The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
Original post by Bernaaaaaaaa
Oh great :smile: I think it's £60 and you need accommodation too.

Yeah, I know. £55 if you send a cheque by post though, and that includes a pitch for your tent or a space in the big tent. I did put in my request for the time off when there would still have been time to get the early bird though :sad:
Original post by Aula
Yeah, I know. £55 if you send a cheque by post though, and that includes a pitch for your tent or a space in the big tent. I did put in my request for the time off when there would still have been time to get the early bird though :sad:

Oh right! Didn't realise it was a bit cheaper :smile: I've never camped and don't really want to! Hahahahaha...
IMG_4818.jpg

Hey everyone! I posted this in the X Soc but for those of you who are not part of that thread: here is a picture of me graduating from Oxford University yesterday! I wanted to share it with you guys because you have been so supportive and wonderful with your promises of prayers, etc. I really appreciate all that you guys have done for me.

The red rose in my hair is in honour of St Therese of Lisieux. I got told off for wearing it but was very proud to have it prominently on display :cool:
Reply 4163
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
IMG_4818.jpg

Hey everyone! I posted this in the X Soc but for those of you who are not part of that thread: here is a picture of me graduating from Oxford University yesterday! I wanted to share it with you guys because you have been so supportive and wonderful with your promises of prayers, etc. I really appreciate all that you guys have done for me.

The red rose in my hair is in honour of St Therese of Lisieux. I got told off for wearing it but was very proud to have it prominently on display :cool:

:woo: Congratulations! You look lovely, can't believe they got their knickers in a twist about a flower!:rolleyes:
Original post by rac1
:woo: Congratulations! You look lovely, can't believe they got their knickers in a twist about a flower!:rolleyes:

Thank you! The telling off was right before my final bow to the Vice Chancellor as well! Bit late in the day to start telling me off then, lol :biggrin:

How are you doing? :h:
IMG_4818.jpg

Thumbs up for wearing a Rosary :smile:
Original post by Jhyzone
Thumbs up for wearing a Rosary :smile:

Thank you! The silver bracelet around my wrist is also a rosary, from Fatima. The brown rosary around my neck is from San Marco's Basilica in Venice :smile:
Thank you! The silver bracelet around my wrist is also a rosary, from Fatima. The brown rosary around my neck is from San Marco's Basilica in Venice :smile:

Though remember not to wear a Rosary as a 'fashion' item. It is a sacred object and must be kept in the pocket so to say to keep 'praying with Mary' throughout the day :smile:
Original post by Jhyzone
Though remember not to wear a Rosary as a 'fashion' item. It is a sacred object and must be kept in the pocket so to say to keep 'praying with Mary' throughout the day :smile:

Of course :yes:
Does anyone here do religious or philosophical-based subjects?

Not me, I'm afraid :nah:

I know someone who study Philosophy at St Mary's, Twickenham, first year. He's not on TSR though. He's so passionate about Philosophy and Ethics he got 100% on all his modules for his A levels :O
Original post by Jhyzone
I know someone who study Philosophy at St Mary's, Twickenham, first year. He's not on TSR though. He's so passionate about Philosophy and Ethics he got 100% on all his modules for his A levels :O

Not me, I'm afraid :nah:

Oh just wondered... I'm going to St. Mary's, Twickenham (hopefully) in September and doing Theology (but it's more Religious Studies) at A-Level now.

Getting 100% on the modules is extremely hard and says something about enthusiasm and dedication! :biggrin:
Oh just wondered... I'm going to St. Mary's, Twickenham (hopefully) in September and doing Theology (but it's more Religious Studies) at A-Level now.

Getting 100% on the modules is extremely hard and says something about enthusiasm and dedication! :biggrin:

Will def pray that you make your grades! It's meant to be a lovely campus and I'm sure it's an all-round lovely place too. My ex-tutor's husband is one of the Theology tutors there :ninja:

I'm doing RS A-Level with AQA, we're focussing on the ontological argument, the problem of evil and life, death and beyond if that helps :biggrin:
Will def pray that you make your grades! It's meant to be a lovely campus and I'm sure it's an all-round lovely place too. My ex-tutor's husband is one of the Theology tutors there :ninja:

Oh wow! Thanks :biggrin: Yeh, I should be fine in making the grades, but hey, we can never be too sure hahahahahaha :smile:

Yes after visiting the campus, it definitely feels really homely and pretty, like a mini-Nottingham campus... trees and grass everywhere :biggrin: Like a little village.
Original post by jerseymackem
I'm doing RS A-Level with AQA, we're focussing on the ontological argument, the problem of evil and life, death and beyond if that helps :biggrin:

Oh yeh, AS-level? We did all that last year :smile: If you need any help, just ask - I'll see if I can remember... But I'm better at Ethics if I'm honest :P
Oh wow! Thanks :biggrin: Yeh, I should be fine in making the grades, but hey, we can never be too sure hahahahahaha :smile:

Yes after visiting the campus, it definitely feels really homely and pretty, like a mini-Nottingham campus... trees and grass everywhere :biggrin: Like a little village.

Oooh, sounds very nice! Tiz funny: it's one of my local unis (my school is a feeder school for that uni. Not sure officially but certainly in practice :biggrin: ) but I've never visited it :nah:
Oh yeh, AS-level? We did all that last year :smile: If you need any help, just ask - I'll see if I can remember... But I'm better at Ethics if I'm honest :P

No, I'm doing A2 lol :biggrin:
Just a quick question to fellow Catholics...have you ever felt like God was not real/started losing faith?

How did you solve this?

Quick Reply