The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .snowflake.
I did this higher education thingy at Lincoln uni a week back. The nice UEA lady had ran out of their prospectuses before I'd chance to pick one up, and UCL didnt go!

I got an up to date one and was a bit gutted they've put their entry requirements up for my course :frown: At ours they didn't have a couple, like Dundee weren't present and neither were a few in wales.
Original post by juliewho
I got an up to date one and was a bit gutted they've put their entry requirements up for my course :frown: At ours they didn't have a couple, like Dundee weren't present and neither were a few in wales.

UCL have put their offers up for my course as well. And their open day is the same day as the strike as well. If the tubes not running, I'm stuffed!
Original post by MissLightyear
Glad youre doing similar, makes me feel better about what I chose to do :wink:

Haha me too! Can I ask why you haven't picked cardiff? I love the look of it but not many people seen to have picked it. Oops looks like I just did :smile:
UCL have put their offers up for my course as well. And their open day is the same day as the strike as well. If the tubes not running, I'm stuffed!

Newcastle did also, so instead of a nice spread, I now have the choice of two AAB and two ABB.. & oh dear, I hope it is *fingers crossed* :tongue:
Original post by rosemary22
Haha me too! Can I ask why you haven't picked cardiff? I love the look of it but not many people seen to have picked it. Oops looks like I just did :smile:

Purely because I want to stay close to home tbh, although I may apply there yet as my cousins live nearby. I actually like the look of the uni :smile:
Original post by juliewho
Newcastle did also, so instead of a nice spread, I now have the choice of two AAB and two ABB.. & oh dear, I hope it is *fingers crossed* :tongue:

atm, I have four offers who are all ABB, and UCL who may offer me AAA or AAB or ABB. If they offer me ABB, I'll have to ask them for a lower offer than that, or for the AAB offer!
Oh cool. It's quite close to where I live. I feel that may with UEA, I like the look of it but it's so far away
(edited 12 years ago)
I feel a bit stupid after asking this question :wink: Just out of interest what are you thinking of as a career? I know a few people applying for Maths but they dont know career wise :smile:

Im applying for Physiotherapy at University of Liverpool, UCLan, Manchester Met, University of Salford and Sheffield Hallam. (unless more Unis decide to do the course)

why do you feel stupid? Erm I have no idea. There's quite a lot of careers I can go into so I'm just planning on seeing what type of maths I prefer and then go down that route.
Oh sounds like an interesting option. I did want to go down the something related to medical route but then realised that I hated biology :P
Am I the only person who wouldn't trust any of the potential medics in their year to operate on them?
Original post by like_a_star
why do you feel stupid? Erm I have no idea. There's quite a lot of careers I can go into so I'm just planning on seeing what type of maths I prefer and then go down that route.
Oh sounds like an interesting option. I did want to go down the something related to medical route but then realised that I hated biology :P

Everyones going into careers like medicine and chemistry or applying to Oxbridge and Warwick etc, just made me feel a bit thick :colondollar:

I can find biology a bit tedious at times but its mainly the cells and conservation. I really love all the anatomy and physiology in PE too so I know I'll love physio :smile:

Ive given up on Maths, I enjoy it but its so hard :tongue:
Everyones going into careers like medicine and chemistry or applying to Oxbridge and Warwick etc, just made me feel a bit thick :colondollar:

I can find biology a bit tedious at times but its mainly the cells and conservation. I really love all the anatomy and physiology in PE too so I know I'll love physio :smile:

Ive given up on Maths, I enjoy it but its so hard :tongue:

You shouldn't compare yourself to other. Who knows you might end up being famous and then all of us would feel how you feel now.

I love the anatomy and physiology parts aswell but there's so much other stuff in biology that I just wouldn't be able to do if I kept it on next year.

I love maths :biggrin: that might make me sound like a geek but I don't care! I'm glad that I'll be doing something that I enjoy rather than doing something for the job you might or might not get afterwards.

UCL offers haven't changed for mine... :/
Original post by like_a_star
You shouldn't compare yourself to other. Who knows you might end up being famous and then all of us would feel how you feel now.

I love the anatomy and physiology parts aswell but there's so much other stuff in biology that I just wouldn't be able to do if I kept it on next year.

I love maths :biggrin: that might make me sound like a geek but I don't care! I'm glad that I'll be doing something that I enjoy rather than doing something for the job you might or might not get afterwards.

Well, I can hope :wink:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm definitely starting revision earlier for Biology as it apparently gets so much harder. Just hope I start to enjoy it a bit more.

Nothing wrong with loving maths tbh! Youre right to do something you enjoy as well, much more likely to be motivated too :smile:
This might sound like a stupid question but I don't know much about the UCAS application. When you apply for your different universities do you have to apply for the exact same course at every university.
I still need to decide on my 5th choice... and whether I'm keeping my 4th. :/ Time to dig out all my prospectuses after exams! XD I feel really bad because I took this really thick prospectus from a uni I don't even remember anymore... the admissions officer there only had a few which he was hiding away, and I never looked at it since then. :P

So far, the offers for the three unis I'm definitely applying to are: A*AA-AAA, AAA, AAB. And the one I'm still deciding on: AAA-AAB.

Which looks pretty good to me. 2 high risks, 2 medium risk, right?

Original post by Beebumble
This might sound like a stupid question but I don't know much about the UCAS application. When you apply for your different universities do you have to apply for the exact same course at every university.

Not at all! However, if you apply for two wildly different subjects... chances are, your personal statement will be very divided and it will lower your chances of getting into any program. However, if they're closely related, you can go for it! I'm personally applying for Psychology, and Psychology & Philosophy. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by punctuation
I still need to decide on my 5th choice... and whether I'm keeping my 4th. :/ Time to dig out all my prospectuses after exams! XD I feel really bad because I took this really thick prospectus from a uni I don't even remember anymore... the admissions officer there only had a few which he was hiding away, and I never looked at it since then. :P

So far, the offers for the three unis I'm definitely applying to are: A*AA-AAA, AAA, AAB. And the one I'm still deciding on: AAA-AAB.

Which looks pretty good to me. 2 high risks, 2 medium risk, right?

Not at all! However, if you apply for two wildly different subjects... chances are, your personal statement will be very divided and it will lower your chances of getting into any program. However, if they're closely related, you can go for it! I'm personally applying for Psychology, and Psychology & Philosophy. :smile:
Ahh phew. :tongue: I was worried because I really wanted to do creative writing with English Language but some universities I liked the look of I could only apply with Creative Writing on its own.

I don't know why I'm stressing over all this so much I don't even know if I have a place on an access course yet. Ahh A levels wish I'd done them when I had the chance!:angry::colondollar:
Original post by Beebumble
Ahh phew. :tongue: I was worried because I really wanted to do creative writing with English Language but some universities I liked the look of I could only apply with Creative Writing on its own.

I don't know why I'm stressing over all this so much I don't even know if I have a place on an access course yet. Ahh A levels wish I'd done them when I had the chance!:angry::colondollar:

Oh yeah, that's completely fine. Don't worry. :biggrin:
Reply 417
Two of mine have changed their offers too, Glasgow and Nottingham, so that's messed up my range too :/
Reply 418

Me too, actually. Although if it's close to Euston, I could probably walk.
Hey, I'm trying to enter some ABRSM music grades onto my ucas application. Anyone know where I need to put it?

Latest