The Student Room Group

Feel bad about prelim.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CSM1996
6 hours sleep... that ain't good for you!!! I think I went to bed at like 11:30 and got up at 9 :lol:

4am to half one.... Woop!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Request title change to: Chat between Aay and CSM1996.

Do you by any chance do SG French? If so, what is with the kerfuffle over the credit listening.?Apparently it was very hard this year..? :smile:
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Do you by any chance do SG French? If so, what is with the kerfuffle over the credit listening.?Apparently it was very hard this year..? :smile:

Yeah I do.

Honestly people are exaggerating, it wasn't that bad. There were a few bits of tough vocab but nothing obscure. People just complain you know. In fairness, last year's was a joke compared to this but what can you do ?
Reply 283
Original post by TheFOMaster
4am to half one.... Woop!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Legend :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 284
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Yeah I do.

Honestly people are exaggerating, it wasn't that bad. There were a few bits of tough vocab but nothing obscure. People just complain you know. In fairness, last year's was a joke compared to this but what can you do ?

Are you doing SGs or Highers :s-smilie:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285
Original post by CSM1996
The first thing I do when I get my paper (well I did in the prelim) was look at the essay questions but I felt confident with them. If not I'll have a quick confer session with the girl sitting behind me :wink:

Isolation/mutation/natural selection or foraging/cooperative hunting/dominance hierarchy/territorial behaviour :L For other one it was structure of mitochondria/cytochrome system or phagocytosis/lymphocytes.

Good new for me is meiosis came up in 2011 in the essay bit so is unlikely to come up for me. Well praying it doesn't :frown:

You sure about that confer session...?

Meiosis has only come up once in the past 12 years, and it was about variation etc which is reasonable, I genuinely have no idea what will come up- dont care anymore:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 286
Original post by Aay

Meiosis has only come up once in the past 12 years, and it was about variation etc which is reasonable, I genuinely have no idea what will come up- dont care anymore:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probs not but you sit there for about 5 minutes while the invigilators hand out calculators and rulers and pencils and pens to people who come to an exam without them, normally I just look through the exam see what I'm doing and have a chance to think before going straight into it.

I think it has came up quite a few times for us :[

Edit: I just said probs //wrist
Original post by Aay
Are you doing SGs or Highers :s-smilie:
Posted from TSR Mobile

SGs mate :smile:
Help!! Did my prelims and got my results back for physics maths and chemistry at higher level I was short off a C and need to get all A's this year is it possible to work really hard to achieve my grades that I want??? Any advice and personal experience will be greatly appreciated thank you
Original post by Zrehman24
Help!! Did my prelims and got my results back for physics maths and chemistry at higher level I was short off a C and need to get all A's this year is it possible to work really hard to achieve my grades that I want??? Any advice and personal experience will be greatly appreciated thank you

Of course it is, but it's up to you to put the work in and actually work hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much, lost a lot of confidence but now I'm preparing my self for the finals. It's given me a wake up call to put in even more work. May I ask are you currently on s5?
Original post by Zrehman24
Thanks so much, lost a lot of confidence but now I'm preparing my self for the finals. It's given me a wake up call to put in even more work. May I ask are you currently on s5?

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo man! Long time no speak! How have you been?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending