The Student Room Group

OCR ECONOMICS A591 GCSE 18th MAY 2012

Hey guys
Just wanted to know how many of you took the gcse unit 1 economics exam today and what you all thought of it.
Hi, I took it. Well i took both unit 1 and 2. Hmm, i dunno. I think unit 2 was easier than the first unit. What did you think of it?
Reply 2
Hi, I only took unit 1 today and yeah I'm not too sure how well it went either. I didn't think it went ridiculously badly. I thought some of the 8 mark questions were a little challenging but not the worse it could have been.
Reply 3
thought it was really easy compared to previous papers
was it me or was unit 2 way too short
Reply 5
I found unit 1 harder than unit 2 and I even found unit 2 quite hard to an extent.

Just wondering what you guys got for the question that asks how much revenue is made from one room during one of the first questions about the monopoly for the tourist area or how you worked it out in unit 1
(edited 11 years ago)
ooh. the average revenue one?
Reply 7
Yup, i think so.
ooh err i did.
the total revenue divided by 3 - as it was for 3 nights.
Original post by blackjenny85
ooh err i did.
the total revenue divided by 3 - as it was for 3 nights.

I think it said cost for 3 nights per room which was 800/4
Reply 10
Original post by Dominic101
I think it said cost for 3 nights per room which was 800/4

Yeah, I did the same and got 200
Original post by thesukh
Yeah, I did the same and got 200

was wondering if it meant 8 rooms by 4 double rooms XD
Reply 12
Original post by Dominic101
was wondering if it meant 8 rooms by 4 double rooms XD

Nope I don't think it does. A double bedroom is pretty much a single bedroom big enough to fit a double bed in so that it is big enough for two people to sleep in it.
Original post by thesukh
Nope I don't think it does. A double bedroom is pretty much a single bedroom big enough to fit a double bed in so that it is big enough for two people to sleep in it.

yeah It was just the fact that they said double rooms not double bedrooms that threw me of guard a bit
Reply 14
I divided 800 by 3 :/ wish i had read the question more carefully
Has anyone got any other answers i just want to know how well i did?
Reply 16
Original post by mountainlion1

think we've all forgotten them by now
Reply 17
Original post by mountainlion1

There was a question asking what factors these two guys had to consider on opening their new shop or something and had to explain why? i think they already had one company but wanted to expand to card shop or food shop or something, what did you guys put for that? I put stuff like substitutability of factors of production and production laggs in producing food e/g crops etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending