The Student Room Group

Dozens of children slaughtered by Bashar Assad's men

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The UN monitors are clearly doing a good job... Syria is going to descend into civil war and become a hub for al Qaeda and Islamic extremism. The failure of the international community to act is just creating long term problems. People hate the idea of an intervention especially on this forum but at the rate things are going failure to act is going to set up far worse problems than intervening. Problem is who is going to intervene? The Arab league made up of men just as bad as Assad?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2

These people deserve justice.............and I can't wait till their regime falls and breaks apart. Because all hell will break loose to catch these murderers.

The fact that such young children are dying and looking at their lifeless bodies gives me shivers :frown:
why would anyone do such things:mad::angry:
(edited 11 years ago)
I do like to take a pacifist approach, but in certain situations, my attitude does change. When someone displays this great of a disrespect to human life, action must be taken. It is obvious that Assad will do anything to stay in power and in control no matter how many lives it will cost. I can't say I support American intervention though, but some form of intervention must be taken to prevent this continuing.

Like Saddam, he is a danger to his people and has absolutely no respect for them. His regime needs to be toppled ASAP!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Omg, when you said it was graphic, I didn't think that graphic.

Poor children! :cry2:
Reply 5
I read that most of these kids were individually murdered.. That just makes it much worse..
Reply 6
Original post by ummm
Omg, when you said it was graphic, I didn't think that graphic.

Poor children! :cry2:

I added a ''very'' to the opening post
Reply 7
Horrific :'(
Reply 8
Original post by cl_steele
what else do people expect from a war?

What type of pussy kills kids? INNOCENT KIDS?
Reply 9
Original post by Blastoise

the kind of 'pussy' whos trying to win a war..
if people want these attrocities to end they need to stop pandering to the Chinese and Russians. The Syrians arent going to saught this cluster-****er out on their own, although that being said it'll probably end up even worse if anyone went in there..
Proof that humans are no better than animals, at all.
that was awful, words cannot describe how much i want the bastards who commit these crimes to suffer, for an eternity.
Reply 12
Original post by cl_steele
what else do people expect from a war?

I understand that in war there is bound to be collateral damage but this is what happened here:

That evening, they said, pro-regime fighters known as shabiha stormed the villages, gunning down men in the streets and stabbing women and children in their homes.

A local activist reached via Skype said the shabiha entered the villages, raiding homes and shooting at civilians, more than 100 people were killed, more than 40 of them children and most of them in the village of Taldaw, he said. Many had stab wounds, another activist said.

"They killed entire families, from parents on down to children, but they focused on the children," Yazan said.

Original post by Blastoise

This^

Original post by badcheesecrispy
Proof that humans are no better than animals, at all.

True.. these men are disgusting :/
Disgusting.
Reply 14
Everywhere Kofi Annan hasn't touched with his indifference and ineptitude has spawned disaster. What did people expect?
Reply 15
Assad is a pig. Also, the UN is acting a bit like the league of nations before WW2, totally ineffective.

Who knows what to do though? If any western country intervenes it will have to deal with the fallout with terrorism, anger in the domestic muslim population etc for years to come.
Reply 16
This has happened so many times all over the world.

Lebanon 2006
Gaza 2009
Uganda
Rwanda

and now Syria yet again.

Why hasn't humanity bettered itself enough to not kill our own children?
There are times when our military should be used to defend the innocent, this is one of those times.
Reply 18
The reaction from the left wing and their Muslim allies will be a mixture of silence and finding a way to blame Israel.
Original post by Chindits
The reaction from the left wing and their Muslim allies will be a mixture of silence and finding a way to blame Israel.

Way to turn a hideous massacre into a chance to take a baseless pot shot politically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending