Thoughts

Original post by sr90
Thoughts

It's the year Ozil and Sanchez bail out and we get relegated
Original post by sr90
Thoughts

Hilarious :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal Fan TV is going to be great after the Liverpool game if they lose and no new signings are made
Odds mean absolutely nothing. There is most likely no solid link with Arsenal and Mahrez. I'd be delighted with Mustafi. Why is Wenger only now trying to sign a striker a few weeks before the Liverpool game? Every single person knows that we need a striker, why is he waiting till now to sign one? He won't be able to have a proper pre-season and may take him a while to settle. Atm we're starting with f*cking Walcott up front in our season opener. God help us.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
1996 Newcastle almost win a league
2006 Newcastle no longer a "top" PL side
2016 Newcastle relegated

2006 Arsenal almost win European Cup
2016 Arsenal no longer a "top" European side
2026 Arsenal mid-table?
Original post by sr90
Arsenal Fan TV is going to be great after the Liverpool game if they lose and no new signings are made

Shame Claude will not be there. Could do with one of his meltdowns to cheer me up if we lose.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Odds mean absolutely nothing. There is most likely no solid link with Arsenal and Mahrez. I'd be delighted with Mustafi. Why is Wenger only now trying to sign a striker a few weeks before the Liverpool game? Every single person knows that we need a striker, why is he waiting till now to sign one? He won't be able to have a proper pre-season and may take him a while to settle. Atm we're starting with f*cking Walcott up front in our season opener. God help us.

He didn't wait until now though did he? He tried signing a striker before the Euros.
Original post by leinad2012
Shame Claude will not be there. Could do with one of his meltdowns to cheer me up if we lose.

He didn't wait until now though did he? He tried signing a striker before the Euros.

He put all his eggs in the Vardy basket, like he did with Suarez. Both rejected us. Where do we go from here? Higuain has moved. Lacazette is the only decent striker available, he should be going out all guns blazing to try and get him. Like I've said, Barca, City, United have all bullied us into selling our top players. How is it that a supposedly massive club like Arsenal struggle to convince good players to join us?

He put all his eggs in the Vardy basket, like he did with Suarez. Both rejected us. Where do we go from here? Higuain has moved. Lacazette is the only decent striker available, he should be going out all guns blazing to try and get him. Like I've said, Barca, City, United have all bullied us into selling our top players. How is it that a supposedly massive club like Arsenal struggle to convince good players to join us?

Except he hasn't as he has clearly stated we are in for a striker. In no world is Higuain worth 70mil, and there is still time to get Lacazette, but he isn't a 50mil player.
Except he hasn't as he has clearly stated we are in for a striker. In no world is Higuain worth 70mil, and there is still time to get Lacazette, but he isn't a 50mil player.

If you spent all your time worrying about trying to sign players worth their market value, you'll sign no one. Is Higuain worth £70 million? No. Do I want us to spend a bit more money than he's worth on a top class player who is better than what we have rather than that money sit in the bank? Yes.

I'd be more worried as to who's starting at CB when your options are Gabriel, Holding and Chambers

It's really strange that you've got Liverpool first, very rare to see a big game on the opening day.
Original post by sr90
I'd be more worried as to who's starting at CB when your options are Gabriel, Holding and Chambers

It's really strange that you've got Liverpool first, very rare to see a big game on the opening day.

Arsenal vs Liverpool isn't a big game though is it, it's a top 4 side playing a mid-table one.
Original post by shawn_o1
1996 Newcastle almost win a league
2006 Newcastle no longer a "top" PL side
2016 Newcastle relegated

2006 Arsenal almost win European Cup
2016 Arsenal no longer a "top" European side
2026 Arsenal mid-table?

Arsenal were never a top European side
Original post by difeo
Arsenal were never a top European side

Depends on your definition of top European side

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Depends on your definition of top European side

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's like arguing Sanogo is a world class player because your "definition of world class" is different...
Original post by sr90

West Ham vs Spurs (reasonably big derby - secondary to both sets to Milllll and Arsenal respectively) two years ago, Everton vs Man Utd (back when Everton were pretty much a fixture in the top 6) two years before that - it happens more than you remember; particularly when you consider Liverpool are now just dining out on history.
If you spent all your time worrying about trying to sign players worth their market value, you'll sign no one. Is Higuain worth £70 million? No. Do I want us to spend a bit more money than he's worth on a top class player who is better than what we have rather than that money sit in the bank? Yes.

I agree. But would you rather Higuain on his own or a striker like Lacazette/ Icardi AND a CB like Mustafi? Because I'd prefer the latter everyday of the week and if we do manage that, then it is the right decision in my eyes. If we don't then we should be furious tbf.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Arsenal vs Liverpool isn't a big game though is it, it's a top 4 side playing a mid-table one.

I mean, compared to United Bournemouth which is a mid table side vs a relegation side it is a big game :wink:

Scenes when Pogba gets hit by a flair in some Kazakh shithole and Ibra gets hit by falling shrapnel from a downed aircraft in the Ukraine :biggrin:
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
West Ham vs Spurs (reasonably big derby - secondary to both sets to Milllll and Arsenal respectively) two years ago, Everton vs Man Utd (back when Everton were pretty much a fixture in the top 6) two years before that - it happens more than you remember; particularly when you consider Liverpool are now just dining out on history.
No mercy.
I agree. But would you rather Higuain on his own or a striker like Lacazette/ Icardi AND a CB like Mustafi? Because I'd prefer the latter everyday of the week and if we do manage that, then it is the right decision in my eyes. If we don't then we should be furious tbf.

I mean, compared to United Bournemouth which is a mid table side vs a relegation side it is a big game :wink:

Scenes when Pogba gets hit by a flair in some Kazakh shithole and Ibra gets hit by falling shrapnel from a downed aircraft in the Ukraine :biggrin:

Thing is though we should have absolute tons of cash. Last seasons summer and January budget of which we only spent £5million, all the revenue from last season (match ticket sales, TV money, sponsorships, prize money) and this seasons budget - however much we signed Xhaka and Holding for. We should easily be able to spend £70 million with enough left to buy a CB atleast and another attacking player. When Gazidis says we can't outspend rivals, he should also tell the fans where all that money went.
Original post by Lúcio
That's like arguing Sanogo is a world class player because your "definition of world class" is different...

Not even remotely similar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest