The Student Room Group

Psychology A Level

Hi! i'm making my a level choices and have seen a lot of people on here talking about a vast amount of case studies for psychology.
Can someone give me a couple of examples of these case studies. Because if they're anything like geography case studies then there's no way im doing psychology!

So yeah, a couply of examples of case studies would be really nice thanks!
For OCR, Rosenhans study on telling sane from insane, Milgrams original study on Obedience, Reicher and Haslam's BBC prison study, Freud's study on Little Hans. Just to name a few.

You're expected to know details of the sample, the procedure, the results and applications of the results. You're also expected to apply things you learnt in unit 1 to evaluate and suggest changes to the studies.
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
For OCR, Rosenhans study on telling sane from insane, Milgrams original study on Obedience, Reicher and Haslam's BBC prison study, Freud's study on Little Hans. Just to name a few.

You're expected to know details of the sample, the procedure, the results and applications of the results. You're also expected to apply things you learnt in unit 1 to evaluate and suggest changes to the studies.

haha, you've listed all the good ones! I kinda regret taking Psychology, some of the case studies are actually really interesting but they take up such a huge chunk of my time because you have to learn all of them in minute detail - down to the number of participants, their gender, what colour underwear they were wearing (jk, but you get the gist :biggrin:). I am pretty sure you can find a list of the studies for the OCR board on their website (there's 15 in total) - personally, I recommend you have a look at Sociology, much less to learn and if you like the subject and have an opinion on the topics that you study within it then you'll love it!
Reply 3
dont do it; do something easier like rocket science.

Im finding psychology such a ball ache and pointless; were not even taking in knowledge but being assessed on who can remember the most useless crap studies to back up your theories when you would think theory would be more important.
Original post by Mephestic
dont do it; do something easier like rocket science.

Im finding psychology such a ball ache and pointless; were not even taking in knowledge but being assessed on who can remember the most useless crap studies to back up your theories when you would think theory would be more important.

This, do ANYTHING ELSE.

Quick Reply

Latest