The Student Room Group

how did you get into the IT industry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by CapgeminiGraduate
Hey guys I am new to The Student Room, hello everyone :smile: I just got into the software testing industry, I started a graduate programme 1 month ago for a company that is owned by Capgemini. They are having a large graduate intake this year... If anybody is interested in getting an interview, just message me and I'll give you the name of the firm and a link to details of the graduate programme and I can pass your CV on to them to ensure you get a telephone interview :smile:

Whats in it for you to post eight identical posts pushing recruitment for CapGem?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?do=finduser&u=945762
Reply 41
Hi All,

I recently applied into Metaswitch and it asked me to complete an online assessment (time: 15 mins). Any idea about their verbal and numeric reasoning questions? Difficulty?

Thanks in advance.
If the company has examples online then they should give your an insight. Each company is different. Do a quick search on Google should bring up plenty of examples.
Reply 43
@welshwaynejack I couldnt find examples..i went to their provider and found something like 50 questions in 15 minutes.. OnDemandAssessment..
Original post by Quady
Whats in it for you to post eight identical posts pushing recruitment for CapGem?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?do=finduser&u=945762

The chance to be a smug moron probs.. thats what all capgem employees are like..
Reply 45
Original post by grad_Start
Hi All,

I recently applied into Metaswitch and it asked me to complete an online assessment (time: 15 mins). Any idea about their verbal and numeric reasoning questions? Difficulty?

Thanks in advance.

I didn't find it that difficult, its just relatively standard for one of these online tests. I imagine the only difference between the one for Metaswitch and other companies will be the value they consider to be worth interviewing.
Reply 46
I did a BTEC National Diploma IT Practitioners, and then went to university to study Software Engineering; now I'm just looking for a job. :smile:
Reply 47
I've just finished BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (software development) - my results should be D*D*D*, and before I go university, I need a full time job, will one the agencies mentioned give any temporary positions or is it a more permanent career?

I want to go into games programming but obviously I need a degree and applied to the university course related to it.

Would all of these agencies that consider straight A's at A level even consider my BTEC with the grades I have?

In long term, I might plan to do software engineering if I have the capability and dedication to continue into the programming field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending