The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I'm buying an away shirt, Firmino or Origi?

Nameless would be better tbh. I'd have gone for Sturridge personally since you want a players name.
Reply 8781
No name
Original post by bammy jastard 27
No name

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469900689.558683.jpg
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469900689.558683.jpg

I once said my name was Major Lee Hung at a Starbucks once. Got a few giggles when they called it out :u:

Origi. Firmino wil be a bench warmer this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
We beat AC Milan 2-0 in a friendly early this morning - goals from Origi and Firmino.

Origi goal: https://streamable.com/ycxs

Firmino goal: https://streamable.com/z000

Good stuff.

EDIT: Firmino doing another "Soldado": https://streamable.com/dml9
(edited 7 years ago)
Nerdling is isambard right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth
Nerdling is isambard right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assumed Isambard had been reincarnated as that LFCfan123 guy
Reply 8788
So haven't been looking at all at your preseason (bar your game against us) - how have your signings been looking so far? Anyone I should be seriously be considering for fantasy football? :holmes:
Original post by mhsc
So haven't been looking at all at your preseason (bar your game against us) - how have your signings been looking so far? Anyone I should be seriously be considering for fantasy football? :holmes:

Karius just broke his hand so no point having him :colonhash:

Matip and Klavan have looked solid - the former will probably have a place in our starting XI but the latter is more of a back-up.

Grujic has looked great and has already bagged a few goals but we have a lot of midfielders and he's unlikely to be a starter right away.

Mané at his price will almost certainly start too; he adds some amazing pace on the wing and he's always been a good midfielder to have in terms of goals/assists. He can be inconsistent though from a FPL perspective - he'll bag a hattrick and then do nothing for 5 games.

Overall if you're looking at Liverpool players, you'll have the most joy with our midfielders.

Coutinho isn't actually at a bad price this year and always has his moments of magic.
Firmino may get less minutes than last season but he scores a lot of goals for a midfielder.
Don't bother with Origi and Sturridge - the former won't be a starter and the latter doesn't justify his price.
Klavan has been seriously underrated. He was outstanding against AC Milan. Controlled, strong, and level-headed. Good partnership with Lovren, so I would argue that Matip will be the backup defender.

I've heard rumours that Sakho could be loaned or sold to the Serie A?
Reply 8791

Scholes
Original post by The Roast
I've heard rumours that Sakho could be loaned or sold to the Serie A?

His agent's already come out and said it's not happening.
Original post by SA-1
Scholes

Giroud
His agent's already come out and said it's not happening.

It's just typical paper talk tbh

People bigging up Sakho being sent home as if he's being dropped from the squad....
What are people's expectations for the year ahead?

We have no Europe to add to our fixture list but there is also a stupendous amount of competitive teams in the league and the quality of managers now is insane.

Honestly I think 5th/6th with a domestic cup would be good, although we're always gonna be eyeing that 4th place.
Although the competition is strong, we almost won the league with Rodgers and that was pretty much out of nowhere so who knows?
That being said, we had a world class player in Suarez at the time...
Original post by Lúcio

We have no Europe to add to our fixture list but there is also a stupendous amount of competitive teams in the league and the quality of managers now is insane.

Honestly I think 5th/6th with a domestic cup would be good, although we're always gonna be eyeing that 4th place.
Although the competition is strong, we almost won the league with Rodgers and that was pretty much out of nowhere so who knows?

We should get top 4 mate, as managers at man utd man city and chelsea should be settling in and wont win every game. As we've had Klopp for longer then their managers. We should get top 4. We can beat arsenal and tottenham in matches but maybe a chelsea man city or man utd are the only teams that may beat us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio

Top 4 and a trophy would be good. We shouldn't even be thinking about 5/6th place since the season hasn't even started. Klopp himself has said we'll be firing on all fronts and taking every competition seriously. I'd love to see us challenge for the prem, we almost did it under Rodgers in the 13/14 season and Leicester last year showed everyone how it's a team effort and that the underdogs can win. Considering we have a week of full training before most of our games next season that's a luxury I'm sure Klopp will utilise. Our squad will be fitter due to less games played so we should easily run our opponents into the ground.
As Liverpool aren't in Europe they should be getting 72-75 points which should really be top 4. Anything less is a failure really.

5th and a cup win would be progress though.

If Liverpool were in Europe I would say 5th/6th though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be happy with just doing better than last season, I'd take Europa be it via a trophy or league.

Latest