The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 3 P3 GCSE 30th May 2012 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Okay good, yes I'm doing the old spec too. I'm studying the course via Distance Learning so I have taught all three units myself with the exception of 2 x 2 hour tutorials. Do you know any good revision sites besides GCSE Bitesize?

gcserevision101 is a really good site
Hopefully this revision video can help you all remember the life and death of a star.
Enjoy! :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WhyJ-Hx2hs
Reply 42
Original post by KarlTheOtaku
Hopefully this revision video can help you all remember the life and death of a star.
Enjoy! :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WhyJ-Hx2hs

The only way I managed to learn is like this, in school my teacher always gets annoyed 'cause I don't write notes, but to be honest they never help me, so why waste paper? anyways THANKK YOOUU :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Jigglypuff786
gcserevision101 is a really good site

I second that, I read through it a couple of times as stated before, I had no notes :^_^:
Reply 44
gcserevision101 is just a summary of the text book we have,
Original post by rainerised
Getrevising.co.uk and http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/physics are quite good websites for revision and of course the aqa website for past papers
http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/science/new/physics_materials.php?id=03&prev=03

:smile: good luck with revision

http://gcserevision101.wordpress.com/physics-p3/
this ones really good too...it was LITERALLY my teacher :wink:
good luck!
Reply 46
Yea basically im screwed unless someone has a link to the aqa gcse physics book online version, since i lost mine :frown:
Please can someone explain what the difference is between real and virtual images in mirrors?
Original post by brightbulb
Please can someone explain what the difference is between real and virtual images in mirrors?

Haha, I just googled that very same thing! From what I understand and from my notes:

Real images = formed when rays of light (from the same point on the object) cross, so they can be formed on a screen.
Virtual images = cannot be formed on a screen, they are just where rays of light appear to have come from.

Does this make any sense? I think I understand it. I've taken a picture from the AQA Nelson Thornes© textbook for you, it may help.
Reply 49

A virtual image will appear inside the mirror (Light doesn't go through the mirror so it's not real)

A real image will appear outside the mirror (So it's real lol :smile:)
Do we draw eay diagrams in pencil because it won't get scanned
Reply 51
Haha, I just googled that very same thing! From what I understand and from my notes:

Real images = formed when rays of light (from the same point on the object) cross, so they can be formed on a screen.
Virtual images = cannot be formed on a screen, they are just where rays of light appear to have come from.

Does this make any sense? I think I understand it. I've taken a picture from the AQA Nelson Thornes© textbook for you, it may help.

lol you couldn't take pictures of all pages in P3 textbook could you, just left my book at school...
(or if not all just, all the pages on lenses/mirrors?)

Thanks!
Reply 52
IS a longitudinal wave: A wave that vibrates in a given direction?
And is a Transverse wave: A wave that vibrates at a 90^ angle in a given direction (perpendicularly)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Revision-
lol you couldn't take pictures of all pages in P3 textbook could you, just left my book at school...
(or if not all just, all the pages on lenses/mirrors?)

Thanks!

I'm sorry I don't have the time, I'm busy with my own revision and other things I'm afraid. All the revision sites listed in this thread are as good as, if not better, than the textbook so I would advise you to use those for your revision.

Thanks that helped!! :smile:
Thanks that helped!! :smile:

You're welcome. :smile:
Reply 56
Ahhh! Less than 24 hours to go till the exam!
I'm still really confused on motors, and I cant remember all the rules for mirror and lens diagrams :s-smilie:
Original post by Tweak6
Ahhh! Less than 24 hours to go till the exam!
I'm still really confused on motors, and I cant remember all the rules for mirror and lens diagrams :s-smilie:

I've only just started to revise unit 3 today. Lesson learnt; never cram. It's doable but so stressful. I'm just working my way through the textbook and making notes, and then I'll probably complete 3 or 4 past papers later today. I agree, lenses are very confusing.
Reply 58
I have posted the Jan 2012 P2 and P3 papers HERE

Sorry for the large writing, but I have been getting loads of requests lately for these papers so I thought I'd just draw everyone's attention to this :tongue:

Good luck everyone! :biggrin:
do you have to draw in pencil

Quick Reply

Latest