The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
I'm probably just lucky that I moved to a new school and managed to convince the teachers that I was exceptional in the first week or so :colonhash: I doubt my old school would have had any of my **** :awesome: (It actually expected A/A* grades from top set, where here a B is fine - not that there's anything wrong with that :biggrin:)

But if I can finish Maths in Year 11 I can a) focus on Further Maths in college and b) do LATIN :dance:

You should be getting an A or an A* in top set unless you are underachieving or not working very hard because I worked it out mathematically 16.5% get A/A* in Maths and in my school there is six sets plus an extra one for special needs but some people look like they won't get an A/A* because they mess about.How are you doing in your maths GCSE? and you are so lucky that you get to finish maths early and get on with learning A-Level because I have to finish it at the end of Year 11-I would have been due to finish in November if my teacher hadn't delayed the classes entry for Unit 2 till this June.
Original post by Dalek1099
You should be getting an A or an A* in top set unless you are underachieving or not working very hard because I worked it out mathematically 16.5% get A/A* in Maths and in my school there is six sets plus an extra one for special needs but some people look like they won't get an A/A* because they mess about.How are you doing in your maths GCSE? and you are so lucky that you get to finish maths early and get on with learning A-Level because I have to finish it at the end of Year 11-I would have been due to finish in November if my teacher hadn't delayed the classes entry for Unit 2 till this June.

Well, I am getting A*s if that's what you're getting at, which is why my teacher said "why the **** not" when I asked to do the GCSE early. Well, she didn't say that, it was more like "if you think it's fine, that's fine, but I need to talk to mah boss".

I'm doing Linear, so I can't really answer as to how I'm doing. Good marks in mock, not brilliant, I had to have been out of my mind, because I never would make mistakes like I did. I thought to myself in exam "ok tan function please brain!" and then used sin :colonhash:

:biggrin:

Sometimes I miss my old school. Then I think that I would be doing compulsory French and be around dickheads, and I'm fine with it :awesome:

Sorry, did you work out that 16.5% of people get A/A* or was that data you got from somewhere else and used to calculate that you should get As in top set?
Reply 2682
Ugh revising again...
Or I should be anyway...
And just some advice... Don't start arguing with a teacher on the last lesson before parents evening *facepalm*
Original post by tomp33
Ugh revising again...
Or I should be anyway...
And just some advice... Don't start arguing with a teacher on the last lesson before parents evening *facepalm*

leelelel, I did that and parent evening came but it was all good comments about me :biggrin:
Reply 2684
Original post by Saleemadat
leelelel, I did that and parent evening came but it was all good comments about me :biggrin:

Thankfully I managed to avoid said teacher but it was very difficult sneaking about like the freaking FBI.
*shrugs*
Well, I am getting A*s if that's what you're getting at, which is why my teacher said "why the **** not" when I asked to do the GCSE early. Well, she didn't say that, it was more like "if you think it's fine, that's fine, but I need to talk to mah boss".

I'm doing Linear, so I can't really answer as to how I'm doing. Good marks in mock, not brilliant, I had to have been out of my mind, because I never would make mistakes like I did. I thought to myself in exam "ok tan function please brain!" and then used sin :colonhash:

:biggrin:

Sometimes I miss my old school. Then I think that I would be doing compulsory French and be around dickheads, and I'm fine with it :awesome:

Sorry, did you work out that 16.5% of people get A/A* or was that data you got from somewhere else and used to calculate that you should get As in top set?

16.5% get A or A* in GCSE Mathematics that is a statistic and thatmeans that top set should get A or A*.
16.5% get A or A* in GCSE Mathematics that is a statistic and thatmeans that top set should get A or A*.

Coolio, although if I am correct in assuming that this statistic is for the entire country, then you're making the mistake of assuming this can be applied to a single school. For example, one school could have 4% of students getting A*s, another could have 56%.

Perhaps this sort of thing is the root of my hatred for statistics.
Coolio, although if I am correct in assuming that this statistic is for the entire country, then you're making the mistake of assuming this can be applied to a single school. For example, one school could have 4% of students getting A*s, another could have 56%.

Perhaps this sort of thing is the root of my hatred for statistics.

Yes the statistic is for the entire country and Why do you not want compulsory French?-I thought you loved languages:confused:
Why do you not want compulsory French?-I thought you loved languages:confused:

*shudder*

Romance languages :colonhash:

:colonhash:
:colonhash:

Why did you quote me?
I have had my first day of work experience and I think it went rather well and I was also able to pop into my secondary school to get my dinner and I did some rather clumsy errors-I lost my student pass in a PE cupboard and I kept saying my first name instead of Mr.surname because I have never been called by my surname.
I am incapable of answering the correct question in speaking exams :colonhash:
I have had my first day of work experience and I think it went rather well and I was also able to pop into my secondary school to get my dinner and I did some rather clumsy errors-I lost my student pass in a PE cupboard and I kept saying my first name instead of Mr.surname because I have never been called by my surname.

I hope you learn something from work experience. I had to do some case studies for businesses eg Tesco and Dove. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2693
Little year 7 girls running around school with baseball bats thinking they're hard by threating every other teacher -_-
Original post by Mr.Nor
Little year 7 girls running around school with baseball bats thinking they're hard by threating every other teacher -_-

:lolwut:
:smile: hi guys, i just came back from the borough sports... I came 3rd overall (year 10, 11, 12,13) in high jump and 4th in Relay..

now i have been invited to the junior Olympics in Nottingham,,, OMG! anyone gonna be there?
Reply 2696
:lolwut:

Yup just an average day around here ;P

Original post by jennifer.tariah
:smile: hi guys, i just came back from the borough sports... I came 3rd overall (year 10, 11, 12,13) in high jump and 4th in Relay..

now i have been invited to the junior Olympics in Nottingham,,, OMG! anyone gonna be there?

I live in Nottingham :biggrin: but im not going as I can't do sport to save my life :3

Well done :awesome:
Hi everyone. Seems to like I just come and go from this thread... What's everyone up to this week? Since my last post, I still haven't started revision! I'm gonna start next week and hope everything's ok...

Well done; that's a super achievement! :biggrin:
Original post by Dougieowner
Hi everyone. Seems to like I just come and go from this thread... What's everyone up to this week? Since my last post, I still haven't started revision! I'm gonna start next week and hope everything's ok...

Well done; that's a super achievement! :biggrin:

revision :biggrin: -.- haha i got my exam timetable today so now i need to draw up a suitable revision one -.- ... it looks all messed up my firsy exam is 21st of may and my last is 25th of june :O .... stress will soon take over !

Latest