The Student Room Group

C3 ocr mei june 21st 2012

Hello everyone i couldn't find a C3 MEI June 2012 exam thread so I decided to make one. I just thought we could discuss any queries and that for some of us after C4 this exam is a lifeline LOL :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah resitting it! got 77 in c1, 77 in c2,70 in c3, 70 in s1 and probably failed D1 and core 4 lol so kinda hoping to bump this up to get a B overall! you got any ideas on what will come up?. :smile:
Reply 2
woop, I'm in on this. Realllllllllllly prepared for it, considering I got the C4 and C3 dates mixed up and revised for C3 as if was on the 14th. Safe to say... C4 didn't go well :wink:

This is a lot easier than I remembered it being at the beginning of the year. Nothing can be as bad as Jan 2012 though!
Reply 3
hello! i was wondering if anyone can help...
on the jan 11 paper, question 5 part ii
you have to find the exact coordinates of the point where y=e^-x and y=e^x-1 meet
so presumably you make them equal each other ... i.e. e^x-1 = e^-x
then on the mark scheme it says
e^2x-e^x=2
Im being really stupid but can't see how you get to that stage! :frown:
Reply 4
e^-x is the same as 1/e^x so
e^x -1= 2*1/e^x
e^x -1=2/e^x
Multiply both sides by e^x to get
e^2x -e^x=2

(since e^x * e^x is e^2x as the powers are added together :smile:)
Reply 5
Original post by bobadob
e^-x is the same as 1/e^x so
e^x -1= 2*1/e^x
e^x -1=2/e^x
Multiply both sides by e^x to get
e^2x -e^x=2

(since e^x * e^x is e^2x as the powers are added together :smile:)

hey sorry i don't understand why you times it by 2 on the second line! sorry I'm having a complete mind blank!!
Reply 6
Original post by rosie12
hello! i was wondering if anyone can help...
you have to find the exact coordinates of the point where y=e^-x and y=e^x-1 meet

Oh, that might be your problem there. One curve is the y=e^x-1 like you had, but the other is y=2e^-x :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by bobadob
woop, I'm in on this. Realllllllllllly prepared for it, considering I got the C4 and C3 dates mixed up and revised for C3 as if was on the 14th. Safe to say... C4 didn't go well :wink:

This is a lot easier than I remembered it being at the beginning of the year. Nothing can be as bad as Jan 2012 though!

Jan 2012... I hear you bro. :P
Reply 8
Has anyone got the c3 paper from Jan. 2012? If so can you post it on here please
Original post by Alasda1r
Has anyone got the c3 paper from Jan. 2012? If so can you post it on here please

Apologies for the notes on question 8.

http://i.imgur.com/r09BY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1NUG1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dCGyo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H78Bv.jpg
Reply 10

You hero! Spent ages searching for that exam a few weeks back. :biggrin:
Original post by bobadob
You hero! Spent ages searching for that exam a few weeks back. :biggrin:

I did it for real and hated it. Good thing I'm resitting it after Core 4 went equally badly. I found it bad on timing but I normally work pretty slow anyway so it could just be me.
Reply 13
Could someone please tell me why in January 2010, question 9.iv) the domain is given as -1< x < 1.4 instead of -1≤ x 1.4?

Many many thanks!
Reply 14
Anyone happen to have a mark scheme for jan 2012 c3?
Reply 15
Original post by Alasda1r
Anyone happen to have a mark scheme for jan 2012 c3?

It's in here somewhere :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by jackharris
yeah resitting it! got 77 in c1, 77 in c2,70 in c3, 70 in s1 and probably failed D1 and core 4 lol so kinda hoping to bump this up to get a B overall! you got any ideas on what will come up?. :smile:

Sorry I have no idea the logs graph questuin hasn't come up for a while so you never know :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by bobadob

Ooooh unlucky hopefully the grade boundaries will be low, Yh messed up in Jan hoping to get 75ums to secure my B grade :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending