The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sagacious

It's better to try and fail than to fail altogether.

I'm not certain about that one because their would be riots and chaos and a wholew lot worse and i think nopt trying a pathetic idea is betterthan trying a pathetic idea and I also find it pathetic that you are using stupid stereotypes for the whole country most people who are on benefits actually do need them and remember the government decided on checks for working ability a year afgo i think it was so i think that showed that 85% didn't start working.Your plans are not plausible and they also show that you don't understand the enconomy and with this great knowledge of bussiness you can open a bussiness then?

Sagacious,you are suggesting that you liked Britain where their where no benefits that was the time when children where down the mine so that's what you like and i wouldn't be suprised if you get your first warning point for your attitude in this thread.
Reply 42
It's better to try and fail than to fail altogether.

Wrong.

Try = Initial investment of several thousands of pounds. Including no attempts aty finding an actual job during that time as the time demands on starting a new business are incredible.

Likelihood of that business even breaking even = very, very low.

Likelihood of you wasting many months and many thousands of pounds = high.
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm not certain about that one because their would be riots and chaos and a wholew lot worse and i think nopt trying a pathetic idea is betterthan trying a pathetic idea and I also find it pathetic that you are using stupid stereotypes for the whole country most people who are on benefits actually do need them and remember the government decided on checks for working ability a year afgo i think it was so i think that showed that 85% didn't start working.Your plans are not plausible and they also show that you don't understand the enconomy and with this great knowledge of bussiness you can open a bussiness then?

Pathetic idea? You've just proved me right, thank you.

I don't want to set my own business up, I want to become a Theoretical/Cosmological Physicist.
Sagacious,you are suggesting that you liked Britain where their where no benefits that was the time when children where down the mine so that's what you like and i wouldn't be suprised if you get your first warning point for your attitude in this thread.

I have never said I want children down the mine!!!!!!!!!

Find me the quote! Please!
The things is, not everyone is like your mum. The majority of people on benefits abuse the system. Yes, I bet 85% are 'Benefit Abusers'.

I personally think we should take the benefits off these 85% and use the money on Science/Paying off debts.

A good example of 'Benefit Abusers' was when EMA was around. People would go into college just to collect EMA (If you needed 60% attendance, people would work out that once they've done 60%, they can have a few weeks off). Also, EMA should have been used for educational purposes, instead the stupid Chavs went into town and bought junk that they don't need.

The only people who should get benefits;

Disabled people who are unable to work.
Single mothers who have to raise children under the age of 10. (Usually the mothers are stupid, but the child shouldn't suffer).

It would make this country work hard again. It's not that long ago that we was a world leading country. Now we're lazy and stupid; China aren't.

Totally dude. I mean, WHY should we be a democracy? Communism is kicking our arse, all headed by the dolies and benefit scroungers. It's such a bear-trap to the crackers that we didn't have your sagacity and astute mind around sooner.

I agree with some of your post.
Original post by Tommyjw
Wrong.

Try = Initial investment of several thousands of pounds. Including no attempts aty finding an actual job during that time as the time demands on starting a new business are incredible.

Likelihood of that business even breaking even = very, very low.

Likelihood of you wasting many months and many thousands of pounds = high.

Who says you need to spend money (much money), to start a business?
Reply 47

To start a business that will have a small chance of resulting in profits that allow you to live off of them will need substantial input in comparison to previous household income ~(in this case, from previous benefits)

Please find me an example which the average person could do, with no start-up money, that has a reasonable chance of resulting in a business with profits allowing for a family to live off.

it would be pretty difficult to without
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw
To start a business that will have a small chance of resulting in profits that allow you to live off of them will need substantial input in comparison to previous household income ~(in this case, from previous benefits)

Please find me an example which the average person could do, with no start-up money, that has a reasonable chance of resulting in a business with profits allowing for a family to live off.
Thanks,for showing Sagacious that you know the bussiness and he doesn't and he just said that people on benefits could start a bussiness!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw

Look, i'm not going to spoon feed you and Britain. Just research Theo Paphitis.
it would be pretty difficult to without

Since when did difficult mean impossible?

But bussiness requires Exceptional Intelligence people on benefits do not have exceptional intelligence
Reply 53

So a very, very,very select few people have managed to form successful empires thus everyone should and is able to?

The logic.. it's astounding.
Reply 54
Sagacious what is your background, how old are you and are you currently paying any taxes?
But bussiness requires Exceptional Intelligence people on benefits do not have exceptional intelligence

It doesn't but again, thank you for proving my point.
Original post by Kasc
Sagacious what is your backing, how old are you and are you currently any taxes?

I'm the square root of -1.

and on that note I shall go to bed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57

You are moronic imo, people claim for JSA for different reasons. Your overly aggressive and ignorant attitude towards such people is unwarranted and disgusting.

People like you do not go very far in life my friend.

It doesn't but again, thank you for proving my point.

It does you underestimate how hard it is to create a bussiness the paperwork,the knowledge profit and loss (simple terminology much more complex terminology that you need to know than them) accounting oh.people who were on benefits would struggle.Try it tommorrow it is very complex requires a lot of planning to.

and on that note I shall go to bed.

Are you 1 year old?

Latest

Trending

Trending