The Student Room Group

Karen matthews!!

so karen matthews is out of prison after serving 4 years for the fake kidnapping of her daughter and conning the government out of thousands, maybe even a few million of pounds... FOUR YEARS!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
what is this country coming to?
so you get about 6-8 years for claiming that you aren't working when you are and you will probably get a few grand and have to pay EVERY PENNY back
but if you fake a kidnapping and be a very bad parent you get thousands of pounds and you don't need to pay a penny back, only to serve FOUR YEARS!!
WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT?
this country is no longer right and need to sort itself out
that woman is sick and doesn't deserve to see daylight again!! :mad::mad:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've never heard of anyone being imprisoned for 6-8 years for benefits fraud.
Reply 2
Nobody in their right mind will give her a job now though. Unless she gets plastic surgery and a new name.

May as well give her a new brain while we're at it.
Reply 3
Original post by Clip
I've never heard of anyone being imprisoned for 6-8 years for benefits fraud.

someone in my area has been recently convicted for that long
it has probably got something else to do with it too, I'm not too sure
but the point is, is that sick SOAB shouldn't have only got 4 years, she should be locked up and never allowed out again..
+the cost of police protection, monitoring of her movements and housing for the rest of her life. :fyi:

She wants to go on Jeremy Kyle to have a lie detector test. :teehee: You've already been convicted, love. :pierre:
Reply 5
Of course she's not going to get a job, she's going to be on state handouts for the rest of her life probably
Reply 6
Original post by whyumadtho
+the cost of police protection, monitoring of her movements and housing for the rest of her life. :fyi:

She wants to go on Jeremy Kyle to have a lie detector test. :teehee: You've already been convicted, love. :pierre:

Really? I'd love to see that, best episode ever :colone:
Reply 7
Original post by MelissaBabe
so karen matthews is out of prison after serving 4 years for the fake kidnapping of her daughter and conning the government out of thousands, maybe even a few million of pounds... FOUR YEARS!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
what is this country coming to?
so you get about 6-8 years for claiming that you aren't working when you are and you will probably get a few grand and have to pay EVERY PENNY back
but if you fake a kidnapping and be a very bad parent you get thousands of pounds and you don't need to pay a penny back, only to serve FOUR YEARS!!
WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT?
this country is no longer right and need to sort itself out
that woman is sick and doesn't deserve to see daylight again!! :mad::mad:

quite cruel letting her out actually, practically feeding her to the sharks (media)

She's lost all that money, her assets were all frozen and she'll have restrictions placed on her access to bank accounts etc., lost custody of her daughter, and will never get a job that requires a CRB check again, probably not any job without a new identity.

I think she's probably been punished enough. The idea of the justice system is not to screw people over for life.

The position on benefit fraud is political posturing and pandering to Daily Mail sensationalism over the issue. I'd say the punishment is too harsh, and really undermines the intention which is to prevent people using benefit fraud rather than making a living by legal means (after all, post-prison spell they're not going to get a job easily)
Reply 8
WHAT!!!!! :confused:

I have heard it all now!!
WELL I WOULD NOT MISS THAT EPISODE TO SEE HIM RIP INTO HER!!

what is her logic of this? I'm sorry, I just don't completely understand!!
what is she going to gain only to be publicly humiliated by JK!
The person who must not be forgotten in all this is her daughter and any of her friends.
Reply 10
Original post by fuzznbass
Of course she's not going to get a job, she's going to be on state handouts for the rest of her life probably

weren't she already?
i read the book on what happened and i recall it saying that karen had never worked, YAY even more SICK PEOPLE i will have to be paying my taxes for!!

why should I or anyone else have to help her to live!!
i'm sorry, some people may find me harsh but i don't see why she should be living off mine and other peoples money after what she has done!
WHAT!!!!! :confused:

I have heard it all now!!
WELL I WOULD NOT MISS THAT EPISODE TO SEE HIM RIP INTO HER!!

what is her logic of this? I'm sorry, I just don't completely understand!!
what is she going to gain only to be publicly humiliated by JK!
The worst thing is that she underwent a full makeover whilst in prison to protect her identity and now wants to show her face on Jeremy Kyle. :dunce:
Four years sounds about right to me.
Reply 13
Original post by barnetlad
The person who must not be forgotten in all this is her daughter and any of her friends.

her friends!!!
her friends tried to help her and she sat there laughing at them all trying to find her 'missing daughter'
she didn't care about anyone but herself

and shannon, bless her little heart, that girl never had any love from her mother
i just hope that her REAL father still sees her and gives her the love she is in need off.. the poor girl..
weren't she already?
i read the book on what happened and i recall it saying that karen had never worked, YAY even more SICK PEOPLE i will have to be paying my taxes for!!

why should I or anyone else have to help her to live!!
i'm sorry, some people may find me harsh but i don't see why she should be living off mine and other peoples money after what she has done!

Yeah I agree, It would sickening if however she decided to write a book or talk to a mag about it all
Reply 15
:eek: OMG she's out already!
Reply 16
Original post by fuzznbass
Yeah I agree, It would sickening if however she decided to write a book or talk to a mag about it all

A VERY GOOD IDEA
the book could be called
'101 ways to not look after your children'

i just don't see how you could give birth to about 7 children (or something like that)

and just not give a damn about a single one of them?
she didn't have a maternal bone in her body!!
Reply 17
Stupid bint.
A VERY GOOD IDEA
the book could be called
'101 ways to not look after your children'

i just don't see how you could give birth to about 7 children (or something like that)

and just not give a damn about a single one of them?
she didn't have a maternal bone in her body!!

Those kids are better off with out her, hopefully they will have better lives. Terrible thing is that there are lots of others like her out there
Original post by Benniboi1
Nobody in their right mind will give her a job now though. Unless she gets plastic surgery and a new name.

May as well give her a new brain while we're at it.

Tbh if this wasn't mentioned on the news just now, i wouldn't even recognise her. Its not like her face or name is distinct or anything, just your average chav, I pass by dozens of them every week.

Quick Reply

Latest