The Student Room Group

Can I do economics with these A levels?

Can I do an economics with these A levels?

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Economics

Would I stand a chance at getting into a top economics course with these A levels, assuming I get A's in them? I have good GCSE's as well.
Reply 1
Yes

/thread
Reply 2
Original post by like a boss

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Economics

Would I stand a chance at getting into a top economics course with these A levels, assuming I get A's in them? I have good GCSE's as well.

Yes exept a few top universities require further Maths but not many.
Reply 3
What do you honestly think?

If youre smart enough to get straight A's at A-Level, including Economics and Maths, surely youre smart enough to work out whether those are the correct A-Levels to be able to do a degree in Economics?
Reply 4
Original post by josh_v
What do you honestly think?

If youre smart enough to get straight A's at A-Level, including Economics and Maths, surely youre smart enough to work out whether those are the correct A-Levels to be able to do a degree in Economics?

Many degrees require some very specific A levels, such as further maths for example. I couldn't find a list of requirements for all the economics courses, so I thought it would be quicker to make a thread.
Reply 5
If there's an Economics course that requires further maths then im yet to find it
Reply 6

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Economics

I did those A-levels, the answer is yes.

Many degrees require some very specific A levels, such as further maths for example. I couldn't find a list of requirements for all the economics courses, so I thought it would be quicker to make a thread.

No.
Reply 7
yes, for lse cambridge, ucl, and warwick further maths would also improve your chances

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending