The Student Room Group

Abu Hamza & co bye bye! A joyful week for the people of the UK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/10/abu-hamza-europe-judgment-call-editorial

'The Sun called on Britain to defy the court and said Tory MPs had "finally lost patience" with it. One MP, Chris Heaton-Harris, told the paper: "We should tell [the court] to stick their judgment where political correctness doesn't shine and send Hamza to the US to receive justice.

In fact the European court of human rights judgment authorised the UK government to extradite Hamza and up to four others to the US."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4251781.ece

The Sun told yesterday how a European Court of Human Rights ruling cleared the way for Hamza to be booted out of Britain to face terrorism charges in the States.

HATE preacher Abu Hamza is whingeing he will miss his family when he is extradited to America.

The hook-handed Islamic cleric, 53, now expects to spend the rest of his life in a US jail.

The Rev Stephen Coles, of St Thomas’ Church, near Hamza’s old HQ at London’s Finsbury Park mosque, said: “He knows nobody in the US and his family is here.

“The possibility of any real contact between him and his family from the moment he goes to the US, assuming he is found guilty, is remote.”

"But there is one solution. His sponging relatives could go there too."

Fantastic news for the UK this week. Hope it sends a message to all potential terrorists that they can not get by on political correctness anymore. Let them use up Americas resources! Au Revoir! ma'a salama!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Crazy how many people are campaigning for his co to stay in the UK!

Shocking!
Reply 2
who would want him to stay here
Reply 3
Why should a man, any man, be able to be put on trial in the US rather than here, just because their president said so?
We are going to regret this when we are performing " Peter Pan" and we realise we have no Captain Hook.

Good to hear he's gone however
Reply 5
Original post by TheHansa
Why should a man, any man, be able to be put on trial in the US rather than here, just because their president said so?

Because he plotted crimes against the US and their military?
Reply 6
"In fact the European court of human rights judgment authorised the UK government to extradite Hamza and up to four others to the US".
Reply 7
Whilst I disagree with everything the man preaches, I disagree with his extradition. He should have been tried here, same with Babar Ahmed.

The number of recent extraditions to the US is scary in my opinion, the internet piracy ones are outrageous to be honest. If they've commited a crime, they've done it on British soil, so should be tried here. If the UK courts don't think what they've done is wrong then why the **** are they sending them to America to end up in prison?

High time we stood up for our citizens and said no to America.
Reply 8
Hope he is sent to Texas.

Now send that one back to Jordan as well please. Europe has enough hate preachers of their own no need any imported ones hanging about.
Reply 9
Original post by Chloe xxx
Because he plotted crimes against the US and their military?

What if a white atheist kid sitting at home on his laptop illegally shared Hollywood films? Should he face what prisoners do in their county jails even though he never entered the country?
Reply 10
What if a white atheist kid sitting at home on his laptop illegally shared Hollywood films? Should he face what prisoners do in their county jails even though he never entered the country?

The US would be wrong on this occasion as it is not on the same level as plotting to kill people and being involved with terrorism.

Terrorism should be the only think they should be allowed to extradict for, apart from if a british citizen commits a crime in the US then comes back to the UK.
Reply 11

And why mention his skin colour? Abu Hamza is hardly black or even brown!

He's egyptian, are you now going to say I hate people from Egypt?

because he threatened their security
plus why would we want things like that using up our limited resources?
Good riddance.
Reply 14
The US would be wrong on this occasion as it is not on the same level as plotting to kill people and being involved with terrorism.

Terrorism should be the only think they should be allowed to extradict for, apart from if a british citizen commits a crime in the US then comes back to the UK.

Why is, "terrorism" a crime which encompasses a broad range of acts special? You don't have to kill or even harm other humans to be a terrrorist, non-lethal terrorism would be on the same level as illegally sharing movies in terms of damage caused, but to extradite a kid for such an act is as be both agree disproportionate. Hypothetically, a person who broke no Brtish law could be extradited and stand trial in the US because his acts were defined as terrorism there but not here, and this would be a miscarriage of justice in my opinion; this country must protect the rights of each of its citizens.

And why mention his skin colour? Abu Hamza is hardly black or even brown!

He's egyptian, are you now going to say I hate people from Egypt?

Ok this guy can be blue, if it matters so much. :wink2:
(edited 11 years ago)
Lets not kid ourselves, it is. If it was black or brown kid everything would be second guessed. No offence, I'm just pointing out what I find to be true.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
I can tell you have your pitchfork and torch at the ready, Chloe.
Reply 17
Not really they wouldn't let Bosnia deport him to Syria either. It's not really our problem what the state of other countries is, the bureaucrats should be sorting them out not telling us we can't send some sponging immigrant who spouts hatred back there.
the man did a rather stupid thing but this just proves the false justice we live in.he does a rather stupid thing and spends 10 years getting verbally assaulted by the likes of the distasteful xenophobic the sun and the daily mail.whilst on the other hand the bnp/edl and the likes of nick griffin and the leader of edl stephen lennon are allowed to preech anything and everything they want.why dont we have a real justice and lock all of them up?(obviously not been sent to jordan,egypt or any other dodgy arab countries and most of all the blooming usa!) remember we want reform these people not get them murdered!
Reply 19
No I wanted to eliminate the posibility of anyone going off topic to claim non-whites are not British (this wasn't for Chloe in particular because she has stated she is not racist.)

Original post by calumsteele1
because he threatened their security
plus why would we want things like that using up our limited resources?

Like I said to Cloe a person should be able to act in a way where the consequences of such actions are determined by the laws of Britain, not by countries able to tell us what to do. Holocaust denial as awful as it is, is legal in the UK but not in France, and you woundn't say holocaust deniers should be extradited to France in case they offend French Jews would you?

Quick Reply

Latest