Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Shokata
I'm planning on applying for a standard room in Moor Lane Halls - anyone with similar plans, mature students especially? :smile:

I think in that area there will be quite a few matures seeing as we all seem to be searching privately. IQ Kopa, Moor lane and Trinity are all pretty close so I don't think it'll be too difficult finding other mature students to hang out with.

I'll be 24 when starting, you?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by akaCZ
I'm in Kopa but applied privately so in a type 3 room which is huge compare to the type 1's people will be getting thru the Uni (like 3 times the size for only £6p/w more!). All those rooms plus the medium sized type 2's are fully booked though according to the website, don't know what the status is for others such as Trinity.

I deferred my entry though so knowing I was going to UCLan I booked as soon as they were released in December :smile:

Think ill have a shop around :smile: Thanks!
Reply 142
Hi

I have been offered an unconditional place on MA social work and I am looking for a place to live.

Does anyone have any names of private halls? Or is anyone looking for a house share?

I will be 22 when i start the course

Thanks
:smile:
Original post by funkyf321
Hi

I have been offered an unconditional place on MA social work and I am looking for a place to live.

Does anyone have any names of private halls? Or is anyone looking for a house share?

I will be 22 when i start the course

Thanks

Congratulations on your unconditional :smile:

I'll be staying at Trinity Student Village which is private but there's also Foundary Court (who are owned by the same company as Trinity), Moor Lane Halls, IQ Kopa (I stayed there in my first year and it was nice!), Warehouse, Brunel and a couple more who's name escapes me! Their websites are easy to find, just Google them :smile: Just depends on the prices since all the halls are on campus.

Student housing shouldn't be too difficult to find either if you just shop around on student accommodation websites. It depends on what you're looking for of course, I'm wanting to go back to halls since I found them a lot more social- which is ironic since it'll be my dissertation year :confused:
Reply 144
Original post by manx1991
Congratulations on your unconditional :smile:

I'll be staying at Trinity Student Village which is private but there's also Foundary Court (who are owned by the same company as Trinity), Moor Lane Halls, IQ Kopa (I stayed there in my first year and it was nice!), Warehouse, Brunel and a couple more who's name escapes me! Their websites are easy to find, just Google them :smile: Just depends on the prices since all the halls are on campus.

Student housing shouldn't be too difficult to find either if you just shop around on student accommodation websites. It depends on what you're looking for of course, I'm wanting to go back to halls since I found them a lot more social- which is ironic since it'll be my dissertation year :confused:

Thanks

Yeah I think I have looked at all them. Everythings so expensive though!

With me doing a postgraduate social work course I cant apply for anything from SFE, just the NHS Social Work Bursary!

I think my best option is student housing but where bills are included in the rent as i dont want to have to be asking people to pay their bills!

Thanks
Reply 145
conditional for dentistry :smile: think im commuting from home coz they dont give you much loan for a second degree!
Reply 146
Original post by akaCZ
I think in that area there will be quite a few matures seeing as we all seem to be searching privately. IQ Kopa, Moor lane and Trinity are all pretty close so I don't think it'll be too difficult finding other mature students to hang out with.

I'll be 24 when starting, you?

Yeah that's what I figured too - I also emailed Cosmo and they said you can request to be put in a flat with other mature students if you wish, and they'll do their best to arrange it.
And I'll turn 23 two months after the start of the course :smile:
Hi,
accepted place on Physiotherapy Undergrad.
Moving over from Ireland.
Is anyone here going to live in the warehouse?

Since Im moving over wanted a bigger room en-suite.
Only received my letter about accommodation this week and hadnt actually even thought about it!

Most large rooms were already gone but have got 1 at the warehouse for a good price for its size etc.

Anyone else staying here? :biggrin:
P
i just got an unconditional offer from uclan for ODP anyone else joining me in sept?
Reply 149
Hi

Is anybody going to UCLan for Mathematics this year?
anyone heard from child nursing???
Reply 151
Original post by yorkshirelass1994
anyone heard from child nursing???

HEy, I still haven't heard and I had my interview in November. Annoying!! Xxx
Reply 152
Hey is anyone looking for a room starting from 1st september 2012 runs to june 2013, its in a house situated close to uni and town its a double bedded room and is £69 per week lovely house you'd be sharing with 5 other amazing girls, if your interested message me or comment please. :smile: x
Heya, I've applied for Journalism and have accepted the offer! x
Hey guys :biggrin: I got a letter on Friday saying my adult nursing interview was successful but it hasn't changed on UCAS yet. Hopefully I'll be joining you all in September! x
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey :smile: Is anybody deferring entry? I've been looking for people going in 2013 (obviously it's too early for ordinary applicants) I'll be 20 when I start and I'm both excited and a bit apprehensive. I'll be studying Asia Pacific Studies doing Japanese :biggrin:
Reply 156
Original post by BishopBasher
Anyone applying for Counselling and Psychotherapy? Nt seen anyone applying for this course anywhere... Looks like its just meeee :frown: i have a conditional offer of DMM (280 points) thanks :smile:

hey, i've got a conditional for counselling and psychotherapy except my offers for 300 >.<
has anyone heard about child nursing? or know any infomation? still waiting to hear from them!! :frown:
Anyone booked Derwent Hall for this coming September?
If youve lived there before, well... Whats it like?
Anyone?

Hugs to all xx
Hm.. True, but thing is, I cant stretch my finances anymore, therefore, Ive booked Derwent hall instead :L
Is it a nice hall to be in, like?

Hugs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending