The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Think yourselves lucky i just got a third!
Reply 101
TheLittleJ-Bird
It may well be. My boyfriend read it somewhere and told me as he thought it was interesting. I myself have not even started University, but will certainly be aiming for the highest grade possible. If it is a lie, i apologize for spreading un-truths.

I read in an article that employers will choose a 2.1 with a years experience (sandwhich course) rather than a 1st with no experience (those degrees that were also meant to be on a sandwhich course but did not succeed to find a placement). It could be that? Not too sure when its comparing the degrees with no experience. But I see where you're coming from.

When it comes to whittling down all the applications based on the CVs yes the 1st degree has the advantage on paper but you have still achieved the 2.1 employers ask for. Other factors such as personality and whether you would fit in with the group dynamics of a company are so so important.
TheLittleJ-Bird
It may well be. My boyfriend read it somewhere and told me as he thought it was interesting. I myself have not even started University, but will certainly be aiming for the highest grade possible. If it is a lie, i apologize for spreading un-truths.

As evidence against the claim your boyfriend read, this website points out that people with Firsts are very rarely unemployed.
Reply 103
jessypoo
Hi guys,
I've just recieved my 2.1 grade for my BA Business Studiess degree and I feel very disappointed :frown:
Really worked my hardest to try get a 1st. I only went out once every two weeks so I could do my studies! I got a 1st in 3 modules, a high 2.1 in a module and scraping a 2.2 in one bad module which plummeted my grade down averaging at 67.9.
I feel absolutely gutted, dont get me wrong I understand a 2.1 is a good grade, but I feel its something that is easily achieved nowadays. Even the 'dossers' on my course have managed to get a 2.1 (facebook bragging), well it seems like 80% of the course have a 2.1 or more and I feel I just have that standard grade. Am feeling pretty de-motivated now and put off doing a masters degree now! God I sound pathetic lol.

someone slap me

A 2:1 is fantastic. You should be proud of yourself!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending