The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dragonxi
Does anyone know how fast the internet is in different accommodation sites?
I'm kind of a "download maniac" :P

Can't remember how fast it was (I guess "pretty fast" doesn't quite cut it for you :P ) but be advised there is a 10 GB download rolling 24h limit :wink: I don't know how strictly they enforce it though.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by ounce
Can't remember how fast it was (I guess "pretty fast" doesn't quite cut it for you :P ) but be advised there is a 10 GB download rolling 24h limit :wink: I don't know how strictly they enforce it though.

Think you get banned from the wifi for either a day or a week, can't remember. Happened to a guy I know who went over the limit
Hehe the download bans. Got a 24hr ban for breaking the limit and a two week for...uh...slightly less legal reasons.
Peer 2 peer traffic seems to have been blocked a year or so ago.

Streaming (eg youtube) does not count towards the limit. Nor does any internal traffic (email, file exchange,etc..)

Don't do anything silly on the network, it's usually not worth it.

You should all go for Selkirk, this is the obvious choice of a hall, filled with excellent hall seniors (<- opinion may be slightly biased)
Original post by crud.bee
Hehe the download bans. Got a 24hr ban for breaking the limit and a two week for...uh...slightly less legal reasons.
Peer 2 peer traffic seems to have been blocked a year or so ago.

Streaming (eg youtube) does not count towards the limit. Nor does any internal traffic (email, file exchange,etc..)

Don't do anything silly on the network, it's usually not worth it.

You should all go for Selkirk, this is the obvious choice of a hall, filled with excellent hall seniors (<- opinion may be slightly biased)

If you're familiar with steam, do you know if downloading a game counts towards the daily limit?
Hi everyone,

Together with two friends of mine, we are looking for a student to replace a flatmate leaving next year. We are from Belgium, Spain and Italy, and from the departments of Maths and EEE. The flat is in Earl's court, 2 minutes away from the station, and the room has a double bed and a private bathroom. It will be available from the 1st of October.

Let me know if you would like more information / pictures of the room / organize a visit.

Cheers! :smile:
Reply 1185
Calling students who have an offer from intercollegiate halls!

I have a single en-suite room at Lillian Penson Hall, and I want to swap for a room at College Hall or Garden Halls. It's both cheaper and closer to Imperial than the other two halls.

Please pm me if interested!
Did anyone get their hall yet? Aren't they supposed to allocate it by 5th September?
Yes - does nobody have their offer yet?
Original post by 1010marina
Yes - does nobody have their offer yet?

Original post by Jawwad_Adel
Did anyone get their hall yet? Aren't they supposed to allocate it by 5th September?

I was a fresher at Imperial two years ago and I saw someone asking about this in another thread so I looked up when I got my accommodation offer, which turned out to be the last day they said they'd offer by. Sorry you've had to wait so long (I know how annoying it is!), but it does mean you should get your offers today :h:.

The UG office tends to send out emails like this around 12-3pm (at least in my department) so keep an eye out. They close at 5pm so if you haven't heard by then then I would send them a quick email to check you haven't been forgotten!

Hope you both get something you're happy with!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Firefly13
I was a fresher at Imperial two years ago and I saw someone asking about this in another thread so I looked up when I got my accommodation offer, which turned out to be the last day they said they'd offer by. Sorry you've had to wait so long (I know how annoying it is!), but it does mean you should get your offers today :h:.

The UG office tends to send out emails like this around 12-3pm (at least in my department) so keep an eye out. The close at 5pm so if you haven't heard by then then I would send them a quick email to check you haven't been forgotten!

Hope you both get something you're happy with!

Thank you!
Reply 1190
Got my accommodation offer about an hour ago Costume Store! Anybody else?
Original post by zshn
Got my accommodation offer about an hour ago Costume Store! Anybody else?

Got mine too, I'm also in Costume Store!
I got Costume Store as well. Does anyone know the policy on swapping though because I had my heart set on Pembridge Halls :frown:
Reply 1193
Original post by may_mccool
I got Costume Store as well. Does anyone know the policy on swapping though because I had my heart set on Pembridge Halls :frown:

Don't think you're allowed to swap unfortunately :frown: Costume Store seems nicer than Pembridge though, what was it that you liked better about it?
Original post by may_mccool

I'm afraid that you can't swap unless there are some health issues or something. I wouldn't worry - I ended up in the worst halls when I was first year but loved it there in the end. You'll end up liking it wherever you go. :smile:
Reply 1195
Original post by usycool1
I'm afraid that you can't swap unless there are some health issues or something. I wouldn't worry - I ended up in the worst halls when I was first year but loved it there in the end. You'll end up liking it wherever you go. :smile:

Just out of interest - what were the worst halls?
Original post by zshn
Just out of interest - what were the worst halls?

Fisher :tongue:
Does anyone know anything about alban hall?!
Thanks
Original post by usycool1
Fisher :tongue:

But at least it's only a 15-20 walk. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1199
I still haven't gotten the email... 0_o Should I be panicking??? Has anyone else still haven't gotten the email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending