The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yoghurt
[video="youtube_share;wC8ovJYAU3U"]http://youtu.be/wC8ovJYAU3U[/video]

I think this might have to be added to my list of TV shows to watch!

Can't wait for this.
Reply 601
Currently watching:

Spartacus: Vengence - Really good season finale I thought if very disturbing.

Friday Night Lights - One Tree Hill but American Football instead of basketball, not bad at all.

Mad Men- Heard about it for ages, watched the new series on Sky Atlantic; probably the coolest show ever man those suits THOSE SUITS :sogood:

Homeland - Best show on television currently, no question.

True Blood - Can't really be arsed to explain as so much **** has happened recently, but I love it.
Recorded Game of Thrones as well, tasty schedule for me there.
Reply 602
Great episode of Justified, if a bit confusing. Really looking forward to the finale
Reply 603
I watched the Justified episode tonight as well, quite a lot going on atm.

You seen the promo for the next episode?

Spoiler

And also, how much time did Raylan have on screen in that episode? It was a bit odd.
Reply 604
This should be worth watching: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_(TV_series)
Reply 605
Original post by Pheylan
This should be worth watching: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_(TV_series)

Yeah Judd Apatow's attached to it so should be pretty good.

Looks a bit Sex and the City-ish though..
Reply 606
Anyone watched the 1st season of House of Lies? I found the show really interesting. Had a lot of dark undertones but still managed to have some humour in it as well.

Also loving this season of Psych. It's fast becoming my favourite TV Show.
Reply 607
The first 3 seasons of Psych are immense :yep:
Reply 608
****ing hell... another amazing episode of Community
You've changed, man.
Reply 610
That was probably one of the best episodes of Community ever. Right up there with the paintball ones.
Reply 611
Original post by concubine
You've changed, man.

And I love it :biggrin:

I find that the best shows are the ones that take a while to get into. Community's a good example
I've seen it multiple times now. I still hate almost all of the characters and don't find it funny. 6_6

The black guy is just terrible. I hate him.

I hate Tracy Jordan/Morgan, whatever, too.

And Turk.

>_>
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 613
Is it black guys you hate in general or just ones who are a mid 1990's stereotype :beard:
Reply 614
Original post by concubine
The black guy is just terrible. I hate him.

I hate Tracy Jordan/Morgan, whatever, too.

And Turk.

>_>

lol. I actually found myself thinking the same about female black characters. Shirley (from Community), Rose from Lost, the fat one from Parks and Recreation, Loretta from Curb, Smash's mum from FNL. And Brianna Barksdale, but it's ****ing inevitable that there's gonna be one annoying black woman in The Wire.

On the other hand, I like Kima Greggs and Rachel from Justified (although I think of her as "the negress" ever since that episode)
Reply 615
Original post by Mess.
The first 3 seasons of Psych are immense :yep:

You know that's right.

The next 3 are pretty dam good too.
Reply 616
Original post by bax121
You know that's right.

The next 3 are pretty dam good too.

Psych is just amazingly good. It's so funny as well.

Anyone like Leverage?
Reply 617
There's a show called 'Magic City' out now in the U.S, just wondering if anyone knows if it's going to be shown in the UK sometime soon? :beard:

Looks immense... :sogood:
Original post by Pheylan
lol. I actually found myself thinking the same about female black characters. Shirley (from Community), Rose from Lost, the fat one from Parks and Recreation, Loretta from Curb, Smash's mum from FNL. And Brianna Barksdale, but it's ****ing inevitable that there's gonna be one annoying black woman in The Wire.

On the other hand, I like Kima Greggs and Rachel from Justified (although I think of her as "the negress" ever since that episode)

Hahaha. That's the first word that comes to my head when I think of her too. I don't even remember her character's real name.

But yeah, there's loads of black characters I love. My problem is pretty much limited to sitcoms I think. I can't stand the 'anti-stereotypical' (which ironically seem to have become stereotypical) black guy characters that seems to be so prevalent in sitcoms.

And I hate the somewhat stupid (and usually fat), loudmouthed and confrontational-but-with-a-big-heart black woman character.
Original post by TM94
There's a show called 'Magic City' out now in the U.S, just wondering if anyone knows if it's going to be shown in the UK sometime soon? :beard:

Looks immense... :sogood:

It is good. It is like Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire and Sporanos- a mix. It is really good.

The intro is pretty immense.

Quick Reply

Latest