The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I can't believe the attitudes of people in this thread, as if the notion that your parents have sex is alien and disgusting...

it is.... i'm sorry but anyone who isn't grossed out by the thought of one of their parents having sex and who would be comfortable hearing it has something wrong with them!!! it's part of our incest barrier...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by quavers
What makes you think that she does not contribute?
She might pay the bills? TV license? council tax? shopping? clothes? etc

Like that would add up to mortgage payments. No. I'm bored of seeing fathers receive no credit as people just assume they are to blame.
I know, It's traumatising. Now use this as an excuse to turn your home into a brothel :biggrin:D
Reply 43
Original post by Joe909
Like that would add up to mortgage payments. No. I'm bored of seeing fathers receive no credit as people just assume they are to blame.

You like making assumptions don't you.
Original post by Anonymous
thats not the point im making - she can have sex in the house, i dont care, but its also as much my house as it is hers and therefore do i not deserve the respect of not having to hear her at it?? she can have sex when im asleep or not in the house i dont care, but i wouldnt put her through having to hear me moaning and groaning at 9am in the morning because i know it would make her uncomfortable and i respect that i live alongside her

Deserve not having to hear it? Nobody deserves not to be offended. If you choose to take offence at someone doing something that doesn't affect you, that's your call. If it offends you, maybe ask her to be quieter about it, but don't expect her not to have sex with someone because you might vaguely hear a couple of seconds of it.

People get far too hung up about other people having sex. Why can't they stick to being hung up about their own sex lives?
I lol'd hard when i saw the title :rofl:
heavy breathing, creaking bed, you didn't see or hear anyone leave.. maybe she just got herself a rampant rabbit. Does that make you feel better?
Reply 47
Original post by Chumbaniya
Deserve not having to hear it? Nobody deserves not to be offended. If you choose to take offence at someone doing something that doesn't affect you, that's your call. If it offends you, maybe ask her to be quieter about it, but don't expect her not to have sex with someone because you might vaguely hear a couple of seconds of it.

People get far too hung up about other people having sex. Why can't they stick to being hung up about their own sex lives?

if it was my friends or something i'd laugh it off but it is my mother im sorry for feeling a little disgusted
i have no idea who this man is, she hasnt introduced me to him, she's gone to an effort not to introduce me am i not allowed to be hurt by that? as much as im over my parents divorce, she hasnt had a partner since and it would be nice if she made the effort to take my feelings into consideration.
Ask her if she's feeling unwell as you thought you heard her groaning in pain earlier :colone:

(In all seriousness, she might realise what you're implying and keep it a bit quieter in future)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Guitarded
You can't really let someone live in your house under the condition that they're not allowed to have sex.

Of course you can, it's your house and they must respect your wishes :lolwut:
Reply 50
if it was my friends or something i'd laugh it off but it is my mother im sorry for feeling a little disgusted
i have no idea who this man is, she hasnt introduced me to him, she's gone to an effort not to introduce me am i not allowed to be hurt by that? as much as im over my parents divorce, she hasnt had a partner since and it would be nice if she made the effort to take my feelings into consideration.

Maybe she's not seeing anyone and it was a random guy she had stay over? Maybe it is someone she's seeing but it's early days and she doesn't want to be one of those retarded divorced parents who introduce every dickhead girl/boyfriend to their children until the children can't take it anymore? Trust me, you're better off not having to be introduced (yet). And what the hell is with this 'dad pays the mortgage' crap? Is she living in the house because the divorce settlement said he had to pay? If so, stop whining for god's sake. If your dad is just helping out for a while, the same applies. If your dad is letting her live there because he wrongly thinks she'll eventually get back with him, that's his own mistake to make, as long as she's not sweet-talking him into thinking it's a possibility (if it isn't a possibility, that is). She's a grown, independent woman and doesn't owe your dad celibacy. Yeah it's gross to hear the sex but maybe she didn't think you'd hear. And she probably hasn't mentioned anything cos it's weird having to talk about your sex habits with relatives. She probably didn't say anything so as to not upset you, but unfortunately you heard it.
thats not the point im making - she can have sex in the house, i dont care, but its also as much my house as it is hers and therefore do i not deserve the respect of not having to hear her at it?? she can have sex when im asleep or not in the house i dont care, but i wouldnt put her through having to hear me moaning and groaning at 9am in the morning because i know it would make her uncomfortable and i respect that i live alongside her

Maybe she thought you were:s-smilie: Feel better now? Honestly get over it. Even if she had introduced him to you or was for instance doing it with your dad:eek:. Would that make it easier on the ear?
Reply 52
Wait, you didn't see the man?

Are you sure she wasn't maybe, playing with herself? :sexface:

Now you have some real f*****d up images in your head :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
I know this isn't exactly the same but for me birthday went camping, had 8 in a tent and my friend had sex in his sleeping bag with this girl while the other 7 of us were sleeping in the same tent. I didn't witness it but in the morning everyone looked so disturbed and I only found out later lol, thought he had some nerve - bet it was exciting though.
Reply 54
Akward.....
I bet you masturbated.
What on Earth does this have to do with who is paying the mortgage on the house?
Reply 57
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
It happens.
My Dad & Step Mum did it whilst we were all staying in a caravan, it was awful and everyone could hear :/

In a caravan???

That's just having no manners.
Sounds like you're angry that your Mum is getting more sex than you.
Original post by KingGoonIan
I know this isn't exactly the same but for me birthday went camping, had 8 in a tent and my friend had sex in his sleeping bag with this girl while the other 7 of us were sleeping in the same tent. I didn't witness it but in the morning everyone looked so disturbed and I only found out later lol, thought he had some nerve - bet it was exciting though.

Lol, I really laughed out loud at that.

In high school, a very similar thing happened except that I was sharing a tent with a male and a female friend. One thing led to another and we.. ahem.. went at it (the three of us). After we'd finished, my female friend went to sleep and my mate and I did the same again.

We found out the next day our friend was in fact not asleep, and she was furious. I laugh every time I think of that (perverse, I know, but very funny)

Latest

Trending

Trending