The Student Room Group

Four Four Two - Top 100 players in 2012

Link to imgur album

Expand for full album

Spoiler

Individual pages

Spoiler

Always going to be based on opinions, overall the list isnt too bad tbh, could have been faaarrr worse.

Some of my thoughts

Bale at 11: - Lol
Ribery at 34 - Lol.

Zlatan at 13 seems a bit silly considering Bale + Aguero especially are in front of him, Rooney too. Rooney should not be below Aguero.

Hernandez at 94 is criminal given many of the players above him.

Suarez should be higher but didnt have a spectacular year and this is highly influenced by the performances so doesnt surprise me too much

Lampard shouldnt be that high (61)

Lucas shouldnt be higher than people like Isco and a few others.

Hummels should be higher.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pirlo in 9th is a bit over the top for me. He's been good (and had 1-2 epic games in the Euros which started this bandwagon) but he hasn't been in the top 10 in the world for me. Also he is also playing in what is now a weaker league than the most of the people there.

Ozil and Jordi Alba in 31 and 33 could be higher too
(edited 11 years ago)
What no Heskey :emo:

EDIT: I all seriousness Neuer/Chiellini/Kroos/Gomez/Ozil/Hummels/KPB/Ribery/Pedro/Suarez/Huntelaar/Ibra/Milito/Soldado should all be higher, Bale/Xavi/Rooney lower, Mata higher than Hazard, Ben Arfa/Lavezzi/Michu/El Shaaraway/Cech/Drogba should be on there, the likes of Balotelli/Lampard/Vermaelan/Torres/Vidic/Villa/Valdes shouldn't be on there.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm a Barcelona fan but David villa in the 30s thats rubbish he shouldn't even be top 100. If he actually played half the season perhaps but really? Valdes 78 just lol hes not even in the top 20 keepers in the world. Pedro 52? Unimpressive year spent half of it injured. Alves in the 40ish no he was pretty poor. These rankings are pretty awful some of the players shouldn't be anywhere near the list.
Reply 4
Vidic shouldn't be on that list.
Reply 5
lol at Gotze only 92nd. Him and Reus have been amazing.
Reply 6
Original post by Aramiss18
lol at Gotze only 92nd. Him and Reus have been amazing.

Gotze was injrued for quite a few months though wasnt he?
Reply 7
Victor Valdez is on the list :facepalm2:
Reply 8
Original post by Tommyjw
Gotze was injrued for quite a few months though wasnt he?

Yeah true. But in terms of natural ability he is supremely gifted. But it does depend on the criterion used.
Reply 9
Original post by scotttb
Pirlo in 9th is a bit over the top for me. He's been good (and had 1-2 epic games in the Euros which started this bandwagon) but he hasn't been in the top 10 in the world for me. Also he is also playing in what is now a weaker league than the most of the people there.

Ozil and Jordi Alba in 31 and 33 could be higher too

You obviously didn't watch much of Juventus last season when they were unstoppable. Christ...

Falcao 4th, that's good. I'd have put him first but oh well!
Bale at 11 is a bit over the top, he should be in the 40-60 mark.
Original post by James A

OMG Bale should be on the top spot.
Messi's numbers are just orgasmic.
Reply 13
Original post by James A

I'd put him around 25-30 tbh, maybe.. i dunno. If Bale had his exact same return for, say, United, he would be higher on that list. Not 11th high though, thats just silly.
Reply 14
Bet theres not one Newcastle player in it.

Looked at number 100 and stopped reading... Torres... Really? Are there only 99 other players who had better years than him? Another chart that ranks reputation over performance/ability a bit like the England squad.

:facepalm2:
Reply 15
Original post by scotttb

Jesus. :facepalm2:
Reply 16
Original post by mau5
Jesus. :facepalm2:

:rolleyes:
Original post by Vintage
Bet theres not one Newcastle player in it.

Correct, we're not looking at the worst 100 players remember
My immediate thoughts:

Piszczek should be higher.
Vermaelen isn't as good as Mertesacker or Koscielny (not that it's helped him playing out of position)
Similarly, no Andre Santos?
Ibrahimovic should be a bit higher.
Lampard should be much much lower. Not sure how they can justify having him that high when he's not playing as much and yet drop Gotze loads.
Bale is too high. I did laugh how in his photo he is falling over though.
Villa is way to high.
Valdes shouldn't be on the list.
Reply 19
Original post by Gob Bluth
Correct, we're not looking at the worst 100 players remember

If Torres is included surely Ba or Cisse should be. Im just using my team as an example. Proper embarrassing top 100.

Quick Reply