The Student Room Group

RADIOGRAPHY: Interview via telephone/Skype?

Hi everyone,

Hoping to return from Australia next year to study Diagnostic Radiography. I'm concerned that the fact I'm living currently living abroad will create problems during the application process. Does anyone know which, if any, universities may be willing to conduct interviews via telephone/Skype?

Thanks,

Conor
Reply 1
Original post by conor2112
Hi everyone,

Hoping to return from Australia next year to study Diagnostic Radiography. I'm concerned that the fact I'm living currently living abroad will create problems during the application process. Does anyone know which, if any, universities may be willing to conduct interviews via telephone/Skype?

Thanks,

Conor

Hey :smile:
I have applied for radiotherapy this year, felt the need to comment.
erm my advice would be to contact the universities your applying to directly call them and speak to the lecturers and ask them what you should do about interviews and whatever else because your interviews will most probably be all diffrent dates anyway so it's a lot of time money and effort to keep flying back and forth. they may be willing to either change the dates of your interview for them all be within a simlar time scale to come over or as you say possibly could skype you :smile:!
best thing to do is contact directly in my opinion
best of luck x
Reply 2
Original post by Hannah'x
Hey :smile:
I have applied for radiotherapy this year, felt the need to comment.
erm my advice would be to contact the universities your applying to directly call them and speak to the lecturers and ask them what you should do about interviews and whatever else because your interviews will most probably be all diffrent dates anyway so it's a lot of time money and effort to keep flying back and forth. they may be willing to either change the dates of your interview for them all be within a simlar time scale to come over or as you say possibly could skype you :smile:!
best thing to do is contact directly in my opinion
best of luck x

Cheers for the advice.

I can't really afford to come back from Australia until Aug/Sept 2013, I need to save as much money as possible before heading back to uni for 3 years! I'll probably just do as you say and contact whatever universities I've got in mind.
Hey,

I understand that what I'm about to copy and paste for you is for the University of Oxford and they don't even do Radiography as a course, but it just shows that if one university think this way then theres a great chance others do too!

Students from other regions of the World
i. Visa nationals
If you are a student holding a passport from a country outside the European Economic Area and you are a visa national (someone who requires a visitor visa before travelling to the UK) we anticipate there will be insufficient time for you to obtain a visitor visa to come to Oxford. This is because there is only a short time frame between shortlisting in November and the interview period in Oxford in December. If you cannot attend the interview in Oxford, the college which is considering your application may choose to interview you by telephone, video conference or over the internet through Skype, but such an interview cannot be guaranteed.

ii. Non visa nationals
If you are a student holding a passport from outside the European Economic Area and you are a non-visa national, which is someone from a country not on the list of visa nationals , then you can ask to be given permission to enter as a visitor on arrival in the UK. You would need to show you have the finances to support yourself during your stay and produce the letter inviting you to interview when you arrive in the UK. We would recommend that students in this situation do try to attend an interview in Oxford in December if shortlisted. However, we understand that students from other parts of the world may not be able to travel at short notice. In this case the college which is considering your application may choose to interview you by telephone, video conference or over the internet through Skype, but such an interview cannot be guaranteed.

:smile: I would just advise you to check the section of the universities website for international students and if you cannot find out the information there give the specific uni's a phone call and ask them directly!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jodiedoodles
Hey,

I understand that what I'm about to copy and paste for you is for the University of Oxford and they don't even do Radiography as a course, but it just shows that if one university think this way then theres a great chance others do too!

Students from other regions of the World
i. Visa nationals
If you are a student holding a passport from a country outside the European Economic Area and you are a visa national (someone who requires a visitor visa before travelling to the UK) we anticipate there will be insufficient time for you to obtain a visitor visa to come to Oxford. This is because there is only a short time frame between shortlisting in November and the interview period in Oxford in December. If you cannot attend the interview in Oxford, the college which is considering your application may choose to interview you by telephone, video conference or over the internet through Skype, but such an interview cannot be guaranteed.

ii. Non visa nationals
If you are a student holding a passport from outside the European Economic Area and you are a non-visa national, which is someone from a country not on the list of visa nationals , then you can ask to be given permission to enter as a visitor on arrival in the UK. You would need to show you have the finances to support yourself during your stay and produce the letter inviting you to interview when you arrive in the UK. We would recommend that students in this situation do try to attend an interview in Oxford in December if shortlisted. However, we understand that students from other parts of the world may not be able to travel at short notice. In this case the college which is considering your application may choose to interview you by telephone, video conference or over the internet through Skype, but such an interview cannot be guaranteed.

:smile: I would just advise you to check the section of the universities website for international students and if you cannot find out the information there give the specific uni's a phone call and ask them directly!

Good luck :smile:

OK thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply