The Student Room Group

Edexcel French Listening 14 may 2012

Scroll to see replies

Overall, I thought that this was quite a tricky test as edexcel were CONSTANTLY trying to trick with the way recordings were stated. I hope because of this that the grade boundaries are Low! :smile:

P.S. Good luck to Everyone with the reading exam on Thursday morning!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DrSL
Rewinding would've too.

What does rewinding mean here?
Reply 82
Original post by kitkat1
Those- I think - are all correct (apart from the Nice debacle that I'm not including in the statement). I'm not sure about part i) for the hypermarchΓ© question. I'm convinced she said 'Γ‡a me fait de mauvaise humeur.' I may be wrong. :mad:

N.B. I got Annecy - Good restaurants, plenty of activities in the evening, and many sports facilities.

Thanks, at least I'll get two marks on that question!! And for the hypermarket one, I think you might be right, I had a feeling that's what she said!!
Reply 83
Original post by annnie
Thanks, at least I'll get two marks on that question!! And for the hypermarket one, I think you might be right, I had a feeling that's what she said!!

I heard it too :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
What does rewinding mean here?

Some people were allowed to rewind it themselves and listen again :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by DrSL
Does anyone remember the questions?! Because some of the answers don't help without a reminder of the questions.

I personally found it VERY hard. Much harder than all the past papers. But that may be because the sound yesterday wasn't very good. Headphones would help a LOT. Rewinding would've too.

Q1) About his work
Q2) What people spent their pocket money on.
Q3) Choosing a holiday destination
Q4) Mobile phones in schools
Q5) A person talking about themselves, had to tick what they mentioned
Q6) A hypermarket
Q7) Family relationships
Q8) A past holiday
Q9 and 10) e-readers
Reply 86
Original post by annnie
Q1) About his work
Q2) What people spent their pocket money on.
Q3) Choosing a holiday destination
Q4) Mobile phones in schools
Q5) A person talking about themselves, had to tick what they mentioned
Q6) A hypermarket
Q7) Family relationships
Q8) A past holiday
Q9 and 10) e-readers

Thanks, I'm guessing no one remembers more details than that? :colondollar:
Reply 87
Original post by DrSL
Thanks, I'm guessing no one remembers more details than that? :colondollar:

I probably can! Which questions do you need?
How's everyone feeling about the reading exam?

Also, anyone please Post any ideas of Possible topics for the reading exam. :smile:
Original post by annnie
I probably can! Which questions do you need?

Can you please post any more details for all the Questions you can remember? :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by the A* guy
How's everyone feeling about the reading exam?

Also, anyone please Post any ideas of Possible topics for the reading exam. :smile:

Not so confident..I failed it wbu?
My teacher said the Olympics?
Reply 91
Original post by DrSL

To be honest, that is quite possible. It is logical they will talk about the olympics in the hard section.
Reply 92
Can you please post any more details for all the Questions you can remember? :smile:

Ok

Q1) Had to list the advantages and disadvantages of a person's job.
Q2) Had to tick the correct box. Who bought what with their pocket money? The options were: clothes, phone credit, music downloads and school stuff.
Q3) Had to choose from NICE, DIJON or ANNECY. Then tick 2 boxes for the correct reasons why they decided on the place.
Q4) Mobile phones in schools. 4 questions - Who doesn't use them in class, who uses them in class, who is allowed phones at school, and who says that teachers know they break the rules?
Q5) A girl spoke about herself, and you had to tick the 4 things she mentioned.
Q6) Each person spoke individually. Had to write the correct letter. It was about Hypermarkets.
Q7) Tick the correct box. Family relationships. Options were: everyone has a job, we go out together, we tell each other everything and we never argue.
Q8) Had to tick correct box. Had 3 options for each part of the question. Where did they stay? What did they do? What did she like? Where is she going next year?
Q9a) Name two advantages of an E-reader.
b) What question do people ask
c) what does the presented say about recycling E-readers.
Q10a) What does the presented like about them?
Q10b) Why would parents buy them for their children?
Q10c) What does the presenter think?

That's the best I can explain them :tongue:
Original post by DrSL

I feel quite good for it, my target is an A grade, and if i'm LUCKY and the grade boundaries are LOW, I might just get it! :biggrin:

Also the Olympics seems like a Very possible topic, I think it could easily be the topic of the passage, For the one written question. :smile:
Original post by annnie
Ok

Q1) Had to list the advantages and disadvantages of a person's job.
Q2) Had to tick the correct box. Who bought what with their pocket money? The options were: clothes, phone credit, music downloads and school stuff.
Q3) Had to choose from NICE, DIJON or ANNECY. Then tick 2 boxes for the correct reasons why they decided on the place.
Q4) Mobile phones in schools. 4 questions - Who doesn't use them in class, who uses them in class, who is allowed phones at school, and who says that teachers know they break the rules?
Q5) A girl spoke about herself, and you had to tick the 4 things she mentioned.
Q6) Each person spoke individually. Had to write the correct letter. It was about Hypermarkets.
Q7) Tick the correct box. Family relationships. Options were: everyone has a job, we go out together, we tell each other everything and we never argue.
Q8) Had to tick correct box. Had 3 options for each part of the question. Where did they stay? What did they do? What did she like? Where is she going next year?
Q9a) Name two advantages of an E-reader.
b) What question do people ask
c) what does the presented say about recycling E-readers.
Q10a) What does the presented like about them?
Q10b) Why would parents buy them for their children?
Q10c) What does the presenter think?

That's the best I can explain them :tongue:

Thank you VERY much for this! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 95
Guys, I am kind of paranoid, because I changed some of my answers.

Like I know it said to put a line through if you want to change it, which I did for the ones I wanted to change, BUT for one of them, I changed it, then wanted to change it back, so what I did was write a note for the examiner beside the question (LOL), but I am just scared I have lost loads of stupid marks over it!!!! I have A* for Writing and Speaking, but I am paranoid that I have ruined my chances over changing my answers! Stupid me -_-
Reply 96
I feel quite good for it, my target is an A grade, and if i'm LUCKY and the grade boundaries are LOW, I might just get it! :biggrin:

Also the Olympics seems like a Very possible topic, I think it could easily be the topic of the passage, For the one written question. :smile:

Hope you do! :smile: How low do you want them to be?
Yeah because they like to stay "current" lol
Reply 97
Original post by DrSL

Original post by Coke1
To be honest, that is quite possible. It is logical they will talk about the olympics in the hard section.

Here are some olympics-related words that I just found from Google that you might find useful:
1. le stade olympique –
2. un(e) athlΓ¨te –
3. une mΓ©daille –
4. d’or –
5. d’argent –
6. de bronze –
7. un(e) mΓ©daillΓ©(e) olympique –
8. la flamme olympique –
9. la cΓ©rΓ©monie d’ouverture -
10. la cΓ©rΓ©monie de clΓ΄ture -
11. une course -
12. une Γ©preuve -
13. l’épreuve de … -
14. le programme olympique -
15. l'athlΓ©tisme -
16. les sports Γ©questres -
17. les sports aquatiques -
18. l'aviron -
19. l'haltΓ©rophilie -
20. le hockey sur gazon -
21. la natation synchronisΓ©e -
22. le plongeon -
23. le tir -
24. sur les pistes –
25. emporter la mΓ©daille d'or/d'argent/de bronze -
26. arriver premier/première -
27. arriver deuxième -
28. se placer en ...ième position -
Reply 98
Why was my last post negged?
ABot complaining: i've sent an email to ocr before and they actually considered my point and out it in the comments oor whatever, also complained to aqa but they told me to get the school to complain or we cudnt giv a **** owtte :wink:. I don't think edexcel will listen it wasn't outrageous just tricky.

Quick Reply

Latest