The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hello :smile:
I have an interview for Glasgow next week and was wondering has anyone been to one and could help me with what sort of questions they asked ?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 181
hey

I had an interview in Napier in November, it was a day long and varied from writing essays to group interviews, has your interview invitation detailed what type of interivew it will be?
Reply 182
Original post by BeccaAnne94
I haven't had it yet, I ended up rearranging the date twice because they wanted me in on the 15th when I have a visit day for another uni so now I have mine on the 29th :smile:.

Try to keep calm, I'm sure you'll do well :smile:.

Good luck!

ah right, thank you :smile: good luck to you too! x
Reply 183
Original post by sarah.k
hey

I had an interview in Napier in November, it was a day long and varied from writing essays to group interviews, has your interview invitation detailed what type of interivew it will be?

Yeah, its you and 2 interviewers... Just really want to know what sort of questions they ask. Really nervous, its my first and have no idea what to expect!
Got an offer from Sheffield Hallam for adult nursing, it was my 2nd choice but I got a rejection from my 1st choice so I'm pretty chuffed! :-)
Reply 185
I've got an offer for Greenwich :smile: was my first choice so I'm very happy x
Reply 186
hi, im just wanting some help about questions that might be asked in my interviews :smile:

ive got interviews for, huddersfield, leeds and sheffield hallam

was just wondering if anybody has already had them for these uni's, for help on questions? :smile:

thanks
Reply 187
Original post by Pink84

Hi Congrats, did u go for an interview? And what branch?

I applied to Greenwich and I was unsuccessfu I wasn't even invited for a interview
I av asked for a feed back... Wasn't my 1st choice( adult)

Hopeful with the Oda 4 unis

Tank u
Reply 188
Original post by Ideeva
Hi Congrats, did u go for an interview? And what branch?

I applied to Greenwich and I was unsuccessfu I wasn't even invited for a interview
I av asked for a feed back... Wasn't my 1st choice( adult)

Hopeful with the Oda 4 unis

Tank u

Adult branch, I had selection tests and then an interview :smile: Good Luck with your other choices! x
Reply 189
Original post by Pink84
Adult branch, I had selection tests and then an interview :smile: Good Luck with your other choices! x

Ok tanx
Reply 190
Original post by Bro_Bro
Hey Everyone :smile:
New to the thread...
Have applied to Uni of Liverpool (Adults), Glasgow(Adults), Southampton(Children and Adults), Cardiff (Children), Nottingham (Children), and Leeds (Children)
Got through to the maths and English assessments at Cardiff, got an interview for Glasgow on the 21st Feb (my birthday :frown:) and got rejected from Leeds.
Anyone else heard from these places ??

And case you are wondering how I have 6, I am currently studying at Uni of Liverpool so could apply there without going through UCAS :smile:

Heya, I had a interview for Southampton on the 4th of Janurary (adult and child)
They told us that there are only 10 places for the course. I heard back within a few days- i got an unsucesful. At my UEA interview the other day there were loads of girls who got unsucessfuls from southampton. Southampton is very competitive and the maths and english tests are much harder than other unis. They also do group interviews so you can't really show who you are. For all the different branches of nursing places in total, they had over 2,000 applications. ek.
Original post by Pink84

Congrats on getting a place a greenwich. :smile: what course are you doing and is the university nice?
Reply 192
Original post by Quiet:)
Congrats on getting a place a greenwich. :smile: what course are you doing and is the university nice?

Thanks!! Im doing Adult nursing and I LOVED the uni etc, the people were so lovely and I got a really good feel for the place when I was there :smile: x
Reply 193
Original post by becca127
Heya, I had a interview for Southampton on the 4th of Janurary (adult and child)
They told us that there are only 10 places for the course. I heard back within a few days- i got an unsucesful. At my UEA interview the other day there were loads of girls who got unsucessfuls from southampton. Southampton is very competitive and the maths and english tests are much harder than other unis. They also do group interviews so you can't really show who you are. For all the different branches of nursing places in total, they had over 2,000 applications. ek.

Omg, well doubt there is a hope of me getting in :frown: Will be so gutted, its my first choice!!! What sort of level were the tests, like what sort of questions? And for the group interview what did you get asked? :smile: Would be so grateful if you could help me :biggrin:
How did your UEA interview go? :smile: At least you are getting some, I have only had one invitation :frown: I'm hoping that is just because I put my application in close to the closing date :s-smilie: fingers crossed!!
Original post by Bro_Bro
OK, thank you :smile: I just want all this to be over with and to know where I have got in and stuff, the waiting and preparation is the worse ! Where else did you apply for and how have you got on with them? Is Liverpool your first choice?
xx

Yeah I know what you mean! I applied to Manchester, UEA, Nottingham, Liverpool and York. I have an offer from Manchester (3rd choice) and Liverpool (1st choice), I got rejected from York before interview (2nd choice :frown: ) and I have interviews with UEA and Nottingham but I'm gonna withdraw from those 2 cause I'm gonna firm Liverpool and insure Manchester so there is no point in me taking up those 2 interview slots when someone else who really wants to go could have them :smile:

How about you? When are your interviews?
xx
Reply 195
Original post by joeyloeykins
Yeah I know what you mean! I applied to Manchester, UEA, Nottingham, Liverpool and York. I have an offer from Manchester (3rd choice) and Liverpool (1st choice), I got rejected from York before interview (2nd choice :frown: ) and I have interviews with UEA and Nottingham but I'm gonna withdraw from those 2 cause I'm gonna firm Liverpool and insure Manchester so there is no point in me taking up those 2 interview slots when someone else who really wants to go could have them :smile:

How about you? When are your interviews?
xx

Aww well at least you have 2, and you got your first!! :biggrin: Congrats!! I have applied to Cardiff (invited for assessments tests-2nd choice), Leeds (rejected), Glasgow(interview next week- 4th choice), Nottingham (nothing yet- last choice- maybe I will get your spot :biggrin:) and Southampton (nothing) !
Haven't got much really :s-smilie: Though only 1 rejection so I am hoping no news is good news?? hahaha!
Are you applying for adults yeah? I am studying in Liverpool atm, it is AMAZING :biggrin: definitely put as your firm!! Such a good student city!! :biggrin: And apply to live at Carnatic halls, good banter :smile:

xx
Original post by Pink84
Thanks!! Im doing Adult nursing and I LOVED the uni etc, the people were so lovely and I got a really good feel for the place when I was there :smile: x

That's good :smile: i've got an interview there in march and my parents are telling me it's too far and the travel will be too complicated. How did you find the travel? They said I should wait for the other interview and see if I get in and then go to the other one but I don't know what to do. I'm applying for mental health. How did you find the tests? :smile:
Original post by Ideeva
Hiya
Please how did your interview go at LsBU
Tank u

Hia sorry I've not been on! Yeah it was really good the english and maths tests were really easy and the individual interview was really relaxed and friendly..do you have a interview?
Reply 198
Hi!

I have been offered an interview for child nursing at Anglia Ruskin. Has anyone been for interview there that could give me some tips on questions and group discussion topics??

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 199
Original post by jade.rostron
Hia sorry I've not been on! Yeah it was really good the english and maths tests were really easy and the individual interview was really relaxed and friendly..do you have a interview?

Hiya
Still waiting for them to get back to me......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending