The Student Room Group

I feel that a current educational issue facing teachers is?

Hiya

I have a 2 min presentation to do at MMU on a current educational issue facing teachers, I am going to do it on the lack of primary school places in certain areas of the uk as this is a big issue right now, would that be ok. i really want a place.

thanks
Reply 1
That sounds like it might be an issue more for parents? Perhaps more of an issue for teachers might be something like the wait for the new curriculum, how to ensure EAL or SEN students are fully included or trying to implement a 'creative curriculum' when OFSTED will want to see 'evidence' i.e. traditional worksheets?
Reply 2
Original post by Sazzle4
That sounds like it might be an issue more for parents? Perhaps more of an issue for teachers might be something like the wait for the new curriculum, how to ensure EAL or SEN students are fully included or trying to implement a 'creative curriculum' when OFSTED will want to see 'evidence' i.e. traditional worksheets?

Hiya, Has the new curriculum not been enforced yet. I thought it was already enforced in septmeber 2011. Im confused
I replied to your PM. I wouldn't do your suggested topic at all, in fact I'd steer you away from it!

Read this:

http://www.education.gov.uk/inthenews/inthenews/a0073149/national-curriculum-review-launched
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_moon12
Hiya, Has the new curriculum not been enforced yet. I thought it was already enforced in septmeber 2011. Im confused

The new curriculum became a complicated issue because of changing governments etc. If you go on the website you'll find that the old curriculum has been 'archived' but the new one (I think it should have been ready for this year but has been delayed again) is not yet viewable.

Basically, schools are in limbo waiting for the new curriculum which should be coming into force properly in 2013 (but who knows...). So whilst, legally, the old curriculum (I think from 2009 but off the top of my head I can't remember...I'd have to check one of my recent essays where I've referenced it) is still active and schools should be following this many schools are finding it a bit of a minefield knowing what to do.
Ok some misinformation here. The current National Curriculum started in 2007 and the new one will start in 2014. This is not a big educational issue for anyone.
Reply 6
The current primary national curriculum is from 1999.
Reply 7
Original post by Mr M
Ok some misinformation here. The current National Curriculum started in 2007 and the new one will start in 2014. This is not a big educational issue for anyone.

Original post by mmaize
The current primary national curriculum is from 1999.

For some reason I put 2009 before....1999 is actually what I meant to put! Apologies for not spotting my own mistake there!
I do still, however, think the wait for the new one is proving an issue for many schools. Perhaps more so because of the issues with removing online access to things like NNS when many schools were still following it? I appreciate there may well be better things the OP can do their presentation on but it certainly seems to be something which is causing confusion and complications in schools I've been in recently.
Original post by Sazzle4
For some reason I put 2009 before....1999 is actually what I meant to put! Apologies for not spotting my own mistake there!
I do still, however, think the wait for the new one is proving an issue for many schools. Perhaps more so because of the issues with removing online access to things like NNS when many schools were still following it? I appreciate there may well be better things the OP can do their presentation on but it certainly seems to be something which is causing confusion and complications in schools I've been in recently.

So sorry, I negged you when I meant to pos :-/ bloody phone!
Reply 9
Original post by balloon_parade
So sorry, I negged you when I meant to pos :-/ bloody phone!

No worries! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending