The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for Law with Criminology at Lancaster; desperate for an offer, but no luck yet :frown:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by rachel2910
I'm applying for Law with Criminology at Lancaster; desperate for an offer, but no luck yet :frown:

Good luck. My flatmate studies criminology and is a 1st year. If you have any questions about the course I could find stuff out for you.
Original post by k9markiii
Good luck. My flatmate studies criminology and is a 1st year. If you have any questions about the course I could find stuff out for you.

that would be brilliant, do they like it?
only waiting for lancaster and one other uni now, torture!
Original post by rachel2910
that would be brilliant, do they like it?
only waiting for lancaster and one other uni now, torture!

They seem to really enjoy it. They say there is a fair amount of reading to do so expect that but they find it interesting. An interesting thing about Lancaster is that in your first year you choose additional minors to fill your timetable, so you have a broader experience, my friend is also studying law alongside criminology and says that they work well together to give a fuller understanding.

Good luck with the final places.

P.S. Happy 2nd post.
Couple of questions....

When do you choose your minors?
When applying for accomodation do you have a first and second choice, and are you guaranteed to get into one of the two?
Original post by lampshade1
Couple of questions....

When do you choose your minors?
When applying for accomodation do you have a first and second choice, and are you guaranteed to get into one of the two?

You can choose in advance in September and it is formalised in fresher's week. You will put a first and second choice and they will try to match you with one of those. I haven't heard of anyone that is disappointed that they didn't get their first choice accommodation. I'm not sure whether it is guaranteed but all the colleges are nice so you shouldn't be worried about where you end up.

You can choose in advance in September and it is formalised in fresher's week. You will put a first and second choice and they will try to match you with one of those. I haven't heard of anyone that is disappointed that they didn't get their first choice accommodation. I'm not sure whether it is guaranteed but all the colleges are nice so you shouldn't be worried about where you end up.

Ahh okay, thank you :smile:
What college are you at if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by lampshade1
Ahh okay, thank you :smile:
What college are you at if you don't mind me asking?

Furness. It was my first choice. It's pretty central which is good.

Furness. It was my first choice. It's pretty central which is good.

Oo awesome! I'm looking at Furness and County at the moment :smile:
Original post by StitchMad
What AS grades did you get? What are you predicted? :biggrin: I've just taken a look at my January exam timetable today and I really need to crack on with the revision! :O

Ha, sounds good to me! :wink: I'm pretty sure I'll be firming Lancaster so I hope the grades follow in due course! Good luck to you too. :smile:

Eugh, well I got BBBC at AS but I was really disappointed as I was predicted AAAA haha - after resits etc though I'm hoping for AAA this year :smile: How about you?
I've already started my revision, totally makes me wanna die - it's such a step up from AS! :frown:
Reply 650
Original post by freshinmymind
Eugh, well I got BBBC at AS but I was really disappointed as I was predicted AAAA haha - after resits etc though I'm hoping for AAA this year :smile: How about you?
I've already started my revision, totally makes me wanna die - it's such a step up from AS! :frown:

Ooooo, well at least you have January to pull them up! I got AAABC for my AS and I'm resitting English Language and Sociology to make them higher A grades. The B was in Literature and the C was in Critical Thinking.. both of which I dropped so that's not too bad. I'm predicted A*AA this year, plus an A in the EPQ and a B in General Studies.

I kind of started revision in in a free today; looking through my Sociology folder whilst preparing for a mock exam. A2 is sooooo much more evaluative! :smile:
Reply 651
Applied for advertising & marketing :smile: waiting for the answer
Reply 652
Original post by geordiecoinman
Thanks but it'll be God and good luck that'll get me into Edinburgh. I've been looking at either Furness or Bowland now as Furness is on the cheaper end and incredibly close to the putside subjects I'm considering. Out of curiosity (noseynss) what outside subjects are you considering? I'm going for either Politics, German Philosophy or Sociology but a while to decided upon that!

And your AMAZING application! I can see myself going for Politics because I originally wanted to do Politics for one of my A-level choices however our school removed it from the options -.-'
Reply 653
Anyone else applied for Physics here? Got an interview in March, only problem is I live down near Portsmouth, so getting up there to stay for a few hours should be fun :s-smilie:
Reply 654
Original post by Frampoid
Anyone else applied for Physics here? Got an interview in March, only problem is I live down near Portsmouth, so getting up there to stay for a few hours should be fun :s-smilie:

Talk to k9markiii, he does Physics and lives all the way down in the south somewhere (all I know is that they make Greene King IPA there :biggrin:). He should be able to give you some advice/info!
Original post by Frampoid

I was at their interview day in December.
Reply 656
Hey Guys,
I applied for English Lit at Lancaster and I got an offer!!!!!!! :biggrin: Wondering if anyone else is going there to study English Lit?

xxx
'Nicole:
;35662343']And your AMAZING application! I can see myself going for Politics because I originally wanted to do Politics for one of my A-level choices however our school removed it from the options -.-'

Yeah I suppose sixth form colleges are good for any a-level ever invented but everything I thought I wanted was at my school (I orginally thought I'd do maths at uni then maths/history dual honours and now just history) and I highly doubt my application's that amazing the other four'd have replied by now if it was!
Reply 658
If its of any help to anyone, got an offer for computer science on the condition I score DDM in BTEC Nat. Business. On track for D*D*D* so that should be a doddle.
Reply 659
Original post by geordiecoinman
Yeah I suppose sixth form colleges are good for any a-level ever invented but everything I thought I wanted was at my school (I orginally thought I'd do maths at uni then maths/history dual honours and now just history) and I highly doubt my application's that amazing the other four'd have replied by now if it was!

Ohh, why did you change your mind? Have the other four started giving out offers? I think that some universities wait till after the 15th of January to give out offers... besides they haven't rejected you either!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending