The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Future Doc
Thanks dude. Can't believe we're actually going to be medics.

Edit: Barts medics!

You're gonna be a future doc :tongue:
Some hotties amongst your cohort today.
Original post by MuffinMonster
You're gonna be a future doc :tongue:

I love this :biggrin:
I love this :biggrin:

I swear the course starts in 2012, not 2013 :biggrin: unless you're finishing your degree first?
Reply 5784
How do they not know this? I'm currently begging relatives for cash.

And Jeeves is amazing.

tbh a lot of people knew that it was 9 grande but most seemed to think that because they haven't taken out loans for their first degree meant that they were entitled to loans this time but this turned out to be not the case. The words the women used were"it looks very bleak", tbh even I'm started to have doubts, barts is incredible but the GEP finance is just lightyears ahead.

and to digitalis, i was surprised by the amount of hotties too.
Did a lot of school leavers come to the post offer day today? Or was it mostly gap year and graduates?
Original post by Tripo
tbh a lot of people knew that it was 9 grande but most seemed to think that because they haven't taken out loans for their first degree meant that they were entitled to loans this time but this turned out to be not the case. The words the women used were"it looks very bleak", tbh even I'm started to have doubts, barts is incredible but the GEP finance is just lightyears ahead.

and to digitalis, i was surprised by the amount of hotties too.

You got a GEP offer? Take it.
I swear the course starts in 2012, not 2013 :biggrin: unless you're finishing your degree first?

Yeah my offer is conditional on my finishing my degree and getting a 2:1. So I'll see you at Barts, you'll just be the 2nd years torturing me during Tables.

Original post by Tripo

If I had a GEP offer, then I would take it. I love Barts but I've only got enough for the first year's tuition so I've gotta sort out year 2,3 and 4. I'll take the offer but I know it's going to be hard work to get the money.
Yeah my offer is conditional on my finishing my degree and getting a 2:1. So I'll see you at Barts, you'll just be the 2nd years torturing me during Tables.

If I had a GEP offer, then I would take it. I love Barts but I've only got enough for the first year's tuition so I've gotta sort out year 2,3 and 4. I'll take the offer but I know it's going to be hard work to get the money.

Would you take a part time job?
I. LOVE. JEEVES. That sexy confidence, the articulation, the passion................
Original post by digitalis
Some hotties amongst your cohort today.

I expected nothing less :tongue:
Would you take a part time job?

Its difficult because I need money but I know my job at Spoons is affecting my current degree and medicine is going to be so much more intense. I need a job that requires less input for more output. I might focus on my shares more or something.
Reply 5792
Original post by Lauren975
I. LOVE. JEEVES. That sexy confidence, the articulation, the passion................

Much like (almost) every woman in that room
Helloo guys! May I ask if there is a facebook group for 2012 successful med applicants to join? :biggrin: Cheerios.
Original post by Lauren975

Well spotted! Naturally, all ex-Presidents of the Barts and the London Student Association are just like him:colondollar:
This thread has slowed down considerably since offers/rejections have finished :smile: i guess thats what should be expected....
Anyone who's firming know what accommodation they are going for yet???
Original post by andyeverest
This thread has slowed down considerably since offers/rejections have finished :smile: i guess thats what should be expected....
Anyone who's firming know what accommodation they are going for yet???

Hi - going to the post offer day on 2 April and hoping that may help me decide! Dawson and Mile End look most favourable at the moment... what have you been thinking about? :smile:
Original post by Mish Bish
Hi - going to the post offer day on 2 April and hoping that may help me decide! Dawson and Mile End look most favourable at the moment... what have you been thinking about? :smile:

Dawson, this isn't really a contest.
Original post by Mish Bish

Yeh I've just been to the post offer open day 2 days ago .... i was hoping they would go into depth on accommodation, but they didn't! it was the one thing they didn't really talk in detail about! i was hoping we would get a tour around one of the accommodation buildings but we didn't.

I don't know which i prefer...Mile end looks the best BUT apparently not many Medicine students live there as most live in Dawson or Floyer! and i don't know how i feel about that so id probably choose Dawsonm or Floyer!

Dawson looks Nicer and in a nicer area however is at least a 25-30min walk from lectures in the first year...whilst being at floyer means i could go to lectures in pyjamas haha

Seems everywhere has its good points but everywhere also has its bad points!!
Original post by andyeverest
Yeh I've just been to the post offer open day 2 days ago .... i was hoping they would go into depth on accommodation, but they didn't! it was the one thing they didn't really talk in detail about! i was hoping we would get a tour around one of the accommodation buildings but we didn't.

I don't know which i prefer...Mile end looks the best BUT apparently not many Medicine students live there as most live in Dawson or Floyer! and i don't know how i feel about that so id probably choose Dawsonm or Floyer!

Dawson looks Nicer and in a nicer area however is at least a 25-30min walk from lectures in the first year...whilst being at floyer means i could go to lectures in pyjamas haha

Seems everywhere has its good points but everywhere also has its bad points!!

Well I really wanted to go to the open day (2nd April) to here more about accommodation, I guess it would be best to talk to current students, but its likely that they'll be kinda biased... :P

Quick Reply

Latest