The Student Room Group

IB Maths HL 2012

Hello, 2012 Maths HL sitters! Paper 1 in 2 days! What topics do you think will appear in Section B? Most probably Complex numbers and vectors?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Time is running out :s-smilie: hmm they usually put in a vectors question, and some calc... So make sure you know your more advanced calculus! I hope there isn't a horrible calc applications problem!
Reply 2
Almost always a vectors question so revise the hell out of that!
Reply 3
Original post by Angustevo
Time is running out :s-smilie: hmm they usually put in a vectors question, and some calc... So make sure you know your more advanced calculus! I hope there isn't a horrible calc applications problem!

Yup, something with differential equations probably..
I'm worried if there'll be something really complicated to prove by induction :s

How are your revisions going?
Reply 4
Original post by helloman94
Almost always a vectors question so revise the hell out of that!

You think it's possible to revise vectors in like an hour? I'm still far behind in my studying! Need to revise discrete prob, induction, vectors, and some more prob and integration :s
Reply 5
Original post by sassyboy
oh dear its all graphs and complex number today..

have you done the exam already? please reply asap
Reply 6
Original post by ñajñaj
have you done the exam already? please reply asap

I've done paper 1.
Reply 7
Done paper 1 TZ2...................... I want to discuss ffs -.-
Reply 8
Original post by Hyaline
Done paper 1 TZ2...................... I want to discuss ffs -.-

I did the same paper too.
I'm afraid no discussion means no discussion. Not even how hard or easy it was. It's all detailed in the announcement: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=10&a=629
Reply 10
Guys lets try and get a consolidated list of answers now that 24 hours has passed xD. I remember a few of my answers- I'm quite neurotic.......

So I'll start of with Q3 which was the probability one I got the tree diagram for a) for b) I think it was was like 16/35 (not sure I might have put something else) and for part c) I put 1/4.
Reply 11
Just did P2 btw ^^.
Reply 12
Q2 I got 15 and 165 in radians.......... What did it mean by conjugate form :P.
Original post by Hyaline
Q2 I got 15 and 165 in radians.......... What did it mean by conjugate form :P.

lol i think you mean degrees
Reply 14
the last part of the second last question in Section B, who still remember it, it's so shiiiiiiiiiittttt
Reply 15
15 is correct but the other angle is 75!! You had to minus 30 from 180 first before dividing by 2! coz it was sin 2x = 1/2 so u had to take the inverse and state the 2 possible values pi/6(30) and 5pi/6(150)! Then divide by 2!
Reply 16
oh the xy=6 x^2-y^2=5 ??
Reply 17
I got the proof by induction question right. It was easy tbh......... I found question 12 Part B impossible :s-smilie:.

Ah **** xD, I just misused from 180 ^^.

The implicit differentiation question, anyone get the whole thing? I got the first two bits but I didn't manage to simplify the (cos) part :P to what they wanted.
Reply 18
Original post by Hyaline
I got the proof by induction question right. It was easy tbh......... I found question 12 Part B impossible :s-smilie:.

Ah **** xD, I just misused from 180 ^^.

The implicit differentiation question, anyone get the whole thing? I got the first two bits but I didn't manage to simplify the (cos) part :P to what they wanted.

Yeah I got the implicit thing! you just had to look at the original equation and see that you had to multiply something to get it back and then factor it out and hence shown :smile:! induction was very similar to nov 2011, and yeah it was easy..trig showing was as well! Did you do the w graph question?
Reply 19
the one u have to transfer to e^(iθ) form, anyone have ideas ????

Quick Reply

Latest