The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HilariousNinja
Jeez I've still got two weeks until I move in. Michael XYZ hope you have dat dere yellow fever in prep for LSE.
Bristol will probably have a bunch of rahs rejected by Oxbridge, so I don't know who's better off.

I do have yellow fever... but for hot asian girls. :wink:

Original post by CB5
lolll so true but seriously, all the hot girls go to the unis such as northumbria/leeds/manchester etc coz of the nightlife. At LSE you will maybe get the odd one but most will be the un-attractive asian type that wear massive rucksacks and bright white adidas trainers with their shoe laces tied in a bow.

Maybe but we'll see... my halls are pretty much free of international students though (no hate) due to the length of the contract.

---

Any medical guys here? Need SMed... anyway, I've been taking some tetracycline antibiotics and I wanna know the effects of them with alcohol. I'm not a big drinker or anything but freshers soon and all. I've been reading that it's not that bad on these types on antibiotics and can only really make it less effective which is okay just for a little while.

Kinda worried though. Should I just stop taking them for a week or so?
Original post by FluxD
Yes if you starved yourself, but why the hell would you want to?

Sound. Incase I want to start running again, but for now I cba and want to get stronger :smile:

Original post by fridgefreezergirl
what a crap username lol warwickorbristol

Ok.

Jeez I've still got two weeks until I move in. Michael XYZ hope you have dat dere yellow fever in prep for LSE.
Bristol will probably have a bunch of rahs rejected by Oxbridge, so I don't know who's better off.

You just gonna join the uni gym at bristol or is there a better alternative?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Michael XYZ
I do have yellow fever... but for hot asian girls. :wink:

Maybe but we'll see... my halls are pretty much free of international students though (no hate) due to the length of the contract.

---

Any medical guys here? Need SMed... anyway, I've been taking some tetracycline antibiotics and I wanna know the effects of them with alcohol. I'm not a big drinker or anything but freshers soon and all. I've been reading that it's not that bad on these types on antibiotics and can only really make it less effective which is okay just for a little while.

Kinda worried though. Should I just stop taking them for a week or so?

Nah, keep taking them, you should be okay to drink as well.
There are only a few antibiotics which will be affected by alcohol, tetracycline is not one of them.
Original post by warwickorbristol

You just gonna join the uni gym at bristol or is there a better alternative?

Almost certainly the uni gym, there's probably better but the uni gym/olympic lifting room is next to halls so it'd be alot more convenient.
Original post by FluxD
Nah, an even worse situation than that is when your flatmate has his bird over for the night.

Cant-do-anything-without-looking-like-a-third-wheel.com

I used to just go out and get pissed when my flatmate had his lass over to avoid the house entirely.

I always try find a way out of that situation for that very reason.
Almost certainly the uni gym, there's probably better but the uni gym/olympic lifting room is next to halls so it'd be alot more convenient.

Next to which halls?
Reply 986
still ain't applied for student finance :/, on the phone to them been on hold for 20 mins
Original post by Gallium
still ain't applied for student finance :/, on the phone to them been on hold for 20 mins

You have no idea of what pain and stress awaits you.
At some point I need to ring them to check if they received my letter about bank details.

Absolutely ridiculous they don't have a web site to update that kind of thing :s-smilie:
Original post by Gallium

Yep, it takes ages!

Was on the phone to them yesterday 'cause my friend was being a pussy and was scared to ask (lolwut? srs) about reapplying and ****.

Such a hassle too... I just wanted to ask a simple question and he's asking me a million details about my account. It was a general question as well...
Next to which halls?

Hiatt Baker. You a fresher too and if so where are you?
And am I the only one that thought Student finance was pretty simple?
Issue with Student Finance I have is that they are pretty slow and mixed views.

I needed to renew my passport as it had ran out. I called and they said that sending the old passport would be fine, so I did. Then they emailed me or sent a letter and said that it wasn't fine so I needed to renew passport which takes a while...

Then I called and they said that I just needed to fill in a letter with passport number etc. and not actually send it in. I did that, got a letter later on saying that I needed to send actual passport in...
Hiatt Baker. You a fresher too and if so where are you?
And am I the only one that thought Student finance was pretty simple?

Uni Hall at Stoke bishop, I'm guessing yours is at the other site? And you're maths too right? You gonna look at the knowledge test they sent it or not?

Yeah it was simple, my problem is that I needed to send my bank details off by post rather than just doing it online, all I did was input 2 numbers and an address.
Reply 993
Only had one problem with SF and that was the first payment in third year where they paid me like 2 weeks late after I had moved into my flat.

Had to ration my food or I would have starved lol.
Plus, they send me a letter just to sign to confirm everything. I've signed like 10 pieces of paper from them, why would I suddenly just opt out of SF? =/
Original post by Michael XYZ
Issue with Student Finance I have is that they are pretty slow and mixed views.

I needed to renew my passport as it had ran out. I called and they said that sending the old passport would be fine, so I did. Then they emailed me or sent a letter and said that it wasn't fine so I needed to renew passport which takes a while...

Then I called and they said that I just needed to fill in a letter with passport number etc. and not actually send it in. I did that, got a letter later on saying that I needed to send actual passport in...

It's a ridiculously complicated system which needs to be overhauled but I imagine it's complicated to some extent to prevent fraud.

I have to deal with them right now because I was a little late in applying, their email says they need to verify my parents income but my parents account says everything is fine and is awaiting a signature from head office lolwut
My problem with them is I never know if I've done/signed enough. For example I sent off the "sign and you will get your money" form last year but tthen I had to jump through some other hoop at uni to pay the fees. No idea if those fees have even been paid yet. They've been "approved".
Quick question:

Doing the coan deadlift routine which has speed sets after a heavy set, yet the 'speed sets' arent exactly 'speedy' as I'm knackered after the heavy set and the weight is relatively high. Shall I just suck it up and do the weight prescribed or lower the weight so the speed sets are actually done fast?
Uni Hall at Stoke bishop, I'm guessing yours is at the other site? And you're maths too right? You gonna look at the knowledge test they sent it or not?

Yeah it was simple, my problem is that I needed to send my bank details off by post rather than just doing it online, all I did was input 2 numbers and an address.

Ah righty, Hiatt Baker is at Stoke Bishop too. Yup maths too, I had a skim through it, some of it looked easy whilst other bits I don't even remember doing.
Reply 999
Original post by Megaloblastic
Quick question:

Doing the coan deadlift routine which has speed sets after a heavy set, yet the 'speed sets' arent exactly 'speedy' as I'm knackered after the heavy set and the weight is relatively high. Shall I just suck it up and do the weight prescribed or lower the weight so the speed sets are actually done fast?

suck it up? a know a ton of people who have done the routine and have said the exact same thing.