The Student Room Group

IB - SL Maths Paper 1 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by amylou98
i got 7, but i guessed :frown:

Same, I got n=13, but 7 is the correct one :smile: found out afterwards...
Hopefully I'll get some working marks :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Original post by aeyurttaser13
totally agree.. it was the only challenging question and i think i got it wrong, but hopefully some points for method :smile: and im expecting an 80-85

Agreed... I guessed and after the tiniest bit of working put down n=7, so hopefully should get at least 3/7 for that. I'm expecting anything above 80 too, I need that 7!
Ah the irony of question 7. I did well though, I think full marks.

It was so much easier than the past papers... don't think I did an easier one.

What was the joke first question? Can't remember.
Reply 23
haha yess...question 7 was too bad..does anyone remember the exact question?
Reply 24
what are your results?
Reply 25
I got a 5. No idea how - I really thought I'd failed. I never thought I'd be so happy to see a 5 on my results slip!
I got a 7 :smile: didn't think I would after my teacher told me that no one gets a 7
Reply 27
Original post by seventyfourable
I got a 7 :smile: didn't think I would after my teacher told me that no one gets a 7
Getting a 7 in SL is easier than passing HL..
I actually didactic hl. Exam to practice and I passed with less difficulty than getting the 7 in standard level. Also if you did hl why are you on the sl thread
Reply 29
I actually didactic hl. Exam to practice and I passed with less difficulty than getting the 7 in standard level. Also if you did hl why are you on the sl thread
Taking one exam for practice is much much different than taking the actual course -.- Hmm a friend of mine got 2's and 3's in HL but when he dropped down to SL he got 95% or higher in all the exams. My teacher says there is a big difference between the courses as well...
I know there is a big difference but a 3 is a pass so on that basis I don't think it is easier to pass HL than get a 7 in SL
Reply 31
I know there is a big difference but a 3 is a pass so on that basis I don't think it is easier to pass HL than get a 7 in SL
It might differ between people. 4 is passing and a 3 is a fail (just like in every other subject)..
got a 6.. really expected a 7 and dont know how this happened :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending