) rather than evil contagious ill feeling sick as I won't be able to cope with that.
Reply 7819
I'm trying to think of birthday present ideas for the boy. For his main present he's getting a new tattoo, but I'd still like to get him some little bits, just can't think of anything!

Latest