English A
Maths A
French B
And I hope A A for physics and rmps

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Have not finish but I believe

English a/b
Maths b/c (have between 63%-67% hoping this will be enough)
History a
Physics a/b( hoping for an appeal - so many stupid mistakes normally A's all the time)
Computing a
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Maths A/B
English C
Physics B/C
Business A
Computing C/D
Economics A
Accounting A
English C
AH Maths B
Reply 5
English C
Maths C
History A
Physics B
Computing A

Not my year it seems =/
Reply 6
AH English - Genuinely no idea :tongue:
H Music - A
H Maths - A
H Chemistry - B :frown:
Reply 7
AH Physics: A (Haven't done it yet, but should be good!)
H Chemistry: A
H Graphics: A
H Maths: A (Have roughly 97/130 from that vile exam, so hopefully that'll be enough for an A :s-smilie: )

Yep, I know 4 As seems a bit pretentious, but I've worked since day one this year... :^_^:

Good luck to everyone! I'm sure you'll get what you want! :smile:
Reply 8
History: A
Business: A
Art: B
English: B
Maths: A

I would be ecstatic if I got the above grades, I dont think I will though ;-;
H Maths: A/B but hoping it's an A
H History: A
H English: I have no idea, not good, maybe a N/A.. although I got an A in my prelim :frown: :frown:
H Physics: A
H Art: still got the written exam, but a B
(edited 11 years ago)
English : B/C
Human Biology: B/C
Computing: B/C
History: B/C

I am a very average student as you can all see haha!
Reply 11
H English: A/B, it depends if I was "on form" for my close reading as I'm very up and down :s-smilie:
H Chemistry: A I think, if I got some marks for my calculations
H Maths: B
H French: A
H Physics: I'm hoping for an A, it's all quite dependant on which unit is addressed the most really :smile:
H English - A
H Media - A
H German - B
H Info. Systems - B
Higher Psychology - B

Realistically that's what I'm thinking I'll get, hoping for maybe another A somewhere in there though
H Biology - A
H Chemistry - A
H Maths - A
H Computing - A(Coursework is pretty good)
Original post by LiveToSki
It seems very unlikely if that is the case

Haha thanks but my essays were SOOOOOO short, and one of them wasn't even really about the question :redface: both were a load of ****
Reply 15
If all goes well:

H Business Management: A
H RMPS: A
H Psychology: B
Int 2 Spanish: C

Need the C in Int 2 Spanish as a minimum requirement for Edinburgh uni.
Aaah. :| I am the opposite, i kind of screwed up on the close reading.. but feel my essays and folio were pretty strong (i think).

Oh no. What question did you pick and what text did you do it on?

Awww that's a bummer :frown: honestly though, with close reading you will definitely pick up marks, I'm sure, bet you get a surprise!

Macbeth - character with an instability - this was okay, but still short/not in depth enough because I was freaking about the lack of other questions.. maybe a 17?
Daddy (a poem by Sylvia Plath) - structural technique - this was my worst text, but I could still do a decent essay with a decent question, but this was sooo bad.. I just had to link sound/repetition/blunt statements/form(which was mainly on imagery which isn't even structural, I know) together.. maybe a 9/11 haha :frown:
What about you? :biggrin:
Reply 17
I want to go to Edinburgh university, what course are you doing?

What did you do last year? :smile:

I'm doing Accounting and Finance :biggrin: What about yourself?

Last year I did Accounting, Maths, English, Modern Studies, Physics.
I think it will be fine for close reading, my problem was that i missed a few questions (include last one worth five marks) but what i did put down i think was good :smile:

I did instability for Macbeth too. I wrote about the effects murdering Duncan had on his mental, physical and spiritual stability. I also wrote about his inhumane response to Lady Macbeth's death and how by this point he was extremely instable etc ..

I picked the poem "Stealing" by Carol Ann Duffy for the question about a poem that has a complex main character.

How do you feel about your folio?

Yeah exactly :smile: honestly people talk about the last question like it's worth 50% or something but it will still be fine :biggrin:
That sounds really good! I focused on more act one scene seven, where you can see he's unstable when Lady Macbeth manipulates him etc etc.. and then I did a little bit on his reaction after the murder

I've read that actually, that does sound good too! Seems like you're sorted :smile:
I actually never got them graded, which is a bit of a downer, but they were okay (I think!), I'm hoping for an A/B in folio anyway! You thinking the same? :smile:
English is a strange one, i mean i much prefer subjects like history and english over the sciences, but sometimes you appreciate the straightforward one mark facts that the sciences look for in the exam.

Yes i am hoping for an A. I am hoping it is my folio that will pull me up to an A from an overall B

I picked imaginative and discursive on Faith Schools. You?

I didn't get my folio graded either, but i think i have done well

Ahhh see I'm a maths and history - NOT science and art person.
So i'm half and half :smile:

Seems like you could get that!
Oh, what was your imaginative about?

Personal and discursive on child beauty pageants for meeee :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending