The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shan129
ooo well done! thanks :smile: when was your interview?

It was way back in November and thanks:smile:
Reply 101
Original post by mummy2angelwings
It was way back in November and thanks:smile:

mine was in november too! the 16th i think! hopefully i'll hear soon :biggrin:
Anybody have an interview at Sheff Hallam next sat.... Mines at 1pm... Had 1 interview @ Southampton and I was unsuccessful, but I blame that on the mega tough math questions :smile: Sheffield is my 2nd choice xx
Original post by DSM_123
I'v got my interview tomorrow in Anglia Ruskin, can anyone tell me what type of questions they might ask me?

I had a nursing interview at Anglia Ruskin today too! :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by emmaxyz12

Original post by emmaxyz12
I've had an interview for Herts, it was on the 30th November and I found out 2 weeks before, it was like a week and a bit after I sent my ucas off, since then i've had nothing :\

Hi, how was the interview and tests? I have an interview at Herts on Weds for child nursing.
I've got Middlesex on Friday and March 2nd for Brighton, I've applied for Child Nursing. ANyone had either of these yet? Still waiting to hear from UEA, Canterbury and LSB!
Reply 106
Original post by daniroberts824
I've got Middlesex on Friday and March 2nd for Brighton, I've applied for Child Nursing. ANyone had either of these yet? Still waiting to hear from UEA, Canterbury and LSB!

Hi did you do maths and English test for middlesex uni? :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by daniroberts824
Hi! I did this yesterday, the Maths is pretty basic and you're allowed a calculator so you should be fine! Good luck!

Hi can you tell how was the English test,the essay bit please? thanks :smile:
Original post by Samanthaaaaa
I had a nursing interview at Anglia Ruskin today too! :smile:

Can any of you guys tell me what type of questions they ask? I've got an interview there on the 20th. Also, what's the maths test like? The one at Coventry nearly killed me. :wink:
Original post by Chickens_yeah
Can any of you guys tell me what type of questions they ask? I've got an interview there on the 20th. Also, what's the maths test like? The one at Coventry nearly killed me. :wink:

It's seriously fine, I was panicking about the maths test but as long as you know your decimals and percentages you'll be fine!
They asked all the usual questions like why do you want to be a nurse? etc...
The interview was really relaxed and everyone was really nice xx
Original post by KingGoonIan
Was a lot of fun and I felt sad the day didn't last longer.

Small presentation (compared to Surrey where we had 50 odd people, Northumbria only had about 12 of us). Then we had a written exercise which lasted 10 minutes and no Maths test.

Then we got put into groups of 3 were sent off for a chat and a coffee in our groups to get to know each other then we went back for a group interview where we brought up current health issues of our own and I dug myself a bit of a hole :/ but oh well. Then after that back for 1 to 1 interviews then off back home.

Thank-you!! Have you heard back from Northumbria yet???
Original post by ChelseaY04
Thank-you!! Have you heard back from Northumbria yet???

Yeah they asked me for a second reference and my referee sent them the reference last Monday and am waiting on them.

Have you heard anything?
Fingers crossed!! just got three interviews, Edge Hill, Liverpool John Moore and Northumbria!! I am having a right pickle with Edge Hill, they gave me an interview last tuesday, then emailed me half an hour ago giving me the details of what I need to bring and then it said on the end of the email - 'Please send our admissions team one week prior to the interview a second reference'. My interview is ONE WEEK TODAY!! so they have left it a bit short notice to send me a email!! rgh stressing out!!
Original post by Huni
Hi can you tell how was the English test,the essay bit please? thanks :smile:

Hi! They gave out different papers depending on what you were applying for, and then some texts that you had to read and answer multiple choice questions on, then you had a choice of essay questions and had to pick one to write a short essay on. They give you the criteria though on what they're looking for so stick to that and you should be fine! Good Luck! xx
Original post by Huni
Hi did you do maths and English test for middlesex uni? :smile:

Yep I did, the Maths wasn't particularly easy but doable - you're allowed a calculator, TheEnglish was some multiple choice questions and then a short essay from a choice of questions xx
good luck with all of your interviews! ive got my interview for Cardiff this wedneday after passing the assessment day already so very nervous!

i've had two offers from Plymouth and Brighton so very excited... anyone else applying there?

xxx
Reply 116
Original post by SashaVisconti
good luck with all of your interviews! ive got my interview for Cardiff this wedneday after passing the assessment day already so very nervous!

i've had two offers from Plymouth and Brighton so very excited... anyone else applying there?

xxx

is your offer from Plymouth for adult nursing? x
Original post by SashaVisconti

xxx

Well done and good luck! How was your assessment day at Cardiff? I have mine tomorrow and although i've done some maths revision I am so nervous!

I'm applying for Plymouth as well and I've got my interview this Thursday. If you don't mind me asking what sort of questions did they ask you?
yes it is :smile: x
its really not hard at all the assessment for cardiff is honetly easy! :smile: and i really struggled with the Plymouth interview found it really hard and was suprised to be offered a place but it wa like to do with the news etc and roles of nurses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending