The Student Room Group

Do Mathematics modules have to be consecutive when swapping around?

I've done / doing C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M2, M3, S1, S2, D1, D2, FP1, FP2.

Can I use M1 and M3 as my 2 applied modules for core mathematics or do they have to be consecutive? e.g. M1 and M2
Reply 1
My teacher said to me that they don't have to be, but it's the exam board who decide which modules go for which subject grade.
Reply 2
Original post by dinaa08
I've done / doing C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M2, M3, S1, S2, D1, D2, FP1, FP2.

Can I use M1 and M3 as my 2 applied modules for core mathematics or do they have to be consecutive? e.g. M1 and M2

You (and your school) have no choice -- the modules are arranged automatically by the exam board to make sure that you get the best possible grades.

But even so, no. Your Maths A-level will consist of C1-4 and two out of M1, M2, S1, S2, D1, D2 (where if e.g. S2 is to occur then S1 must also occur), and the rest of the modules will go in your Further Maths A-level.
Reply 3
Original post by nuodai
You (and your school) have no choice -- the modules are arranged automatically by the exam board to make sure that you get the best possible grades.

But even so, no. Your Maths A-level will consist of C1-4 and two out of M1, M2, S1, S2, D1, D2 (where if e.g. S2 is to occur then S1 must also occur), and the rest of the modules will go in your Further Maths A-level.

Oh I know that :smile: I was just wondering so I can calculate what I need to get in my upcoming exams. Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending