The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by internet tough guy
I'm getting tired of this line, in which era do you think he would've won a GS?

Probably in the days of William Renshaw, when tennis was essentially badminton with a tennis racquet.
Original post by Zhy
Probably in the days of William Renshaw, when tennis was essentially badminton with a tennis racquet.

hahah, EPIC!
Original post by Zhy

:rofl:
Superb performance from Djokovic, felt like Murray was hanging on for the whole match and he really cracked in the tiebreaker with that DF after getting the first mini break back. There was some outstanding hitting from both of them in the match but Djokovic plays the big points with so much authority now.
Reply 2884
I'm getting tired of this line, in which era do you think he would've won a GS?

Original post by Lamps08
Same old excuses

Yeah... btw I don't even like Murray, so don't jump to conclusions.

I don't think Murray would have won a GS in any other era, but he is in a generation with outrageous talent. Federer and Nadal are two of thh GOATs and Djokovic is one in the making.
I know some of you go on menstennisforum.com

but is it just me, or does anyone else get redirected to another website (asterpix.com) when they click on a thread?
I know some of you go on menstennisforum.com

but is it just me, or does anyone else get redirected to another website (asterpix.com) when they click on a thread?

I got it earlier on my iPod, but my computer isn't doing it.
Original post by JaggySnake95
I got it earlier on my iPod, but my computer isn't doing it.

so its just happening to your ipod, and your computer is fine?

I'm pretty sure my computer is fine, I've even tried using my other web browsers. I googled to see if anyone else had this problem, and there was a thread on tennisforum.com discussing it, but I clicked on it and it redirected me again :facepalm:, weird **** here
Original post by Xotol
Yeah... btw I don't even like Murray, so don't jump to conclusions.

I don't think Murray would have won a GS in any other era, but he is in a generation with outrageous talent. Federer and Nadal are two of thh GOATs and Djokovic is one in the making.

It's not really any different from any other era. They've all pretty much had multiple greats. You had Agassi and Sampras, before them you had Wilander, Becker, Lendl and Edberg and before them you had Borg, McEnroe and Connors and before them you had Laver, Emerson, Rosewall and Newcombe. Probably the only time in the last 40 years that men's tennis lacked a true great was the early 2000s but besides that you've had two or three greats competing at their best at the same time. It's no different now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Early 2000s was too competitive anyway, with players like Roddick, Hewitt, Ivanisevic and Safin (and Fed just starting out), though Murray might have been able to sneak one.

Playing tennis myself later with some of my old County youth squad to warm-up for the Summer season at Uni.
Original post by TheMagicRat
It's not really any different from any other era. They've all pretty much had multiple greats. You had Agassi and Sampras, before them you had Wilander, Becker, Lendl and Edberg and before them you had Borg, McEnroe and Connors and before them you had Laver, Emerson, Rosewall and Newcombe. Probably the only time in the last 40 years that men's tennis lacked a true great was the early 2000s but besides that you've had two or three greats competing at their best at the same time. It's no different now.

I'd pretty much agree with that. I think where Murray has been unlucky is that he hasn't been given an easy match in the final as of yet. Federer had Philippoussis in his 1st slam, Nadal had Puerta and Djokovic had Tsonga. Now these are all good players, but none of them can be considered 'greats' of the game. Whereas Murray had Federer in two and then Djokovic in the other. That's pretty bad luck.

Also, I think the only thing that is hurting Andy at the moment is his attitude. I mean, he certainly doesn't have it easy with the intense media expectation, but I can't help but have the feeling that if I was as good at tennis as Andy Murray I would probably have won a Grand Slam by now. To put it straight, all Andy Murray needs to do is man the **** up. We began to see what Andy Murray is capable of at the Australian Open this year. That was the 1st time we've really seen him act like a man.
Reply 2891
Andy Murrya will be victorious at Wimbledon this year. I can feel it. I can feel the haggis flowing through my veins.

COME OONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has already begun his preparations for the Roland of the Garros. He is shown here practicing on the clay courts of Monte Carlo.

(edited 12 years ago)
Pah, Wimbledon is Federer's again this year.
Reply 2893
On-topic: Where can I buy this perfume? Is it still available? I want to be sexi like Rogi when I am playing my matches.

Reply 2894
Original post by Rakas21
Pah, Wimbledon is Federer's again this year.

Hopefully!!!!
Reply 2895
Original post by Zhy
On-topic: Where can I buy this perfume? Is it still available? I want to be sexi like Rogi when I am playing my matches.

Tennis session went surprisingly well earlier considering I've not picked up my racket for two years.

Movement and returns were OK though I do need to work on serving before tourny starts in two weeks.
anyone rate our chances in davis cup this weekend against belgium. dan evans and josh goodall in singles and hutchins/fleming in doubles
Meh, two nobodys.
Reply 2899
Great Britain have no chance at winning this tie. Not without the help of their star player, James Ward.

Latest