The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Magister (Law (european)) at Exeter

Hi
I was just wondering if there are someone on tsr that also have applied for the German Law (european) course at Exter university.

Have anybody received offers yet or had their interview.

I already had my interview over the phone, but they said that it would take quite a while before I would get the decision from them
Reply 1
Original post by Timstar00
Hi
I was just wondering if there are someone on tsr that also have applied for the German Law (european) course at Exter university.

Have anybody received offers yet or had their interview.

I already had my interview over the phone, but they said that it would take quite a while before I would get the decision from them

Hey, I applied for the French maitrise one in early October and got an offer in late October (without an interview but think french must just be different) :smile:. I have subsequently been rejected from Oxford after interview for law with french law so I think exeter's my top choice now as (I assume it's the same with the german one) it gives a better (duel) qualification than any other uni I've found so I'm hoping it'll make me stand out when it comes to training contracts etc... And think exeter's a good and fun uni - hopefully!

Where else have you applied and how do you think your interview went?

Good luck!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by L-C
Hey, I applied for the French maitrise one in early October and got an offer in late October (without an interview but think french must just be different) :smile:. I have subsequently been rejected from Oxford after interview for law with french law so I think exeter's my top choice now as (I assume it's the same with the german one) it gives a better (duel) qualification than any other uni I've found so I'm hoping it'll make me stand out when it comes to training contracts etc... And think exeter's a good and fun uni - hopefully!

Where else have you applied and how do you think your interview went?

Good luck!

Hi,
Still haven't heard anything from Exeter, but the interview did go really good. The interviewer did also tell me that she "hoped to see me next year" . I sincerely hope that it means I'll get an offer soon. Tired of the wait to be honest. I was pooled by Cambridge and I have an offer (unconditional) from QMUL. Rejected by LSE in December and rejected by Warwick yesterday. So not very happy. Obviously I'll pick Cambridge if I get fished by a college, but don't know what to do if I stand with the choice between Exeter and QMUL.

What about you? Where did you apply?
Reply 3
Original post by Timstar00
Hi,
Still haven't heard anything from Exeter, but the interview did go really good. The interviewer did also tell me that she "hoped to see me next year" . I sincerely hope that it means I'll get an offer soon. Tired of the wait to be honest. I was pooled by Cambridge and I have an offer (unconditional) from QMUL. Rejected by LSE in December and rejected by Warwick yesterday. So not very happy. Obviously I'll pick Cambridge if I get fished by a college, but don't know what to do if I stand with the choice between Exeter and QMUL.

What about you? Where did you apply?

Ahh that sounds really hopeful then about Exeter! And I so understand - I started off checking ucas all the time but I'm dead bored of it all now and just want to be at uni :smile:. A huge good luck for cambridge and I hope you get fished out :wink: Shame about rejections though but tbh it's expected that we won't get all 5! QMUL's A*AA yeah? So you could do Queen Mary as a firm and exeter as insurance but personally I prefered the exeter campus and course as you get the dual qualification (I looked round QMUL) and whilst Queen Mary's fab for law it's not considered great overall (the times says exeter 10 and qmul 37).... but fingers crossed for camb first!

I actually also applied to Warwick (for the european law) but have yet to hear from them - when did you send off your application cos I'm becoming impatient again now!? Also applied to Nottingham (law with french and french law) waiting to hear - they say I'll know by end of feb - great :frown:, and have offers from exeter and sheffield (insurance law with french) and obvs rejected by oxford!
Reply 4
Original post by L-C
Ahh that sounds really hopeful then about Exeter! And I so understand - I started off checking ucas all the time but I'm dead bored of it all now and just want to be at uni :smile:. A huge good luck for cambridge and I hope you get fished out :wink: Shame about rejections though but tbh it's expected that we won't get all 5! QMUL's A*AA yeah? So you could do Queen Mary as a firm and exeter as insurance but personally I prefered the exeter campus and course as you get the dual qualification (I looked round QMUL) and whilst Queen Mary's fab for law it's not considered great overall (the times says exeter 10 and qmul 37).... but fingers crossed for camb first!

