The Student Room Group

Electronics AQA June 2012 Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by geditor
That ELEC2 paper was much harder

I wouldn't say harder, just require a slighly different way of thinking an the questions were similar to what we had seen before, just with slight twists...
Reply 21
Original post by iCiaran
I wouldn't say harder, just require a slighly different way of thinking an the questions were similar to what we had seen before, just with slight twists...

For the question with the two push pull amplifiers on the same circuit, with supply of 15 V, did you have to double the voltage to 30V when calculating the rms power dissipation? Thanks
Reply 22
Original post by geditor
For the question with the two push pull amplifiers on the same circuit, with supply of 15 V, did you have to double the voltage to 30V when calculating the rms power dissipation? Thanks

Yeah you did, but I didn't, think the final correct answer was 225W
Reply 23
At least I'll be ready for the retake :frown:
Reply 24
How'd the few people on TSR that actually do electronics do then? Just shows how few people actually do the subject when you struggle to find them on this site xD
Reply 25
Original post by iCiaran
How'd the few people on TSR that actually do electronics do then? Just shows how few people actually do the subject when you struggle to find them on this site xD

Haha, I got full marks, A. What about yourself? :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by geditor
Haha, I got full marks, A. What about yourself? :smile:

I got 298/300, lost 1 mark on the coursework xD
Reply 27
Original post by iCiaran
I got 298/300, lost 1 mark on the coursework xD

Oh cool, so where and what do you want to study at university? What A-levels do you take? :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by geditor
Oh cool, so where and what do you want to study at university? What A-levels do you take? :smile:

I want to study Computer Science, hopefully at Cambridge, and at the moment I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing and Electronics...

You?
Reply 29
Original post by iCiaran
I want to study Computer Science, hopefully at Cambridge, and at the moment I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing and Electronics...

You?

I'm doing the same as you except I dropped Computing for Chemistry halfway through the year :smile: I was going to study Physics at Oxford but I've recently changed my mind and I'm no longer sure as to what I wish to study at university... no a great start... hehe :P I was thinking about pursuing electronic engineering... :/
Reply 30
Original post by geditor
I'm doing the same as you except I dropped Computing for Chemistry halfway through the year :smile: I was going to study Physics at Oxford but I've recently changed my mind and I'm no longer sure as to what I wish to study at university... no a great start... hehe :P I was thinking about pursuing electronic engineering... :/

I was very tempted by electronic engineering, but in the end I think I will enjoy CompSci more, and most CompSci courses have some electronics content anyway so it doesn't get completely left out anyway :smile:.

The thought of a pre physics degree would kinda scare ,me xD
Reply 31
Original post by iCiaran
I was very tempted by electronic engineering, but in the end I think I will enjoy CompSci more, and most CompSci courses have some electronics content anyway so it doesn't get completely left out anyway :smile:.

The thought of a pre physics degree would kinda scare ,me xD

How so? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending