The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Lucy_x
emma if you don't mind me asking, how can you be in uni and still apply to another course at the same time? don't know how it works haha!

hi, sorry for the crazily long time its taken me to reply, ive not been on here in a while
! i just applied through ucas. i emailed the admissions ppl at the vet schools to see if theyd consider me while at uni and bristol even said it would be a good idea. my tutor and everyone here at liverpool know about it too and are really supportive so its all good. and now im here i couldnt imagine still being at home on another gap year! how's your app going? xx
In relation to the applying a third time and staying at home another year, I have decided that as it is my second time applying, i will take up my unconditional animal biology offer at nottingham trent if i dont get an offer from any vet meds but then still reapply while i am in my first year at vet med. Main reason is because i can't face staying at home again, i want to move on, start learning again, but as long as i will still be in the position to reapply for vet med. Anybody else in the same frame of mind? who is still waiting to hear from unis?? and who has actually had offers?
Reply 422
Hello! Has anyone had a Bristol interview? I didn't get one last year so I have no idea what to expect.. I heard they're pretty intense! xx
Original post by Scragbag
Hello! Has anyone had a Bristol interview? I didn't get one last year so I have no idea what to expect.. I heard they're pretty intense! xx

Mine wasn't TOO intense last year, looking back I was really lucky with the questions they asked but I just didn't prepare enough and my nerves completely overtook. With Bristol I would say know your personal statement back to front because the delve in to it quite deep, also pet vaccines I would recommend brushing up on, but at the end of the day they don't want to be mean they just want to see how you cope. Got my Bristol interview next week, terrified lol

Ooooh meant to ask, anyone on here know if you take your work experience references to interview with you like last year or do you have to post them?
Reply 424
RVC offer :biggrin: so happy
This thread's back from the dead! :tongue:

Got an RVC offer, just waiting for Liverpool to update their decision and then I'll have had all of my responses.
I've had offers from RVC and Liverpool today but they're both conditional as I've still got exams to do in the summer :frown: but fingers crossed I'll do it this year!
Original post by Becky:)*
RVC offer :biggrin: so happy

Original post by gernumblies
This thread's back from the dead! :tongue:

Got an RVC offer, just waiting for Liverpool to update their decision and then I'll have had all of my responses.

Original post by ILurfSmurf
I've had offers from RVC and Liverpool today but they're both conditional as I've still got exams to do in the summer :frown: but fingers crossed I'll do it this year!

well done everyone! Bristol offer for me ^_^ so happy, can't believe we finally made it!

Quick Reply

Latest