I actually also applied to Warwick (for the european law) but have yet to hear from them - when did you send off your application cos I'm becoming impatient again now!? Also applied to Nottingham (law with french and french law) waiting to hear - they say I'll know by end of feb - great :frown:, and have offers from exeter and sheffield (insurance law with french) and obvs rejected by oxford!

I sent off my application 11th of October I think and received the answer from Warwick yesterday.
Already have my qualifications so all my offers will be unconditional. That's why I need to do a lot of research on whether the reputation of the law department or the overall reputation of the uni counts most towards job prospects when I get the degree.
Also, the offer I have for QMUL is English and European Law , but isn't a dual qualification.

Good luck with Warwick! I'm sure you'll get info about your application soon. Hopefully they'll make you an offer :smile:

However the hope of Cambridge is decreasing by the minute. wahh, it's too exciting. I just can't open track when it says "status change in track" in the email !!!1

And who knows. Maybe we'll see each other next year if I get my exeter offer :wink:
Reply 5
Hey guys...
I'm in my second year at Exeter on the Law with Magister course - feel free to ask any questions!
Reply 6
i'm currently holding an offer for the European Law (Maitrise) for 2012 entry, I also attended the Law offer day on the 8th and hoping to firm this offer. Is there anyone else holding an offer for this course :biggrin: ?
Reply 7
Original post by L - Jilla94

i'm currently holding an offer for the European Law (Maitrise) for 2012 entry, I also attended the Law offer day on the 8th and hoping to firm this offer. Is there anyone else holding an offer for this course :biggrin: ?

I've also got an offer for (EU LAW) Maitrise :smile: Hopefully, this will be my first choice too
Reply 8
Original post by Izzy24
I've also got an offer for (EU LAW) Maitrise :smile: Hopefully, this will be my first choice too

ahh finally somebody else :biggrin: just out of interest where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 9

ahh finally somebody else :biggrin: just out of interest where else have you applied? :smile:

Birmingham, southampton, uea warwick. You?
Also, i went to the offer holder day on the 8th too. That's pretty much confirmed that exteter would be my first choice :smile:
Original post by Izzy24
Birmingham, southampton, uea warwick. You?
Also, i went to the offer holder day on the 8th too. That's pretty much confirmed that exteter would be my first choice :smile:

nicee , exeter, cardiff, reading, birmingham and UWE
ohh cool i probably saw you there :tongue: yeah me too I was quite impressed with the Law department and uni as a whole, so fingers crossed :smile: Just need to make sure I can get the A in french :cool:
Reply 11

nicee , exeter, cardiff, reading, birmingham and UWE
ohh cool i probably saw you there :tongue: yeah me too I was quite impressed with the Law department and uni as a whole, so fingers crossed :smile: Just need to make sure I can get the A in french :cool:

ahh nice range of unis :smile: are they for law and french law etc?
Yeh probably! All the staff and pupils there were so lovely aswell, so that always helps haha
So are you fully English, or part French?
Original post by Izzy24
ahh nice range of unis :smile: are they for law and french law etc?
Yeh probably! All the staff and pupils there were so lovely aswell, so that always helps haha
So are you fully English, or part French?

yeah the majority of them are apart from UWE that was just straight LLB :smile: yeah the student moot thing was quite good and the staff seemed keen to answer my questions afterwards, so that definitely helps :smile: well technically I'm neither i'm Welsh :cool: yourself? :tongue:
Reply 13

yeah the majority of them are apart from UWE that was just straight LLB :smile: yeah the student moot thing was quite good and the staff seemed keen to answer my questions afterwards, so that definitely helps :smile: well technically I'm neither i'm Welsh :cool: yourself? :tongue:

So true :smile: haha sorry! British...same difference :smile: im actually half french, half english. So i guess that helps. Although i've only started to write in french last year so i suck at grammer.
Original post by Izzy24
So true :smile: haha sorry! British...same difference :smile: im actually half french, half english. So i guess that helps. Although i've only started to write in french last year so i suck at grammer.

ahah yeah i guess , ohh cool you should be fine with it then in that case :smile:, are you doing A level french aswell or not?
Reply 15
hi

i have made law(european) Magister at exeter my firm choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending